Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby BOMBERS » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:28 am

Mallala would have to be premiership favourites now? Big win over the in form Virginia. Mallala are really starting to hit some form and I'm hearing they will be getting a few guys back from injury which will make them stronger.
What's happened to TW? A few losses on the trot now. Really tightens things up for finals positions.
Good to see the boys get back in the winners circle. They have played some very poor footy of late. Dowdell, Heberle, Thach and Flynn were very good and set up the win. I said a few weeks ago that there would be vote pinching but Ben Dowdell would have to be up there in the mail medal the way he is playing at the moment. Has been superb in the ruck.
The umpires did a very good job on the weekend. Far cry from the week before though. That was far from good.
BOMBERS
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:59 pm

BOMBERS wrote:Mallala would have to be premiership favourites now? Big win over the in form Virginia. Mallala are really starting to hit some form and I'm hearing they will be getting a few guys back from injury which will make them stronger.
What's happened to TW? A few losses on the trot now. Really tightens things up for finals positions.
Good to see the boys get back in the winners circle. They have played some very poor footy of late. Dowdell, Heberle, Thach and Flynn were very good and set up the win. I said a few weeks ago that there would be vote pinching but Ben Dowdell would have to be up there in the mail medal the way he is playing at the moment. Has been superb in the ruck.
The umpires did a very good job on the weekend. Far cry from the week before though. That was far from good.

Have the wheels fallen off down at the bridge Bombers?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:43 am

TW 40+
Balaklava 1-39
Virginia 1-39
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:20 pm

United 1-39
Hamley 40+
Two Wells 40+
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Bob Loblaw » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Two Wells 40+
Virginia 40+
Hamley 1-39
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:52 pm

V 40+
TW 40+
HB 40+
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby hairy cat » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:04 pm

two wells 1-10
hamley1-39
virginia1-39
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:57 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:
BOMBERS wrote:Mallala would have to be premiership favourites now? Big win over the in form Virginia. Mallala are really starting to hit some form and I'm hearing they will be getting a few guys back from injury which will make them stronger.

Have the wheels fallen off down at the bridge Bombers?

Would say yes!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby wangas#4 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Gee the umpiring today really bad some questions really need to be asked of one in particular.
wangas#4
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby footys the winner » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:48 am

wangas#4 wrote:Gee the umpiring today really bad some questions really need to be asked of one in particular.

Couldn't be worse then that will bloke. Wow.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:51 am

footys the winner wrote:
wangas#4 wrote:Gee the umpiring today really bad some questions really need to be asked of one in particular.

We had Will a couple of weeks ago and I thought he was good, along with the other younger lad with him
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:45 am

This season has got interesting, which is good to see, Hamley once clear on top now clinging with finger nails, look at it this way, Virginia/Balaklava/two wells/hamley can get max 8 points>Mallala 10 points from there games remaining, now this is impossible due to having to play each other at some stage, Although one side could do it, what will it take to finish where you want?, will the draw Mallala had be there undoing? Only the next 5 weeks will tell.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:08 pm

magpieeagle wrote:This season has got interesting, which is good to see, Hamley once clear on top now clinging with finger nails, look at it this way, Virginia/Balaklava/two wells/hamley can get max 8 points>Mallala 10 points from there games remaining, now this is impossible due to having to play each other at some stage, Although one side could do it, what will it take to finish where you want?, will the draw Mallala had be there undoing? Only the next 5 weeks will tell.

Would there have ever been a situation in a 7 team comp where teams 1 to 5 have been separated by 1 win so late in a season? Scary close atm
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:14 am

See Brian Montgomery back for Mallala reserves Saturday, a long time come back after injury
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby OnSong » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44 am

magpieeagle wrote:See Brian Montgomery back for Mallala reserves Saturday, a long time come back after injury

Good timing for the Pies.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 am

mighty hounds wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:This season has got interesting, which is good to see, Hamley once clear on top now clinging with finger nails, look at it this way, Virginia/Balaklava/two wells/hamley can get max 8 points>Mallala 10 points from there games remaining, now this is impossible due to having to play each other at some stage, Although one side could do it, what will it take to finish where you want?, will the draw Mallala had be there undoing? Only the next 5 weeks will tell.

Would there have ever been a situation in a 7 team comp where teams 1 to 5 have been separated by 1 win so late in a season? Scary close atm

I don't think there would be many competitions in this situation, no.

There will be a few mini-finals over the next few weeks, but with percentage the way it is, Balaklava look to be the most vulnerable.

You would think the Peckers have to beat at a minimum three teams out of United (H), Virginia (A), HWE (A) and Mallala (H).

Really like the billing of this weekend's HB v TW encounter. The Roosters getting some back, the Bombers desperate to recapture the form that helped them take control of the competition for half the season. Mallala could possibly go top after being sixth after round 5.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:58 am

United 1-39
Two Wells 1-39
Mallala 40+
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:04 am

OnSong wrote:There will be a few mini-finals over the next few weeks, but with percentage the way it is, Balaklava look to be the most vulnerable.

Why do you say that OnSong. You just beat the top side and appear from the outside to be flying.

Or is there news in the past 24 hours that may change this???
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:08 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
OnSong wrote:There will be a few mini-finals over the next few weeks, but with percentage the way it is, Balaklava look to be the most vulnerable.

Why do you say that OnSong. You just beat the top side and appear from the outside to be flying.

Yes, but like I said, the percentage factor means we can't afford to drop many games.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:31 am

Ace of Spades wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

We had Will a couple of weeks ago and I thought he was good, along with the other younger lad with him

It's just like a bike, there's 2 Will's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy