Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Snags » Mon May 17, 2021 9:43 pm

Has anyone heard what the A grade association squad is? Or anyone have any predictions of how the team will line up?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby football tragic » Wed May 19, 2021 12:43 pm

Whats everyones predictions for the upcoming round

Here`s mine
Two Wells by 47pts
Mallala by 90pts
Virginia by 32pts
Hummocks by 114pts
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Dirty dog » Wed May 19, 2021 3:09 pm

Scott Webber to the Vale. Has he actually played a game in the last 5 years since his venture to the YP?
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Hazbeen » Thu May 20, 2021 3:40 pm

Snags wrote:Has anyone heard what the A grade association squad is? Or anyone have any predictions of how the team will line up?

squad is; AV: Robert Kovacic, Jayden Ruediger, Scott Blundell. B: Lachy Michael, Shane Moss, Jason McPharlin. HB: Hayden Bubner, Connor Buckby, Jonathon Sale. HWE: Ethan Kwaterski, Mitchell Jude, Henry Wright, Nathan Byrnes. MAL: Jack Heaslip, Troy Algar, William Paynter, Jake Birchmore, William Hennessy, Zac Eckermann, Toby Maughan, Brad Wilson, Angus Bruggemann, Josh Seal, Brian Montgomery. TW: Jamie Humphrys, Dylan Wise, Ned Seccafien, Caleb Edmead, Shannon Slattery, Matt Camplin, Luke Barnett. UTD: Heath Pym. VIR: Nic Lehman, Joel Holloway, Alex Barclay, Hayden Ingram, Aidan Ponton, Braiden Rigney, Brayden Coombs.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby 23rd man » Fri May 21, 2021 3:25 pm

Where's Judd and Butcher from Hamley?
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Angler » Fri May 21, 2021 5:42 pm

23rd man wrote:Where's Judd and Butcher from Hamley?

No idea. Would like to know the thinking behind the non-selection of those two- Judd especially.
Angler

Postby Snags » Mon May 24, 2021 4:08 pm

I went down to watch two wells vs angle vale clash hoping for a good game.
I can see why balaklava aren’t happy with this league.
Angle vale might be getting better results on the field this year but the crowd is as bad as ever.
Just 1 of many examples: Man in the crowd with a white staffy, letting it get close to two wells players and it tried bite one. He then went on to get personal at players and then even targeted the two wells trainer as she walked past.

This isn’t country footy behaviour, how are you meant to sit with your kids and watch footy when stuff like that is happening?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby 23rd man » Mon May 24, 2021 8:18 pm

Would it actually get to a stage after the season where it's comes down to either Angle Vale being kicked out or Balaklava leave?

I know where my vote lies!!!
23rd man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 24, 2021 8:23 pm

Snags wrote:I went down to watch two wells vs angle vale clash hoping for a good game.
Angle vale might be getting better results on the field this year but the crowd is as bad as ever.
Just 1 of many examples: Man in the crowd with a white staffy, letting it get close to two wells players and it tried bite one. He then went on to get personal at players and then even targeted the two wells trainer as she walked past.

This isn’t country footy behaviour, how are you meant to sit with your kids and watch footy when stuff like that is happening?

Snags, anyone in the AV crowd slingshotting ball bearings at players?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Maggies2002 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:58 pm

They don't have a netball side do they?

How long have they been in the APFL, 4 or 5 years now? If clubs in the NEFL or the BLGFA didn't have netball to accompany the football they would be punted from the league in a heartbeat. I'm amazed the APFL board has let this drag out irrespective of all the other misgivings.
Maggies2002

Been liked: 4 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 25, 2021 7:30 am

Maggies2002 wrote:They don't have a netball side do they?

How long have they been in the APFL, 4 or 5 years now? If clubs in the NEFL or the BLGFA didn't have netball to accompany the football they would be punted from the league in a heartbeat. I'm amazed the APFL board has let this drag out irrespective of all the other misgivings.

Worst part being they have over 5 ladies teams and over 20 junior teams playing at Argana Park every Wednesday and Friday night 12 months of the year.

Its blatantly obvious that the football club was the only interested party in the APFL move and that netball was never on board with the decision.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby football tragic » Tue May 25, 2021 9:31 am

Snags wrote:I went down to watch two wells vs angle vale clash hoping for a good game.

Having been to several games of APFL there is certainly supporters from all clubs who don't conduct themselves the way they should.
However this dog accusation has me puzzled ….was the dog on the oval and if not how did it get close to the players?????
I`m sure the players once the dog tried biting would have also instigated some banter towards the owner of the dog and the owner probably retaliated. And that 1 was one of many examples?? ..…. maybe should have used one of the other examples imo.
football tragic
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby BPlumber » Tue May 25, 2021 12:48 pm

football tragic wrote:

Having been to several games of APFL there is certainly supporters from all clubs who don't conduct themselves the way they should.
However this dog accusation has me puzzled ….was the dog on the oval and if not how did it get close to the players?????
I`m sure the players once the dog tried biting would have also instigated some banter towards the owner of the dog and the owner probably retaliated. And that 1 was one of many examples?? ..…. maybe should have used one of the other examples imo.

I’ve played over 300 games of A Grade and Junior footy for BlythSnowtown in the NEFL and first 18 college football.
A couple of years ago we play AV in trial game at AV. It is the the only time in my career I’ve seen a teammate king hit from behind and was also the worst crowd behaviour I’ve ever seen.
They wouldn’t last a week in this league let alone not having a netball. Disgrace of a club.
BPlumber
Mini-League

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Dirty dog » Tue May 25, 2021 6:23 pm

I bet with a bit of on field success the supporters would be now starting on the Jacks cans watching the junior colts instead of waiting until at least the senior colts would start.
As mentioned before, Bute couldn’t get back in the YP league quick enough.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby GIDDY UP! » Tue May 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Dirty dog wrote:

I bet with a bit of on field success the supporters would be now starting on the Jacks cans watching the junior colts instead of waiting until at least the senior colts would start.
As mentioned before, Bute couldn’t get back in the YP league quick enough.

Has there been any more talk/news on whether Balaklava as still coinciding the move to NEFL after the season end? I still can’t believe Angle Vale are still allowed to participate in the league without at least having 3 or 4 teams in the netball! Beyond me how it’s gone on for over 3 years now that I know of and league hasn’t done anything about it.
Last edited by GIDDY UP! on Tue May 25, 2021 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Maggies2002 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:59 pm

Been told on the grapevine that moves are already bring made behind the scenes to have Angle Vale removed for 2022 for a number of reasons but justified on the grounds of no netball sides.

From a certain committee member of the APFL board.
Maggies2002

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue May 25, 2021 9:12 pm

Maggies2002 wrote:Been told on the grapevine that moves are already bring made behind the scenes to have Angle Vale removed for 2022 for a number of reasons but justified on the grounds of no netball sides.

Where to for Angle Vale then?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby pureclass » Tue May 25, 2021 10:59 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
Maggies2002 wrote:Been told on the grapevine that moves are already bring made behind the scenes to have Angle Vale removed for 2022 for a number of reasons but justified on the grounds of no netball sides.

Where to for Angle Vale then?

If they are welcomed back to the amateur league it would be interesting where the league would put them.
Did they come to the APFL from division 6 or 7?
They seemed to have improved and have strong juniors coming through so maybe have to start from division 5 or 6?
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Wed May 26, 2021 11:01 am

100% would have to be the back to the ammos.

No doubt they would have a crack at the Barossa but im certain the BLG wouldn't even place it as an agenda item.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Executive Member » Wed May 26, 2021 11:39 am

whufc wrote:100% would have to be the back to the ammos.

No doubt they would have a crack at the Barossa but im certain the BLG wouldn't even place it as an agenda item.

well they have until the 31st May to apply or they wont be there in 2022
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy