Karoonda 2009

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Karoonda 2009

Postby oncewasaplaya » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:23 pm

MR JUICY wrote:Smelty is getting his local lads (metro adelaide that is) to train with a club in town and I know their coach is planning on trying to get them all signed by June 30th and leave Smelty with no or minimum recruits. Evidently I hear Muffy Kartinyeri has made a decision to have a kick with Exelby at Marion - signed sealed delivered. He will add plenty to the prospects of the Rams in 09.

this may be an alright scenario, but dont know how much training/playing will be done with the bar and T.A.B just upstairs! i dont think ex will like it if he has to be on the park and cant join in the fun!
oncewasaplaya

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby pigskin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Lets get this straight then!!!!!!!! Is Muffy signed with Tailem, Marion or Karoonda???? All 3 seem to think they have got him. Plus do Karoonda have Greatzy or not
pigskin
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Postby 2 Old 2 Slow » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:03 am

pigskin wrote:Lets get this straight then!!!!!!!! Is Muffy signed with Tailem, Marion or Karoonda???? All 3 seem to think they have got him. Plus do Karoonda have Greatzy or not

Yeah great call piggy! Perhaps the coaches in question should all get together & see which rounds they have him available for... at this stage he looks to have a permit to move freely between 3 leagues for the year.

In saying that, My Juicy is well known for blabbing utter crap on here well & truly before the deals are done, would throw this into that category for sure! Tailem would be my bet if anything, but who knows!!!

As for Graetzy, hopeful to keep him staying put with Ironbank, both Howes & Wendelborn re-signed, so that is a positive!
2 Old 2 Slow
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby oncewasaplaya » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:10 pm

3 wilde boys confirmed at karoonda 09 can play by all reports
oncewasaplaya

Postby dragonsphere » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:49 am

I have heard that Karoonda next year will have less than 5 local players in th A grade.

Brodie Chinner, Corey Knight, Reece Boughen and Andrew Smithson will probably not play at Karoonda.

Chinner not playing at all apparantly. Knight and Boughen most likely in Adelaide somewhere and Smithson to play at Mannum with mates the Thiele brothers and his sisters boyfriend Ben Quinn.
dragonsphere
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Border Downs-Tintinara

Postby Pag » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:44 pm

dragonsphere wrote:From what i have heard, Chinner will not play any footy next year and knight is only a maybe at Karoonda.
Why is Knight only a maybe? I'm assuming we're talking about Corey? Close to the best junior I ever played with or against.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby dragonsphere » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:47 pm

moving to adleaide and i dont think he is too keen on the travel
dragonsphere
Under 18s

Postby Pag » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:49 pm

Know what area of Adelaide dragonsphere, or if he still wants to play in the city?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby dragonsphere » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 pm

not too sure what knights plans are yet
dragonsphere
Under 18s

Postby oncewasaplaya » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:28 pm

dragonsphere wrote:I have heard that Karoonda next year will have less than 5 local players in th A grade

it looks like smelty has recruited well this year, knowing the big man he is about winning and all players are treated as equal under smelt therefore will play his best side... whether that be recruited or local.as for players leaving... it beats me why the boys who have done the hard yards last year wouldnt want to be a part of what could be a successful year this year?? understand if people are re-locating but going to another club because of recruits??
oncewasaplaya

Postby GWW » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Is it a matter of locals, who were previously being paid, not getting anything, and all the money going to the outside recruits?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Gator-Aid » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:41 am

oncewasaplaya wrote:
dragonsphere wrote:I have heard that Karoonda next year will have less than 5 local players in th A grade

it looks like smelty has recruited well this year, knowing the big man he is about winning and all players are treated as equal under smelt therefore will play his best side... whether that be recruited or local.as for players leaving... it beats me why the boys who have done the hard yards last year wouldnt want to be a part of what could be a successful year this year?? understand if people are re-locating but going to another club because of recruits??

As stated by GWW, clubs need to be smart enough in this area to realise that when the 'recruits/money' has all gone, locals who have been the backbone of the place but get shat on to bring in recruits, have every right to feel hard done by. If you want to expose a club to extinction, especially one that's on thin ice numbers wise, do as Karoonda are doing this year.
I hope it doesn't come back and bite them on the centre circle, too many people have worked too hard for that to happen but it's on the cards, seen it all before.
Now that is just plain dumb, don't you think?
Gator-Aid
Rookie

Postby bigbadkenny » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:59 pm

hey gww u should know how hard it is to get good footy players to come and have a kick and a catch in a small town like karoonda and every club has to go and get recruits there woudnt be a club in country footy that doesnt and i heard there are players ringing the coach for a kick lol lol lol
bigbadkenny
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Mannum

Postby GWW » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:14 pm

bigbadkenny wrote:hey gww u should know how hard it is to get good footy players to come and have a kick and a catch in a small town like karoonda and every club has to go and get recruits there woudnt be a club in country footy that doesnt and i heard there are players ringing the coach for a kick lol lol lol

I posed the question mate, i didn't make any definitive statement. If there is only 5 locals hanging around (and others moving on) then there appears to be a problem somewhere. Hopefully for Karoonda's long term future they'll sort it out.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:52 am

GWW - the problem is population size. And if the locals still around want a club to play for they'll have to accept outsiders coming in.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby dragonsphere » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:52 am

Ofcourse the club needs outsiders to come in to survive.

I think it is more about how the outsiders are treated compared to the locals.
dragonsphere
Under 18s

Postby JS SPORTS » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:57 am

dragonsphere wrote:Ofcourse the club needs outsiders to come in to survive.

I think it is more about how the outsiders are treated compared to the locals.

This is why clubs should recruit players that will commit for more than 1 season. Locals will understand if it's explained honestly the reasoning behind bringing in recruits. They also feel more comfortable knowing that these guys are not just "hit & run" moneygrabbers if they have made that long term commitment.
It's not an easy task but it is possible, you have more hope of keeping the locals happy if you can do it this way.
JS Sports is committed to deliver the highest level of quality products and services and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved
JS SPORTS
SAFooty.net approved advertiser

Location: 98 Rundle Rd Salisbury South, directly opposite the hangars at Parafield airport

Postby skeletal system » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:26 pm

That is where the club and the coach have to do there homework and recruit the right people to the club.

I think you will find that if the players hang around and do the right thing that the locals want give two hoots how much they are getting paid.

They have to want to get involved with the club and the people in it on a regular basis and not one weekend in 4 or longer.
skeletal system
Rookie

Postby Gooch112 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:04 pm

So my question is then, how long are these recruits planning on sticking around?
1 maybe 2 seasons?
Who knows?!
All i know is that the recruits that have been asked to play are quality players who will bring the most out of anyone who play around them, everyone should be treated equal and get the same opportunities as the next bloke in line.
Gooch112
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby cantplayforcash » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:05 pm

wat you all dont understand is the money being paid to the recruits isnt as much as you guys are making it out to be, nearly all the recruits will be from adelaide so when petrol is taken out of the money every week, the recruits arent left with too much. And another thing Smelty has done his homework and the new players coming into the club are going there because of smelty not because of money, so there are no 'hit and run' players going to Karoonda at all, Smelty played with nearly all the recruits last year and he knows wat they are all about. As for only 5 locals staying thats bullshit, its more like 5 locals are leaving
cantplayforcash
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy