Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Snags » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:21 am

A grade association
I would say was abit of a success for adelaide plains considering they didn’t have their “best” side on the park due to people opting out.
Having leading a stacked Yorkes team mid way through the first and could of hit the lead in the second half if it wasn’t for some crucial mistakes inside 50.
The boys who played had a genuine crack.
I honestly think we still have to do these carnivals.
So in saying that punishments need to be bigger for opting out.

Medical certificate = 1 game for your club because if you are injured enough to miss 1 weekend you can have another weeks rest.
Choosing not to train in hope of not getting picked = 1 game
No excuse for opting out = 2 games

Be interesting to see everyone’s thoughts, we still have that many players that are keen to do it so let’s make a effort to really push it.
We had 4 in the team that could of opted out due to reaching their 12 games and chose not too.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:09 am

Snags wrote:A grade association
I would say was abit of a success for adelaide plains considering they didn’t have their “best” side on the park due to people opting out.
Having leading a stacked Yorkes team mid way through the first and could of hit the lead in the second half if it wasn’t for some crucial mistakes inside 50.
The boys who played had a genuine crack.
I honestly think we still have to do these carnivals.
So in saying that punishments need to be bigger for opting out.

Medical certificate = 1 game for your club because if you are injured enough to miss 1 weekend you can have another weeks rest.
Choosing not to train in hope of not getting picked = 1 game
No excuse for opting out = 2 games

Be interesting to see everyone’s thoughts, we still have that many players that are keen to do it so let’s make a effort to really push it.
We had 4 in the team that could of opted out due to reaching their 12 games and chose not too.

Totally agree, I love doing these carnivals but in saying so hate wasting time trainings nights for 10 players, this was a good result considering probably only 1 proper training of a hr, full side we would have won this no doubt, players going on about byes, well there is 2 in the next 7 games, It needs to change, the passion of the older players was great to see.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Snags » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:41 pm

Also did we have anyone selected in the zone squad?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Hazbeen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Snags wrote:Also did we have anyone selected in the zone squad?

To be announced Wednesday
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Pandawatch » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:22 pm

[list=]NICE TO SEE THE MALLALA BOYS ALL RECOVERED FROM ILLNESS FROM LAST WEEK #DOCTORNOTES[/list]
Pandawatch
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:07 pm

Pandawatch wrote:[list=]NICE TO SEE THE MALLALA BOYS ALL RECOVERED FROM ILLNESS FROM LAST WEEK #DOCTORNOTES[/list]

Have a problem take it up with the league, and if you noticed some were actually injured well before long weekend, but as I have learnt, there are a lot of sports experts on here, 3 letters were from Wakefield Hospital as really its not your business, I could've in my power made a association player sit out for 12 days but was cleared by myself and league/umpire directors, that's a opposition player, I do notice no mention of clubs refusing U15 and U17 but that doesn't include Mallala hey.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:09 pm

Congratulations Rundle on 300 senior games.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Pandawatch » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:42 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Pandawatch wrote:[list=]NICE TO SEE THE MALLALA BOYS ALL RECOVERED FROM ILLNESS FROM LAST WEEK #DOCTORNOTES[/list]

Have a problem take it up with the league, and if you noticed some were actually injured well before long weekend, but as I have learnt, there are a lot of sports experts on here, 3 letters were from Wakefield Hospital as really its not your business, I could've in my power made a association player sit out for 12 days but was cleared by myself and league/umpire directors, that's a opposition player, I do notice no mention of clubs refusing U15 and U17 but that doesn't include Mallala hey.

Relax champ.... not my buisness but definately had the reaction i was after, nothing is ever just black and white. Good luck with the full squad this week.
Pandawatch
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Hazbeen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:44 am

Hazbeen wrote:

Luke Barnett (U21)
Caleb Edmead
Shane Moss
William Paynter
John Butcher
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby great catch » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:46 pm

So angle vale look to be back in form after a solid win over Virginia, was anyone at the game and can update me on the game and who played well for angle vale?
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:01 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:

Luke Barnett (U21)
Caleb Edmead
Shane Moss
William Paynter
John Butcher

Im surprised Butcher is in it, he plays his last game for Hamley this week, wont even be a registered player in SA by the time the champs come round or are they giving a special exemption so he can play?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby football tragic » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:40 am

great catch wrote:So angle vale look to be back in form after a solid win over Virginia, was anyone at the game and can update me on the game and who played well for angle vale?

I wasn`t at the game but heard they played some real good contested footy and their run and spread was to much for Virginia to stop.
Not sure on best players but have heard they got a couple back from injury so no doubt that helped as i dont think they have much depth outside of their best 21.
football tragic
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby great catch » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:55 pm

football tragic wrote:
great catch wrote:So angle vale look to be back in form after a solid win over Virginia, was anyone at the game and can update me on the game and who played well for angle vale?

I wasn`t at the game but heard they played some real good contested footy and their run and spread was to much for Virginia to stop.
Not sure on best players but have heard they got a couple back from injury so no doubt that helped as i dont think they have much depth outside of their best 21.

Yeah I was just told the same, also heard lachy Mitchell was good in the midfield and webber was good on the chf/ff but missed a lot of goals apparently, as for the depth I think they have some handy young guys but the older ones with the experience is what they need so it’s good to see them have some players back.
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times

Postby football tragic » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:03 am

Interesting 7 rounds to play out to shape the 4 in this league
Balak look good in patches but a big step back last week against Mallala losing by over 100
Virginia look up and down and cant see them making it based on past 2 games
Hummocks Def have the personnel but have they left their run too late?
Angle vale had a very important win on the weekend is it too early to lock them in for finals would be a huge turnaround?

Mallala look clearly the best team however Two wells at full strength would really test them
What`s everyone else`s predictions?
football tragic
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:30 pm

football tragic wrote:Interesting 7 rounds to play out to shape the 4 in this league
Balak look good in patches but a big step back last week against Mallala losing by over 100
Virginia look up and down and cant see them making it based on past 2 games
Hummocks Def have the personnel but have they left their run too late?
Angle vale had a very important win on the weekend is it too early to lock them in for finals would be a huge turnaround?

Mallala look clearly the best team however Two wells at full strength would really test them
What`s everyone else`s predictions?

Sticking with my Mallala v Two Wells GF prediction for 2021. Would only be short priced.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:43 pm

Saturday between Mall and TW was everything you would expect from a top of table clash, Mallala lead by nearly 5 goals at one stage but we expected TW to come back and they did, it was a really good tough,hard hitting game and the score only really looks good due to Mallala kicking 3 in time on last Q, very hard to say who was best on either side, The reserves as well was a great clash as well, you can only look forward to the finals between these to sides.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:44 pm

Noticed AV going hard on the socials to get Netball going for next year.

They have worked out they can’t keep bluffing their comp and they new need to get in or move out.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5584 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:29 am

whufc wrote:Noticed AV going hard on the socials to get Netball going for next year.

They have worked out they can’t keep bluffing their comp and they new need to get in or move out.

Unfortunately it just turned into a bit of a pisstake from what I read.

It's a bit of a shame as people like Renae put a lot of effort in out there to get things moving in the right direction.

**on a side note, I just checked again and it looked like it improved overnight.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:42 am

whufc wrote:Noticed AV going hard on the socials to get Netball going for next year.

Its just so that they can say they are "trying" at the end of the year to attempt to delay the inevitable by another year. The cycle will continue.
I dont think they have any real intention otherwise they would have coaches announced for all grades etc.

They did have "all be it some" netball teams in the first year, now they have none. There has been no improvement in this area.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby whufc » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:

Its just so that they can say they are "trying" at the end of the year to attempt to delay the inevitable by another year. The cycle will continue.
I dont think they have any real intention otherwise they would have coaches announced for all grades etc.

They did have "all be it some" netball teams in the first year, now they have none. There has been no improvement in this area.

Yet their Wednesday, Friday night Argana Park teams are thriving.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5584 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy