HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby The Crimson Chin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:30 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Lofty V Blackwood- I think lofty will give blackwood a big push but in the end the class of the woodies will be telling. Hopefully miles has recovered from his ankle injury as if they lose him there buggered but assuming hes playing they need him, nielsen, burch and new recruit childs to dominate for them to be a chance plus the young guns in clements, van paridon, etc to step up. However, Blackwood with Bricknell and thompson will be to hard to stop as lofty dont have a ruckman to go with thompson who will have a field day hitting it to bricknell and edwards which is the reason why blackwood will win but lofty will make it hard as they always do. Blackwood by 3 goals.

Thompson not a ruckman
The Crimson Chin
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby youngpace » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:16 am

Nice take on things Batman.
I think the fellas over at Barker will, along with the Dee's, be setting the pace this season. Tipping a cross town GF.
Both teams have a good mix of experience, talent and youth. They had a lot of young players whilst so strong over the last 4-5 years and I think they are about to take the mantel.
Which Pope is out for them and why? Do both Thomas and Michael play for them currently?

Footy is under way F_ _ _ Yeah! We have P. Wilson (Hammy), H. Reuther (broken wrist) out for a number of weeks. To much English grog for Pete in the last few years, it must have weakened him somewhat.
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby youngpace » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:22 am

Yellow & Black wrote:I'm happy with where the mighty Tigers are at. Just sounds like Echunga is becoming some sort of Super Club. Free subs for juniors, bottomless pit of cash, they can click their fingers and get what they want, they've got the best facilities in the hills etc etc. Will be hard to beat!!

The EFC coaching situation in the other hand seems very sensitive? This is the Echunga Appreciation Forum isn't it, surely someone can clarify....

Hope you have good hearing ;)
youngpace
Rookie

Postby thevoice » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:23 am

youngpace wrote:Nice take on things Batman.
I think the fellas over at Barker will, along with the Dee's, be setting the pace this season. Tipping a cross town GF.
Both teams have a good mix of experience, talent and youth. They had a lot of young players whilst so strong over the last 4-5 years and I think they are about to take the mantel.
Which Pope is out for them and why? Do both Thomas and Michael play for them currently?

Footy is under way F_ _ _ Yeah! We have P. Wilson (Hammy), H. Reuther (broken wrist) out for a number of weeks. To much English grog for Pete in the last few years, it must have weakened him somewhat.

Michael Pope still a bit away after his knee. But heard he's flying on the track. Younger bro will be running around Sat.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:11 am

Michael and Henry play for Barker, Thomas last played at Ironbank but unfortunately for us the last two games he has played he has done his shoulder so I dont think he will be playing again in the near future.

thevoice wrote:

Michael Pope still a bit away after his knee. But heard he's flying on the track. Younger bro will be running around Sat.

Good to hear Michael is flying along in his recovery, hes's a terrific player one of the best in the competition. One of the biggest losses for Ironbank, certainly wish we had him running around for us again.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Tanka » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:35 pm

So I have just heard that TV has gone behind the HFL and straight to the CFL to ask for extra points and have been granted 2 extra points when Tom Wachtel plays!! If true this is rubbish! Any chance you can take on the CFL Legs Man??
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times

Postby Sniper » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Tanka wrote:So I have just heard that TV has gone behind the HFL and straight to the CFL to ask for extra points and have been granted 2 extra points when Tom Wachtel plays!! If true this is rubbish! Any chance you can take on the CFL Legs Man??

Accurate statement that the CFL have awarded additional points to TV after HFL said no.
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Sniper wrote:
Tanka wrote:So I have just heard that TV has gone behind the HFL and straight to the CFL to ask for extra points and have been granted 2 extra points when Tom Wachtel plays!! If true this is rubbish! Any chance you can take on the CFL Legs Man??

Accurate statement that the CFL have awarded additional points to TV after HFL said no.

Inaccurate that they went behind the HFL. Its how all clubs are meant to do it now. That's why the HFL rejected all clubs wanting more points.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Next TV will go to the CFL to get permission to play 6 overage kids on a permit each week. This worked for them last year as well.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby jumbo20 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:24 pm

amazing really, plus not putting in team sheets at right time, rule to themselves would hope that they and another club do not get any favours done in lower grades as what has happened previously,it's obvious to all they can afford to be fined when they break basic rules.
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

Next TV will go to the CFL to get permission to play 6 overage kids on a permit each week. This worked for them last year as well.

Well - what can I say that I haven't said already.
It was hard enough just being able to defend our title in Div 1 apart from tackling this one - which I must admit bemuses me as the HFL stated that once points were allocated no changes would occur.
Seems to me though that the CFL are actually running the HFL so we might as well dissolve the current HFL board and allow the CFL to make all the decisions for our league for all aspects. (tongue in cheek)

The clubs really should stand up to this as the way it is going TV will get away with it again - and still not improve their facilities while spending more than a SANFL side on their playing stocks.

And remember they were actually the club that should have been relegated if true results were taken into account - bearing in mind the extra senior points last year allowing O'Sullivan and the 2 brothers to play - plus the overage juniors with permits meaning that they had a distinct advantage over Bridgewater and Echunga in this part of the club.

Bridgewater should have fought the uneven playing field that meant they were relegated - as TV were given another free ride as seems the standard for that club.

Should be a pleasure for the clubs travelling to TV and we should all feel humbled that they allow us to grace their hallowed turf (tongue in cheek again) :roll:
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:11 pm

What sort of player is Tom Wachtel, a key, mid??? Featured in the BP's a heap of times for Kangarilla the last 2 seasons.

Can't imagine Kangarilla would be too pleased...
Yellow & Black

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:44 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:What sort of player is Tom Wachtel, a key, mid??? Featured in the BP's a heap of times for Kangarilla the last 2 seasons.

Kangas should be livid - particularly with their current struggle for players.

BTW - Harley Montgomery actually had a handshake deal with Echunga then reneged due to numerous reasons apparently - one of which I am told was a fully paid trip to Bali with the family. Also wouldn't play unless his brother Brock played A Grade with him which I reckon will be a stretch.
He struggled to make Echunga's A grade last year and was very undisciplined - even walking off mid game on one occasion while throwing a tantrum.
If I recall correctly this was the reason he left TV last time and it all ended in tears.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:39 pm

They had 9 play in one game against us.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:51 pm

Legs Man wrote:

Well - what can I say that I haven't said already.
It was hard enough just being able to defend our title in Div 1 apart from tackling this one - which I must admit bemuses me as the HFL stated that once points were allocated no changes would occur.
Seems to me though that the CFL are actually running the HFL so we might as well dissolve the current HFL board and allow the CFL to make all the decisions for our league for all aspects. (tongue in cheek)

The HFL stated THEY wouldn't issue any extra points, if a club wanted extra points they had to apply to the CFL which is what TV did & what Echunga should do if they're not happy with their allocation. This was to take the decision off the HFL's hands & stop people complaining about a corrupt board. Pretty sure it's all leagues doing it this way but happy to be corrected.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:53 pm

Legs Man wrote:
Yellow & Black wrote:What sort of player is Tom Wachtel, a key, mid??? Featured in the BP's a heap of times for Kangarilla the last 2 seasons.

BTW - Harley Montgomery actually had a handshake deal with Echunga then reneged due to numerous reasons apparently - one of which I am told was a fully paid trip to Bali with the family. Also wouldn't play unless his brother Brock played A Grade with him which I reckon will be a stretch.
He struggled to make Echunga's A grade last year and was very undisciplined - even walking off mid game on one occasion while throwing a tantrum.
If I recall correctly this was the reason he left TV last time and it all ended in tears.

Wasn't he drafted to an AFL club a couple of years ago.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:00 pm

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

I have also heard on the grapevine that Seamus thought it was a bad move as injury free he could still push for an AFL draft spot.
Shows that money talks and only time will tell.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby youngpace » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:09 am

Legs Man wrote:
cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

I have also heard on the grapevine that Seamus thought it was a bad move as injury free he could still push for an AFL draft spot.
Shows that money talks and only time will tell.

Believe he got very close in his first available year to enter the draft, just missed out and was then battling injury (OP?) the following year. Has played through Sturts midfield in recent years. He is a class act. It will be interesting to see how he handles the tag's coming his way. There was not one successful shut down of him in his entire junior career in Red and Blue.
Last edited by youngpace on Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
youngpace
Rookie

Postby youngpace » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:10 am

Does anyone know on which basis TV applied for more points?
youngpace
Rookie

Postby Yellow & Black » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:07 am

Outstanding race card at Randwick tomorrow Legsman, trusting the big screen will be fired up streaming all the action...
Yellow & Black

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy