HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Legs Man wrote:
backdoor wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Wow - massive preliminary final coming up which could go either way
Reckon the winner will give Uraidla a real run for their money
Speaking of money - this season has seen TV undoubtedly break the record for the biggest waste of money in the history of HFL football.
And they still have the prospect coming up of terrible facilities still and possibly being unable to field the required junior grades next year
Goes to show that prioritising your spend is crucial for success moving forward.
IMO - Onkas stay and TV go back to Div 2

I hear you guys are struggling to keep your juniors too and are in real danger of not having enough players in some junior teams. Did giving free subs work.... Possibly not.

Should be OK with the 2 required junior grades in 2016
Free subs certainly helped and should have a knock on effect for next year
We even took our juniors to MELB - paid for by fundraising - so they could see a couple of AFL matches
Agree it is always a struggle for the smaller population clubs getting junior numbers and we are working hard to keep gaining more participants.
As a club we are continuing to build across all our grades while trying to keep our oval and facilities in the upper echelon of the HFL
Would be interesting to see how the visiting sides from Saturday found the oval and general facilities e.g parking, catering, bar, viewing etc
Feedback is good to receive as it gives us direction as to where we need to improve and focus our efforts

Actually my reading of the new HFL by-laws is that all Div 1 Clubs will be required to field all 3 junior teams from 2016.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Legs Man » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:22 pm

If all 3 junior sides are required it is going to put a fair bit of pressure on a number of Div 1 clubs
At least the big population clubs will get looked after again if this is the case - rather than trying to build the smaller clubs
Wonder what will happen in the future as junior participation continues to fall ?
We shouldn't be worried though as the HFL has great foresight as shown with the current finals draw and allocation of the Div 3 GF ground
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby RAMS » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Legs Man wrote:If all 3 junior sides are required it is going to put a fair bit of pressure on a number of Div 1 clubs
At least the big population clubs will get looked after again if this is the case - rather than trying to build the smaller clubs
Wonder what will happen in the future as junior participation continues to fall ?
We shouldn't be worried though as the HFL has great foresight as shown with the current finals draw and allocation of the Div 3 GF ground

You should stop blaming the HFL all the time. Yes they have made plenty of mistakes but it's us Clubs that have the final say, and the majority of Division 1 Clubs voted on a requirement to have all 5 teams to compete in Division 1.
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby sideview » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Legsman I cannot believe you have the front to continue talking absolute crap re other clubs financial situations. Your coach DELETED and you have the audacity to speak about other clubs like you know something about their financial situation. You have no idea what other clubs spend. Your club offered via your coach a current HFL player $25K sign on plus 2$k per game. Lucky that did not happen for tax payers.
Obviously you are a disgruntled sacked coach who has nothing better to do than pick on other clubs and the HFL board.
I cannot believe your committee puts up with your shit .You are a disgrace to the Echunga Football Club.
Just out of interest how much do you pay Peter Lindsay or is that another tax payer funded recruit?

Yes I Know its just your opinion. However it reflects on your whole club.
sideview
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby Legs Man » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:59 pm

RAMS wrote:
Legs Man wrote:If all 3 junior sides are required it is going to put a fair bit of pressure on a number of Div 1 clubs

You should stop blaming the HFL all the time. Yes they have made plenty of mistakes but it's us Clubs that have the final say, and the majority of Division 1 Clubs voted on a requirement to have all 5 teams to compete in Division 1.

Yeah fair call RAMS - just lost total faith in the way the league is going and the recent decisions over the last few years have really soured my opinion
When the decisions are made by the clubs there does seem to be a follow the leader mentality though
I will try and be more even handed in my opinions and how I voice them here moving forward
Damn hard to not be jaded in my opinions considering recent history and how it has made hills footy laughable in the eyes of outsiders looking in
It really starts getting to you when someone asks why you are having a week off like Echunga is and then you try and explain it and how Uraidla is only playing twice in 5 weeks going into a GF - and the reply is - oh yeah it's the HFL and you guys are pretty dumb up there and make ridiculous decisions
Very hard to defend the indefensible
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Legs Man » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:17 pm

sideview wrote:Legsman I cannot believe you have the front to continue talking absolute crap re other clubs financial situations. Your DELETED and you have the audacity to speak about other clubs like you know something about their financial situation. You have know F ing idea what other clubs spend. Your club offered via your coach a current HFL player $25K sign on plus 2$k per game. Lucky that did not happen for tax payers.
Obviously you are a disgruntled sacked coach who has nothing better to do than pick on other clubs and the HFL board.
I cannot believe your committee puts up with your shit .You are a disgrace to the Echunga Football Club.
Just out of interest how much do you pay Peter Lindsay or is that another tax payer funded recruit?

Yes I Know its just your opinion. However it reflects on your whole club.

You obviously know more than I do Sideview regarding what clubs spend and offer - which I reckon is also incorrect
I Certainly don't know what other clubs spend nor what ours does and am simply making comments on a forum which allows football banter
One thing I don't do though is make statements regarding legal situations as that can result in being sued as I am sure you are aware
Fully understand I ruffle some feathers and occasionally throw out the bait to get a response which you have duly provided
As a suggestion from me to you - don't take it too seriously

And to ensure you are happy as I truly care about your thoughts and opinion Sidey - I will refrain from comment again for an undisclosed period of time

Plus - just because I support a club and make comment on here should in no way be a reflection on the club
Any club is bigger than the individual I believe and my personal opinion and comments are simply that
Last edited by Legs Man on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
backdoor wrote:I hear you guys are struggling to keep your juniors too and are in real danger of not having enough players in some junior teams. Did giving free subs work.... Possibly not.

Should be OK with the 2 required junior grades in 2016
Free subs certainly helped and should have a knock on effect for next year
We even took our juniors to MELB - paid for by fundraising - so they could see a couple of AFL matches
Agree it is always a struggle for the smaller population clubs getting junior numbers and we are working hard to keep gaining more participants.
As a club we are continuing to build across all our grades while trying to keep our oval and facilities in the upper echelon of the HFL
Would be interesting to see how the visiting sides from Saturday found the oval and general facilities e.g parking, catering, bar, viewing etc
Feedback is good to receive as it gives us direction as to where we need to improve and focus our efforts

Actually my reading of the new HFL by-laws is that all Div 1 Clubs will be required to field all 3 junior teams from 2016.

Doesn't come into effect til the 2017 season.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:02 am

so what did we all think of the prelim result.
Hahndorf once again played some excellent football, and torrens valley fought hard but were a little undermanned.

who wins the prelim??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:06 am

Is it 1 win each during minor round. Fantastic turnaround from last year for Hahndorf, could they do the ultimate dream of wooden spoon to premiers in one year.
cracka
Veteran

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:07 pm

yes it is one win each from the minor round.

will Echunga be able to bring Harland and Lindsay back into their team??
pretty important players I reckon.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:10 pm

lovethefooty wrote:yes it is one win each from the minor round.

will Echunga be able to bring Harland and Lindsay back into their team??
pretty important players I reckon.

Harland comes in for sure, don't know about Lindsay.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:32 pm

good stuff corona man.
is your source reliable???(or can he not be named)
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:37 pm

I spoke with him at the footy on Saturday, although he had had a few froths!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:14 pm

I sometimes think I could still play after a few frothies!
should be a cracking game either way.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby magpiemaster » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Very proud Handorf supporter here. Great to see the guys back up where they belong. Looking forward to a great game. I think it will be close. I must say I’m a little surprised Echunga didn’t beat Uri’s the other week but I believe the team that wins this week wins the flag.

I look forward to seeing a fired up Magpies side and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Echunga lads employed similar tactics to that of last yrs grand final and really get after a few of our boys. Last yr one particular player took it too far with a cowardly act but I think a more controlled version of that may be coming at Darcy and Dan Roberts. So hopefully we can keep our heads and get control early. Haven’t heard much about Harland and if he will get up with his sore ribs or if Lindsay’s hamstring has recovered, but clearly they are 2 keys to the Echunga side and hopefully we work them over.

Prediction – Magpies by 2 goals. Darc to kick 6. Purling best on stitching up Carey. Male and Witter to run Echunga ragged.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby lovethefooty » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:05 pm

I hope you are right about the result magpie.
I tend to agree it will be close, but I am not sure any team will rough anyone else up.
both teams will be hungry to win and see a real opportunity.

I have a feeling it will be the team that settles quickest and takes its chances.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Keefy » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:19 am

Eddie Hocking announced as Senior Coach for Ironbank
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby cracka » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:57 pm

Any results from today. Sportingpulse has Hahndorf winning today but the GF next week between Uraidla & Echunga.
cracka
Veteran

Postby saintal » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:17 pm

Hahndorf won
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Sniper » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Echunga were off target in the 1st qtr with a slight breeze. Hahndorf blew the game away in the 2nd kicking 8-4 to 2-2 via a dominant midfield display. 5 gl lead to Hahndorf at 3/4 time looked good enough and when extended to 6 gls it looked game over .... Echunga kicked a couple quick goals and they lifted their heads for a late charge to close into 11 pts. With a minute to go, the damage had been done with a goal kicked after the siren by the pies to finish 17 pt winners.

While the Hahndorf midfield were dominant, the forward combination of Hourigan and Hankin was very damaging on the scoreboard for the second final in a row.

Next week Uraidla v Hahndorf at the Balhannah Oval.
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy