HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Redfern07 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:23 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
cracka wrote:
rock wrote:Is it true the HFL President Craig Stratfold has resigned as a result of these corrupt board members?

Does he have any connections to Ironbank. Was just on their Facebook page & it looks like quite a few people from Ironbank FC were tagging him in the comments.

Dont believe so mate. Think hes an old blackwood boy.

And perhaps just a Community Service Announcement, with the annual resignation of another HFL President, a timely reminder to change the batteries in your smoke alarms.
Redfern07
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Armytank » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:40 am

batmanbegins wrote:
cracka wrote:
rock wrote:Is it true the HFL President Craig Stratfold has resigned as a result of these corrupt board members?

Does he have any connections to Ironbank. Was just on their Facebook page & it looks like quite a few people from Ironbank FC were tagging him in the comments.

Dont believe so mate. Think hes an old blackwood boy.

Chook played a season or two for Ironbank back in the late 80's/early 90's but has not been involved with the club since then.

Chook was President of Blackwood Football Club before taking on the HFL job.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:39 am

A few things happening at Roo Park. Blocky has resigned as coach, they have had a bad run with injuries which didn't help his cause. And it sounds like Big Mal will be relocating his office across the road.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:39 am

Had a look at Goat park the other day. The teams playing Sunday will need to have their long stops in. Will be fun for the girls Saturday arvo playing mud wrestling :roll:
Last edited by Grumpy Old B on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy Old B

Postby overthehill » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:46 pm

GOB, the league could certainly do a whole lot worse than having Willy in the top job. He won't take any sh!t. Who will be the club in the next few years that attempts to destroy the league with there own agendas? Seems to be a modern trend these days
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby TheBull » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:33 am

Grumpy Old B wrote:Had a look at Goat park the other day. The teams playing Sunday will need to have their long stops in. Will be fun for the girls Saturday arvo playing mud wrestling :roll:

A final at that oval on Sunday is a disgrace. You think after all these years Lofty would actually fix that bog up. Most other ovals holding up well. I'd love to see how bad it would get if lofty actually had any teams still training on it.
TheBull
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby cracka » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Has a decision been made on whether the league is overturning the result from Onkas v Ironbank B grade due to the permit drama.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Chooky78 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:19 pm

cracka wrote:Has a decision been made on whether the league is overturning the result from Onkas v Ironbank B grade due to the permit drama.

Game will stand as onkas win. On ironbank facebook page
Chooky78
Mini-League

Postby saintal » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:20 pm

TV thumped Uraidla today.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:19 am

And now there's 3 teams left. Blackwood had there chances for 3 quarters but you always felt Hahndorf would take over, and that's what they did in the last qtr. I thought Uraidla would go close to getting over TV but how wrong was I?! Big prelim and I'm picking TV to avenge the loss in the Q Final.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:46 am

Good summary, and I agree Wazz. It always looked like Hahndorf only needed to click into gear to take control.
Blackwood played very well though!!

The Torrens Valley Uraidla result was a surprise to me too. Torrens Valley must have ran all over them from the start!!
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:28 am

Take nothing away from Blackwood, yes they did play well. They held Hahndorf up and played their slingshot game, but Im not sure if their game style will win a premiership - there were a lot of similarities between Blackwoods game against Torrens Valley the week before and Hahndorfs. Blackwood right in it for 3 quarters but were very luckly to come away with the win against Torrens Valley, that last quarter against them was all TV, but TV couldnt capitlise on their forward entries and they lost. The same happened on Saturday but Hahndorf capitilsed and won. Blackwood are just falling short.. fix that and they are right in the mix. But not convinced they can get over TV nor Hahndorf if they do happen to make it. But I have been wrong before!

No more oval changes for the Prelim and GF I hope..!!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: HFL Division 1 (Cüentral)

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Well can Blackwood regroup after having the best of the boxheads for 3 quarters. I think they will even though TV had a relatively easy game all be it in heavy conditions. It may come down to the strategies set by the coaches and TV has the advantage here with there 2 on the side lines. It has been interesting to watch over the last 2 weeks to actually see who is in charge. Have a look this week and see who is pulling the strings, most times the TV runner reports to him. Anyway The Woods by 4 G's
Grumpy Old B

Postby footytragic001971 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 am

Some interesting observations Grumpy.
I am not sure it was as black and white as that saying Blackwood had the better of three quarters.
I got the sense that Hahndorf were always working their way into the game, and it was only a matter of time before
they got on top. Maybe I'm wrong.

I would have thought TV are lucky to have two coaches with such experience working together??
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:58 am

So who wins tomorrow.
Not sure what the weather will mean, but based on last weeks results it looks like the heavier conditions suit Torrens Valley.
I will tip TV by a couple goals in a bit of a slog.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby mirror#3 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:08 am

Jaensch to play his last game for Hahndorf in the GF - Will be recruited by Geelong!
mirror#3
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:16 am

mirror#3 wrote:Jaensch to play his last game for Hahndorf in the GF - Will be recruited by Geelong!

Geelong aren't that stupid are they?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby mirror#3 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:36 am

heater31 wrote:
mirror#3 wrote:Jaensch to play his last game for Hahndorf in the GF - Will be recruited by Geelong!

Geelong aren't that stupid are they?

Only time will tell...
mirror#3
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby rock » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Gee it would be nice to have the HFL on your side so you could cheat your way into a Grand Final. Onkas must feel so proud having their B grade in a GF, I guess you'll never know if you could've made it without cheating. I feel for that Onkas lad who missed out on playing finals this year, do yourself a favour and go elsewhere son.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby overthehill » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:21 am

C'mon Rock might be time to let it go. I don't see how blaming Onkas makes you feel any better about the situation?
If you believe 1 permit takes a side from 5th to playing in a GF then you don't understand football.
That goes for if your name is Cam Ellis-Yeoman also
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy