Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:31 pm

whufc wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
whufc wrote:Noticed AV going hard on the socials to get Netball going for next year.

They have worked out they can’t keep bluffing their comp and they new need to get in or move out.

Its just so that they can say they are "trying" at the end of the year to attempt to delay the inevitable by another year. The cycle will continue.
I dont think they have any real intention otherwise they would have coaches announced for all grades etc.

They did have "all be it some" netball teams in the first year, now they have none. There has been no improvement in this area.

Yet their Wednesday, Friday night Argana Park teams are thriving.

Problem is they don't want to travel , I've spoken to some and have no intention in playing country netball, like one said "Argana Park a long way from Balaklava" so there's the problem.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:48 pm

Great game of B Grade on Saturday HWE vs Angle vale played in “good spirits” for Dylan Cicolella’s 300 senior game, thanks to Angle Vale for joining in the guard of honour, Ciccy even put the first goal on the board with a sense of occasion
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:07 am

Shout out to the Two Wells folk for hosting the Masters fixtures yesterday - good day out.. hot BBQ, cold beers, music pumping and the lads having a Sunday sesh got right into it.. good laugh.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:29 pm

If lockdown finishes Tuesday and sport is given the green light should we abandon the split round and play out the last 4 rounds? I say yes.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Angler » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:29 pm

magpieeagle wrote:If lockdown finishes Tuesday and sport is given the green light should we abandon the split round and play out the last 4 rounds? I say yes.

This would be the most logical thing to do. But tight restrictions might have a say in whether games go ahead next Saturday or not.
If we do happen to lose another week or two I think the priority needs to be to finish the round. That way everyone plays 14 games and everyone plays each other twice.
Angler

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:20 am

Angler wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:If lockdown finishes Tuesday and sport is given the green light should we abandon the split round and play out the last 4 rounds? I say yes.

This would be the most logical thing to do. But tight restrictions might have a say in whether games go ahead next Saturday or not.
If we do happen to lose another week or two I think the priority needs to be to finish the round. That way everyone plays 14 games and everyone plays each other twice.

I think you have the fairest outcome there, if restrictions ease to level 4 then footy won't go ahead this weekend.

If I were the admin of the league I'd be making the 14 rounds as the pinnacle and perhaps bring the finals forward, if the comp lost a round or two it wouldn't be the end of the world but by bringing it forward it would give the comp a bit of leeway if we lost a further week or two, that way the GF should still be on the 18th of September at the latest.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby 23rd man » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:11 pm

We really have 2 weeks up our sleeve that we can miss and keep a 16 round season. We loose the split round and make the 1st and 2nd semi on the same weekend. Depending on when the Balak show is We may also have the 25th of September... in saying that the show is no certainty to go ahead either...

I would love to try and get 16 games away after a shortened season last year. I reckon you'll find a couple teams have 3 home games to play out of the final 4 games as well.
23rd man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby OnSong » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:33 am

In relation to tonight's APFL Board Meeting, the board adopted the following;

Specific to our need to reschedule our Seasons Program.

* Cancel the last two (2) current nominated rounds (Rd 15 & Rd 16 which are addition matches within our program)
* Round 13, is to now be played on Saturday, 7th August
* Round 14 (Split Round), ALL matches are to now be played on Saturday, 14th August
* Therefore everyone would have played each other twice within the season, no additional matches
* Commence our Finals one (1) week earlier than programmed, that is, Saturday 21st August 2021
* We remain with the scheduled four (4) week finals program
* Grand Final NOW scheduled to be held on Saturday 11th September

Finals Series

1st Semi 21st August - Lochiel (HWEFC)
2nd Semi 28th August - Hamley Bridge (HBFC)
Prelim 4th September - Long Plains (UFC)
Grand Final - 11th September - Balaklava (BFNC)

APFL Board
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:53 am

Most logical outcome IMO although Angle Vale are looking closely over their shoulder now as Hummocks come flying home.

7% is a lot of percentage to make up though.

The rest of the tables are pretty much set in order.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:00 pm

Yeah, the percentage gap will probably close from both ends though.

AV has TW and Mallala, while HWE has United and Balaklava.

In the event say AV loses to both TW and Mallala by 10 goals each time, their percentage drops to about 49%.

In the event HWE wins both games and is able to add another 120 points of margin across those two matches, their percentage climbs to 48%.

Of course, there are variables affecting these calculations.

I've based the effect on AV's percentage from scoring 140 points across both games while losing by a combined margin of 120 points.

I've based the effect on HWE's percentage from scoring 180 points while conceding 60 across the two games.

Anyway, gives you an idea of what needs to happen for the Eagles to shift AV out of the 4.
OnSong
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:10 am

OnSong wrote:In relation to tonight's APFL Board Meeting, the board adopted the following;

Specific to our need to reschedule our Seasons Program.

* Cancel the last two (2) current nominated rounds (Rd 15 & Rd 16 which are addition matches within our program)
* Round 13, is to now be played on Saturday, 7th August
* Round 14 (Split Round), ALL matches are to now be played on Saturday, 14th August
* Therefore everyone would have played each other twice within the season, no additional matches
* Commence our Finals one (1) week earlier than programmed, that is, Saturday 21st August 2021
* We remain with the scheduled four (4) week finals program
* Grand Final NOW scheduled to be held on Saturday 11th September

Finals Series

1st Semi 21st August - Lochiel (HWEFC)
2nd Semi 28th August - Hamley Bridge (HBFC)
Prelim 4th September - Long Plains (UFC)
Grand Final - 11th September - Balaklava (BFNC)

APFL Board

Like the NEFL sounds like they have made the most common sense and fairest decision going forward. Well done. Shouldn't be any complaints from clubs.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby football tragic » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 am

Should have gone with amatuer league set up and played the year out there is plenty of time
The lost revenue for a home game is huge for any club
Speaking with players from a few diff clubs they want to play as much footy as they can especially after last year playing half a season
I think the APFL are leaning to a 14 game permanent system moving forward which would be ridiculous imo
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:07 pm

football tragic wrote:Should have gone with amatuer league set up and played the year out there is plenty of time
Speaking with players from a few diff clubs they want to play as much footy as they can especially after last year playing half a season
I think the APFL are leaning to a 14 game permanent system moving forward which would be ridiculous imo

I agree with this. Should have played the season out and have a Saturday Sunday finals or just have 1st and 2nd on same day at 2 different grounds (close together like Av and Virginia or long plains and mallala)
A lot of kids especially both football and netball just want to play footy, now they won't be able to get as much development into half the teams that don't make finals.
Its kinda like they are preparing to make arrangements for something that doesn't exist yet.

But, whatever decision they made they would have copped some flak for, but I think the overall priority should have been to get the most amount of football and netball into the most amount of people possible.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Onthepunt » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:43 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
football tragic wrote:Should have gone with amatuer league set up and played the year out there is plenty of time

I agree with this. Should have played the season out and have a Saturday Sunday finals or just have 1st and 2nd on same day at 2 different grounds (close together like Av and Virginia or long plains and mallala)
A lot of kids especially both football and netball just want to play footy, now they won't be able to get as much development into half the teams that don't make finals.
Its kinda like they are preparing to make arrangements for something that doesn't exist yet.

But, whatever decision they made they would have copped some flak for, but I think the overall priority should have been to get the most amount of football and netball into the most amount of people possible.

Seriously it is a two horse race Mallala v Two Wells... Balaklava are starting to get their mojo happening and capable of a surprise upset , Angle Vale are 10 goals behind those sides on a good day, let the other clubs play out their rest of the minor round games and then have 1v4 2v3 system.
This will mean
Mallala v Angle Vale ( 1v 4)
Two Wells v Balaklava ( 2v 3)... both dominant sides throughout the year will go through to Grand Final, no disrespect to Angle Vale and Balaklava but Mallala and Two Wells are far superior.. too much talent all over the park.
Minor Round : August 7th 14th 21st 28th
Finals: Sept 4th knock out finals
Grand Final 11th
Allows the struggling clubs to play out the rest of the year.. seems a shame that in 2 weeks no more football and 4 weeks of finals is a bit boring know that at the end result will be yes : Mallala v Two Wells Grand Final
Onthepunt
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Maggies2002 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:45 pm

A lot of whining for a couple of extra games of football and a now even fair draw.

Anything can happen in finals. Look at last year, bute were stiff to finish high and go out in week 1.

Be glad you get to finish your season, could be a lot worse.
Maggies2002

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Maggies2002 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:49 pm

Also these clubs would get 1 extra home game assuming there is no more outbreaks.
Format approved by the board gives leeway for subsequent outbreaks.
Will go back to the old format next year when AV are booted from the league.
Maggies2002

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby football tragic » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:09 am

Think we all need to move on from the Angle Vale getting kicked out the league
It won`t happen and looking at the ladder this year all of their sides will finals, Juniors and senior colts a good chance to win it

On another note i agree finals always throws up some shock results and if not the GF between TW and Mallala will be a cracker as they have had some great games over the years in finals.
football tragic
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby OnSong » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:50 pm

Hearing there will be 1000 crowd limits for local sport for this weekend. Fingers crossed.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:59 pm

OnSong wrote:Hearing there will be 1000 crowd limits for local sport for this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Sports clubs will be able to resume competition and sport events can go ahead with 1 person per 2 sqm rules, with up to 1000 people, and people must wear masks.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby OnSong » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
OnSong wrote:Hearing there will be 1000 crowd limits for local sport for this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Sports clubs will be able to resume competition and sport events can go ahead with 1 person per 2 sqm rules, with up to 1000 people, and people must wear masks.

Call me Caroline Wilson!
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy