Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:08 pm

one day I will wrote:Do u know wat barossa team?

The Barossa is a BIG area.........
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby countryfootyfan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:14 am

hotspur wrote:Think O'Donohue will play in Barossa when not playing for Crows. Also think another important player - as well as Jolly - heading to same Barossa team.

Both good mates with Ex- CMS now Kapunda local Wes Farley. Kapunda would be my guess, they have been trying to get Jolly for years!!!
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:14 pm

3 haves signed with Kapunda. 2 current crows and 1 ex crow. Jolly may be next.
Ardrossan finally spending some of their big cash pile and spending plenty. More money leaving the peninsula but clubs dont have much choice . Be good for the competition if the roos are competitive!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby On The Chest » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:22 am

Dogs Breakfast wrote:3 haves signed with Kapunda. 2 current crows and 1 ex crow. Jolly may be next.
Ardrossan finally spending some of their big cash pile and spending plenty. More money leaving the peninsula but clubs dont have much choice . Be good for the competition if the roos are competitive!

Talking to a mate who attended the Roos AGM, they spent a heap of cash last season for no wins. 2015 sees a new coach, 2 new signings and possibly another one or two to come in the next few weeks and they might get back on track. I believe a couple of their paid players from last year will be taking a pay cut so they can afford the new ones.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby countryfootyfan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:28 pm

On The Chest wrote:
Dogs Breakfast wrote:3 haves signed with Kapunda. 2 current crows and 1 ex crow. Jolly may be next.

Talking to a mate who attended the Roos AGM, they spent a heap of cash last season for no wins. 2015 sees a new coach, 2 new signings and possibly another one or two to come in the next few weeks and they might get back on track. I believe a couple of their paid players from last year will be taking a pay cut so they can afford the new ones.

Who's the 2 signings OTC? Heard they were from west Adelaide, one possibly was on an AFL list? But unsure of names!!
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Postby On The Chest » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:49 pm

countryfootyfan wrote:
On The Chest wrote:

Who's the 2 signings OTC? Heard they were from west Adelaide, one possibly was on an AFL list? But unsure of names!!

No names have been given, but from what I hear, 2 that that were at Westies that may have played at Blackwood in Hills League last season. I'm also hearing that one they are after when he returns from holidays has played a couple games with AFL Hawks. Reckon I saw names on Central Hills League mentioned. How are Cougars shaping up this year CFF? New clubrooms, new coach, stories of players leaving?
On The Chest
Under 16s

Postby countryfootyfan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Ashby, Varcoe gone.

From what i hear, coaching decision has apparently divided the club a bit. Some players and commitee members wanted a change at the top, others wanted to continue the work of rebuilding that Justin mcCormack had started. 2015 will decide whether the right choice has been made.

Not sure of any new recruits. Believe R.Keen returns after missing last year through a work injury?? Trying to get some locals back to playing again also. Other than that, I've not heard a lot!
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:29 am

Mass exodus of quality players leaving CMS. Will really bring them back to the pack!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby On The Chest » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:20 am

countryfootyfan wrote:Ashby, Varcoe gone.

From what i hear, coaching decision has apparently divided the club a bit. Some players and commitee members wanted a change at the top, others wanted to continue the work of rebuilding that Justin mcCormack had started. 2015 will decide whether the right choice has been made.

Not sure of any new recruits. Believe R.Keen returns after missing last year through a work injury?? Trying to get some locals back to playing again also. Other than that, I've not heard a lot!

I did hear the same about the coaching appointment. Time will tell I guess. As always at this time of year, plenty of rumours around. Most not correct but I got told that Jamie Kemp maybe at the cougars in 2015 as he is not coaching the crows. Any news on that one CFF. Kadina still interviewing people for coaching jobs. Former Ardrossan coach (Millar) in the mix there. They must be struggling then.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Postby one day I will » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:56 am

Whats everyones thoughts on the new salary cap rule that may be coming in?
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby norm11 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Any truth to the rumour that jake fergus has left bute?? Joining broadview
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby one day I will » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:24 pm

It aint no rumour norm11.
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby one day I will » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Jack fergus has committed to Broadview in 2015. Did hear a Rumour that the cougars were chasing him.
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Think he heard Cougars are in disarray. New club looks great but the appointment of the coach has divided the natives at the mountain!
Whats the latest from CMS.....? More players leaving?
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Kadina lose close to 100k a few weeks ago?
Would any players be staying there if thats infact true
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1669 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby On The Chest » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:33 am

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Think he heard Cougars are in disarray. New club looks great but the appointment of the coach has divided the natives at the mountain!

Not sure about Cougars in disarray. There are a few divided opinions about the coaching appointment, but lets remember, it's November. Farmers out harvesting, cricket season on, summer holidays approaching. Come time for preseason I guess we will see what the end result will be about numbers leaving.

As for the Crows, I was told on Friday that apparently 14 are leaving. I have only heard of a few and that is not confirmed.
Ardrossan are having a social day next Sunday and apparently have signed up the players they wanted. Gone to their points limit. Was confirmed that Parish has signed at Ardrossan but have heard these stories in November many times before.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Postby On The Chest » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:45 am

daysofourlives wrote:Kadina lose close to 100k a few weeks ago?
Would any players be staying there if thats infact true

That's a huge amount of money to lose. The result of a failed Big Gig concert on the Oct long weekend. I hadn't heard a $ figure. I haven't heard of any players leaving as yet. Maybe a couple. Think their priority is to get a coach and get a good one to replace Clarke who has been appointed at Balak.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Postby test » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:07 am

On The Chest wrote:
Dogs Breakfast wrote:Think he heard Cougars are in disarray. New club looks great but the appointment of the coach has divided the natives at the mountain!

Not sure about Cougars in disarray. There are a few divided opinions about the coaching appointment, but lets remember, it's November. Farmers out harvesting, cricket season on, summer holidays approaching. Come time for preseason I guess we will see what the end result will be about numbers leaving.

As for the Crows, I was told on Friday that apparently 14 are leaving. I have only heard of a few and that is not confirmed.
Ardrossan are having a social day next Sunday and apparently have signed up the players they wanted. Gone to their points limit. Was confirmed that Parish has signed at Ardrossan but have heard these stories in November many times before.

As of Friday CMS have definately lost 11
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby one day I will » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:39 am

The 2 best teams over the past 5 years are having a meltdown!! Hopefully the ladder flips upside down for 2015 season.
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:14 am

one day I will wrote:The 2 best teams over the past 5 years are having a meltdown!! Hopefully the ladder flips upside down for 2015 season.

All part of the cycle that most country clubs go through at some point. CMS have had a great era, now its time for them to come back to the pack. Unfortunately the standard in the YPFL will likely suffer as a result, unless of course other teams like Bute and Ardrossan pull their finger out.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy