Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:26 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:The APFL Procedure Manual includes "APFL Prescribed Penalties" this year.

The prescribed "base sanction" for an incident that is intentional, severe impact, high contact is 5+ matches. A punch in the face behind the play that results in a broken jaw and lost teeth ticks all these boxes.

This case will be an acid test for the APFL Tribunal Panel.

In the ammos a punch breaking a jaw would get around the 12 week mark. If you had no history and pleaded guilty then you might expect to get slightly under the 12 to avoid the life ban but it would be touch and go. Is the situation that much different in the country?

This brings back memories @The Big Shrek.............

I just read in the Advertiser who this is. Interesting move getting on the front foot with the media.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 367 times

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:20 am

The Big Shrek wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:The APFL Procedure Manual includes "APFL Prescribed Penalties" this year.

The prescribed "base sanction" for an incident that is intentional, severe impact, high contact is 5+ matches. A punch in the face behind the play that results in a broken jaw and lost teeth ticks all these boxes.

In the ammos a punch breaking a jaw would get around the 12 week mark. If you had no history and pleaded guilty then you might expect to get slightly under the 12 to avoid the life ban but it would be touch and go. Is the situation that much different in the country?

I just read in the Advertiser who this is. Interesting move getting on the front foot with the media.

Def a interesting read, just read it on the Adelaide Now App,
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:52 am

magpieeagle wrote:Def a interesting read, just read it on the Adelaide Now App,

Are you able to post it?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Are you able to post it?

Amateur footballer Dylan Jessen fears his season could be over after a careless striking incident he says he deserves to be punished for – just not his reputation as a former bikie.

Jessen was reported by Hamley Bridge Football Club on Saturday for allegedly striking player Leon Raether during the first quarter of their A-Grade game at Hamley Bridge Oval.

Jessen, who reformed eight years ago and quit the Finks Motorcycle club for his fiancee and children, said he is disappointed by the “slip up” as he continues work to escape the image of his past.

“I wish I could take it back,” the 30-year-old said.

“It was a silly mistake. I should have been more careful but it was just a reaction. As my arm got ripped back I turned around and made accidental contact.

“I feel bad that I’ve hurt the bloke, I’m not a monster.

“People just have a picture of you in their head. But it is footy, stuff like this happens every week. (Suspension) is justified because someone has been hurt.”

The official report filed by the Bombers claims the incident occurred when both players were moving back towards the centre of the ground.

“As Raether attempted to move past Jessen, Jessen struck Raether with enough force to dislodge his mouthguard some distance and leave him on the ground with a bleeding mouth,” it reads.

Raether was taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital and treated for a fractured jaw.

Virginia (16.14-110) defeated Hamley (9.12-66). HBFC declined to comment.

The incident is the first of its kind for Jessen after he joined Virginia Football Club in the Adelaide Plains Footy League last year.

Jessen has been playing centre half back this years. Picture: Brenton Edwards.

Coach Denis Eaton would not comment on the altercation but said Jessen is “good footballer” and a “family man” to two children who was often misunderstood.

Jessen understands a price must be paid for being part of a motorcycle club, but said he is tired of being seen as nothing more than a “thug” and “filthy animal”.

“It all comes from a reputation that was eight years ago,” he said.

“I work hard, look after my family and play footy. Judge me on what I’ve done (in the game), not something from eight years ago now.

“I’m out there doing a sport I love and that I grew up doing and finally back to the person I was. I’m not sitting here saying I’m a saint and I’m not going to cry wolf. I made a mistake, I’ll go to the tribunal, no doubt I’ll get games and fair enough.”

Jessen is expected to face the tribunal on Wednesday night.

In 2013 he left the Finks before serving a three-year jail term.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby happyhawk » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:46 am

Sounds like the incident soured what was a good game. I spoke with several mates that were there and they said Hamley have improved dramatically in all areas on and off field this year. Apparently the crowd was up and the footy in both grades(A and B grade) was of a very good standard. If this was the case it is a real positive for the association to have a competitive Hamley Bridge again. From what I heard the Rankine brothers were the difference early, however Hamley got their game going in the second half and looked really good. Will be keeping a close eye on the results each week as a lot of good mates are back at the club either playing or supporting. Great to hear and see.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:57 am

happyhawk wrote:Sounds like the incident soured what was a good game. I spoke with several mates that were there and they said Hamley have improved dramatically in all areas on and off field this year. Apparently the crowd was up and the footy in both grades(A and B grade) was of a very good standard. If this was the case it is a real positive for the association to have a competitive Hamley Bridge again. From what I heard the Rankine brothers were the difference early, however Hamley got their game going in the second half and looked really good. Will be keeping a close eye on the results each week as a lot of good mates are back at the club either playing or supporting. Great to hear and see.

Hamley outscored Virginia in the 2nd half after giving them a 9 goal head start.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:42 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Are you able to post it?

Amateur footballer Dylan Jessen fears his season could be over after a careless striking incident he says he deserves to be punished for – just not his reputation as a former bikie.

Jessen was reported by Hamley Bridge Football Club on Saturday for allegedly striking player Leon Raether during the first quarter of their A-Grade game at Hamley Bridge Oval.

Jessen, who reformed eight years ago and quit the Finks Motorcycle club for his fiancee and children, said he is disappointed by the “slip up” as he continues work to escape the image of his past.

“I wish I could take it back,” the 30-year-old said.

“It was a silly mistake. I should have been more careful but it was just a reaction. As my arm got ripped back I turned around and made accidental contact.

“I feel bad that I’ve hurt the bloke, I’m not a monster.

“People just have a picture of you in their head. But it is footy, stuff like this happens every week. (Suspension) is justified because someone has been hurt.”

The official report filed by the Bombers claims the incident occurred when both players were moving back towards the centre of the ground.

“As Raether attempted to move past Jessen, Jessen struck Raether with enough force to dislodge his mouthguard some distance and leave him on the ground with a bleeding mouth,” it reads.

Raether was taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital and treated for a fractured jaw.

Virginia (16.14-110) defeated Hamley (9.12-66). HBFC declined to comment.

The incident is the first of its kind for Jessen after he joined Virginia Football Club in the Adelaide Plains Footy League last year.

Jessen has been playing centre half back this years. Picture: Brenton Edwards.

Coach Denis Eaton would not comment on the altercation but said Jessen is “good footballer” and a “family man” to two children who was often misunderstood.

Jessen understands a price must be paid for being part of a motorcycle club, but said he is tired of being seen as nothing more than a “thug” and “filthy animal”.

“It all comes from a reputation that was eight years ago,” he said.

“I work hard, look after my family and play footy. Judge me on what I’ve done (in the game), not something from eight years ago now.

“I’m out there doing a sport I love and that I grew up doing and finally back to the person I was. I’m not sitting here saying I’m a saint and I’m not going to cry wolf. I made a mistake, I’ll go to the tribunal, no doubt I’ll get games and fair enough.”

Jessen is expected to face the tribunal on Wednesday night.

In 2013 he left the Finks before serving a three-year jail term.

Pleading Guilty (not going to help)
High
Intentional
Severe
12 as a minimum you would think
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Dirty dog » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Looking forward to heading up to Bute this Saturday. Been a long time now since a back and yellow team played there for points.
I don’t see Bute doing much damage against the top sides, they will be competitive for 2 quarters, drop away in the 3rd and get run over in the last.
Hearing a lot of other YP clubs supporters, members,players etc going also so should be a good crowd and atmosphere.
Anyways there will be football back on on the YP and I will be up there having a few beers watching it all unfold and looking forward to it.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:01 pm

Dirty dog wrote:Looking forward to heading up to Bute this Saturday. Been a long time now since a back and yellow team played there for points.
I don’t see Bute doing much damage against the top sides, they will be competitive for 2 quarters, drop away in the 3rd and get run over in the last.
Hearing a lot of other YP clubs supporters, members,players etc going also so should be a good crowd and atmosphere.
Anyways there will be football back on on the YP and I will be up there having a few beers watching it all unfold and looking forward to it.

I'll head up for a look too.
Have heard it's the best oval on the yp so will soon find out.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:18 am

Dylan Jessen making national headlines front page of news.com.au:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-li ... aa8b24f9c4

He got kicked out of Salisbury North FC for doing the same thing to an opposition player a few years ago.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby David Brent » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:56 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:Looking forward to heading up to Bute this Saturday. Been a long time now since a back and yellow team played there for points.

I'll head up for a look too.
Have heard it's the best oval on the yp so will soon find out.

I wouldn't get your hopes up to high for Bute's oval ;)
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Dirty dog » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm

I wouldn't get your hopes up to high for Bute's oval ;)[/quote]
Nothing wrong with Bute oval. The deck is very good, away change rooms are old but big and have had the showers done up last year(no more cold David Gowers) and the club house is also very good. I’d give it 7/10 and as good as any other on YP.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby OnSong » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:51 pm

Hearing 6 down to 5 due to early plea for Jessen.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:54 pm

5 weeks for breaking a guys jaw behind the play

That is a joke
I will be back on September 27
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 1456 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby GIDDY UP! » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:05 pm

OnSong wrote:Hearing 6 down to 5 due to early plea for Jessen.

This is a joke right?
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby NothingDoing » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Good to see a strong stance on 30 year old blokes belting 18 year old kids off the ball.

Must have been classed unintentional?
NothingDoing
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby happyhawk » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:23 pm

So first game back against Hamley in round 8. The tribunal/association must be geniuses
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:35 pm

If that's correct then the league need to appeal that to the sanfl tribunal that's way too leniant.
If he does it again when he returns the league will most certainly and should be sued by whichever player he hits.

Prescribed penalty for striking is 3 weeks, that's without causing any damage to the player.
5 or 6 can't be correct.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:21 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:

6 weeks - with a discount of 1 for guilty plea :shock:
Interesting standard they are looking to set :roll:
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby Pandawatch » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:32 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:

6 weeks - with a discount of 1 for guilty plea :shock:
Interesting standard they are looking to set :roll:

Clearly no one was at the game to see the incident in question or the video footage? If it had been any other person they would be lucky to get two weeks. Or fair to say if it was anyone from Mallala it wouldn't of even made it to the tribunal.

I forgot Panagiotou is looking fit...
Pandawatch
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy