Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Disappointing, that's my go to
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby iliveupnorth » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:39 pm

A few good games this weekend. The weather should clear up and the grounds should be good underfoot and not so dry after some good rains.

BSR Vs Saints @Spalding
RSMU Vs Norf Clare @Riverton

I reckon both home teams should get the jobs done this round, but expecting some good footy.

on paper and past results, South Vs BBH should be a good game too, provided BBH get off to a good start I think they might sneak home in this one

MinMan should have a % booster at Blyth.
iliveupnorth
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Arry Gablett » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 pm

Saints will have their best team of the year on the park this week
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby Arry Gablett » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:35 pm

BSR player had the ball after the siren from 50
Scoreboard had BSR up by a point
Didn’t take the shot
Scoreboard wrong
Game a draw

Fitting result
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:BSR player had the ball after the siren from 50
Scoreboard had BSR up by a point
Didn’t take the shot
Scoreboard wrong
Game a draw

Fitting result

Yeah we all love kids doing the scoreboard but the ones up there today were all over the place, arguably BSR cost themselves the points because of it. In saying that you would the bench would have had the correct score and run the message out but that obviously didn’t happen.

Great contest
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:34 am

The BSR coach was carrying on at the siren like they had won so perhaps they didn’t have the sore on the bench

The. Verbal between himself and a saints supporter was quite a nice way to add more drama at the end
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:54 am

Arry Gablett wrote:The BSR coach was carrying on at the siren like they had won so perhaps they didn’t have the sore on the bench

The. Verbal between himself and a saints supporter was quite a nice way to add more drama at the end

Yeah I agree the bench didn’t appear to have the correct score either or possibly not keeping score. Both the goal umpires agreed upon the correct score.

I was behind the coaches box for a small period today and it was pretty decent banter. One Saints supporter was actively looking to engage and antogonise the BSR coach, not something I had seen in country footy before to be honest. Was very accustomed to it watching the ammo league.
whufc
Coach

Postby iliveupnorth » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:30 pm

Poor form by the saints supporter (not surprised really). Why didnt anyone call him out and put a stop to it? Codes of conduct exist for a reason for footy.
To suggest it 'added' to the drama is plain ridiculous.
iliveupnorth
Mini-League

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:41 pm

Perhaps should’ve called out the BSR coach
His mouth went off first
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:37 am

Arry Gablett wrote:Perhaps should’ve called out the BSR coach
His mouth went off first

I was behind the coaches box when it commenced and it was definitely led by a Saints supporter who appeared to be making a point of deliberately trying to engage and bait the BSR coach and players going on and coming off. The Saints supporter walked a very tight line between 'banter' and outright abuse.

Personally I would say the entire BSR bench including coaches and players handled themselves extremely well, yes there was small bite back but it was nothing out of line especially given the level of 'banter'...….im being very kind calling it that. The BSR supporters also refrained from getting involved and agitating it further. I personally moved under the clubroom verandah as the banter was becoming increasingly more 'alcohol fueled'.

Yeah im bias but anyone who looked at it objectively would have seen there was only one person actively trying to cause conflict and it wasn't anyone in yellow and black.

Not something you often see in the NEFL in my limited experience. It definitely wasn't the end of the world type stuff but in my experience watching a lot of ammo football those situations have escalated very very quickly so it was a credit to the BSR club it never got to that. Not too many people would survive a day 'bantering' the entire Smithfield bench constantly from 5-10m away all day.
whufc
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:11 am

Arry Gablett wrote:The BSR coach was carrying on at the siren like they had won so perhaps they didn’t have the sore on the bench

=))
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby iliveupnorth » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:51 am

Back on the footy.

I was at Riverton on Saturday. Hawks got off to a very fast start and blew the Roosters out of the park seven goals to one in the first quarter. The mid-field absolutely dominated the ruck and contests, and cleared the footy with a bit too much ease, and that literally was the ball game.
North tried hard to arrest the onslaught - the game was a scrappy affair at times. North had plenty of the ball at times but struggled across half forward and failed to hit the scoreboard. The Hawks tended to wrestle the ascendency back late in each quarter and kicked a few majors in quick succession to really break the Roosters spirit.
I understand that North had a fair few players out, they definitely could not cover the Hawks outfit, particularly their run and spread through the midfield. The Hawks looked good and forwards had plenty of space to move.
The game was umpired by some guys from the Barossa League - seemed to do a very good job.

A big second round looming with the Saints, MinMan and North Clare all looking to fill the last 2 x positions in the top 4.
iliveupnorth
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:53 am

iliveupnorth wrote:Back on the footy.

I was at Riverton on Saturday. Hawks got off to a very fast start and blew the Roosters out of the park seven goals to one in the first quarter. The mid-field absolutely dominated the ruck and contests, and cleared the footy with a bit too much ease, and that literally was the ball game.
North tried hard to arrest the onslaught - the game was a scrappy affair at times. North had plenty of the ball at times but struggled across half forward and failed to hit the scoreboard. The Hawks tended to wrestle the ascendency back late in each quarter and kicked a few majors in quick succession to really break the Roosters spirit.
I understand that North had a fair few players out, they definitely could not cover the Hawks outfit, particularly their run and spread through the midfield. The Hawks looked good and forwards had plenty of space to move.
The game was umpired by some guys from the Barossa League - seemed to do a very good job.

A big second round looming with the Saints, MinMan and North Clare all looking to fill the last 2 x positions in the top 4.

Dallas Hill out for North Clare is a huge loss...…..Centrals seem to think he will be heading back to them, not sure whether that is true or not but comes from a reliable source.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:51 pm

BSR have put in a club report on a Saints player for an incident on saturday
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:12 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:BSR have put in a club report on a Saints player for an incident on saturday

Game was filmed live on Facebook so the tribunal will have sufficient evidence to make an educated decision on the alleged incident whether there was one.

No problem at all with clubs making reports if there is sufficient evidence to back it up eg footage/photos, the truth will be in the tribunals decision. Simple solution is don't be a thug on a footy field and you don't have to worry about clubs making reports.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Wasn’t thuggery
It was a football incident that would occur every week
A free kick was not paid

Possibly the coach still had the shits on from the feedback he received throughout and after the game some provoked some unprovoked
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:53 am

Arry Gablett wrote:Wasn’t thuggery
It was a football incident that would occur every week
A free kick was not paid

Possibly the coach still had the shits on from the feedback he received throughout and after the game some provoked some unprovoked

I didn't see the incident and haven't seen the footage but im sure that's what will be shown and the tribunal will get to be the judges of that.

My point was the only people who should be worried about people 'dobbing' in other players are the thugs in the game.

If as you say your player didn't do anything wrong then you shouldn't have anything to worry about, if the tribunal find him not guilty then im sure that only hurts BSR chances if they make a report in the future, might get taken with a pinch of salt. If he is found guilty then bad luck don't do shit that gets you suspended.
whufc
Coach

Postby iliveupnorth » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:57 am

Round 8 should be reasonably predictable, but you never know.

BBH should be competitive at home, and be used to the likely very cold conditions that will greet the away team BSR. You’d expect BSR to get the points still.

The Saints should have a comfortable win against the Cats.

North and South local 'derby'. North would hope to rebound after a bad loss last week. South, winless, were apparently pretty good still last week against BBH. Lots of younger players for both teams which is great to see. On form North should win, but in a close ‘tussle’.

MinMan vs RSMU will be an interesting one. MinMan will be hard at it in the middle, and depending on how many millimeters of rain fall between now and Saturday, conditions may just favour them. I am expecting a close one, and would not be surprised if MinMan manage to jag a win, in what I think should be a low scoring event. But on form you’d expect Hawks to win.
iliveupnorth
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:36 pm

iliveupnorth wrote:Round 8 should be reasonably predictable, but you never know.

BBH should be competitive at home, and be used to the likely very cold conditions that will greet the away team BSR. You’d expect BSR to get the points still.

The Saints should have a comfortable win against the Cats.

North and South local 'derby'. North would hope to rebound after a bad loss last week. South, winless, were apparently pretty good still last week against BBH. Lots of younger players for both teams which is great to see. On form North should win, but in a close ‘tussle’.

MinMan vs RSMU will be an interesting one. MinMan will be hard at it in the middle, and depending on how many millimeters of rain fall between now and Saturday, conditions may just favour them. I am expecting a close one, and would not be surprised if MinMan manage to jag a win, in what I think should be a low scoring event. But on form you’d expect Hawks to win.

Couldn't believe the Riverton / North score last week. North had looked like they had rid themselves of the inconsistency demons that has plagued them for near on a decade. It was the North of old last week.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy