Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:52 am

OnSong wrote:Yeah, HBFC took it to the pre-AGM, along with a motion to allow 21 players in the reserves teams during the regular season, if your club has them.
Mallala also floated the possibility of a twilight ANZAC Day match against United, Balaklava another side looking to do something similar with HWE.
Full report in tomorrow's edition but I'll have to expand on the Mallala ANZAC idea for next week. Interesting concept.

Crikey OS, you must have been hiding behind the bar with all this info :lol:
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby OnSong » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
OnSong wrote:Yeah, HBFC took it to the pre-AGM, along with a motion to allow 21 players in the reserves teams during the regular season, if your club has them.
Mallala also floated the possibility of a twilight ANZAC Day match against United, Balaklava another side looking to do something similar with HWE.
Full report in tomorrow's edition but I'll have to expand on the Mallala ANZAC idea for next week. Interesting concept.

Crikey OS, you must have been hiding behind the bar with all this info :lol:

Mighty Neutron filled me in while checking out his burgeoning bean crop $$$$
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 532 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Nocyrils » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am

Hamleys coaching appointment interest me. They never advertised the position. It was handed straight to heberle. I know there was a few people interested in coaching but never got a look in. Not saying kirk wont be a good coach, but I just dont think the club went the right way about it and it could back fire on them. One would think they would have an interview process in order to fine the right man to coach hamley bridge.
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Nocyrils wrote:Hamleys coaching appointment interest me. They never advertised the position. It was handed straight to heberle. I know there was a few people interested in coaching but never got a look in. Not saying kirk wont be a good coach, but I just dont think the club went the right way about it and it could back fire on them. One would think they would have an interview process in order to fine the right man to coach hamley bridge.

That you Norm?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby norm11 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:16 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Nocyrils wrote:Hamleys coaching appointment interest me. They never advertised the position. It was handed straight to heberle. I know there was a few people interested in coaching but never got a look in. Not saying kirk wont be a good coach, but I just dont think the club went the right way about it and it could back fire on them. One would think they would have an interview process in order to fine the right man to coach hamley bridge.

That you Norm?

Yea its me. Dick head
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:08 pm

How could it back fire Nocyrils? The way your president commented in the Producer last week suggested that it always had been the plan.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

How could it back fire Nocyrils? The way your president commented in the Producer last week suggested that it always had been the plan.

I'd say he's suggesting there could have been other candidates in the pipeline a little more qualified.
Not necessarily that there was but just the possibility that there was, but no opportunity to apply meant they could have fallen by the wayside.
Good luck to Kirk by the way. Big job.
OnSong
Coach

Postby beer o'clock » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:59 pm

What players will Hamley lose this year. I don't think that they will be able to ask for more point next year after finishing 2nd. This means they will probably only have 15 points next year when at times last season they were playing with 21 points less 3 juniors.
beer o'clock

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:04 pm

beer o'clock wrote:What players will Hamley lose this year. I don't think that they will be able to ask for more point next year after finishing 2nd. This means they will probably only have 15 points next year when at times last season they were playing with 21 points less 3 juniors.

I'm hearing Greenwood out, Thach out.

At Mallala, Bruggemann linked with Salisbury North?
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:53 pm

beer o'clock wrote:What players will Hamley lose this year. I don't think that they will be able to ask for more point next year after finishing 2nd. This means they will probably only have 15 points next year when at times last season they were playing with 21 points less 3 juniors.

Are the goodys staying or moving on again?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby barrys antz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:10 pm

magpieeagle wrote:

Have heard goody has the coaching gig at border districts. Was looking for head coaching gig and got one.
Also hearing cluse will not be returning to the eagles for next year.
barrys antz
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:39 pm

barrys antz wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Have heard goody has the coaching gig at border districts. Was looking for head coaching gig and got one.
Also hearing cluse will not be returning to the eagles for next year.

long way from home!!I know he wanted a gig here in the APFL,but any A grade gig is what he wanted for a while
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby hotspur » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Clusey has "agreed'' to move on. Apparently club looking at a playing coach and the money these guys cost will surely maka a dent in their recruiting.
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:45 am

hotspur wrote:Clusey has "agreed'' to move on. Apparently club looking at a playing coach and the money these guys cost will surely maka a dent in their recruiting.

Glad you know whats going on
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby lutz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:15 am

Any truth to the rumour that Two Wells have signed Nathan Rose, a young full forward from Port District? Pretty handy get if true.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:01 am

hotspur wrote:Clusey has "agreed'' to move on. Apparently club looking at a playing coach and the money these guys cost will surely maka a dent in their recruiting.

Is that a parting back-hander hotspur??
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:

Cluse was a playing coach....?

Poor fella even went on the club's footy trip. Rough!
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:04 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:

Could be the second one on this page!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:23 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Could be the second one on this page!

You referring to Nocyrils?
OnSong
Coach

Postby hotspur » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:41 am

Don't play for the club if thay's what you're hinting at, but do know Clusey from Eudunda days, and other players and committee.
Not a rumour as far my sources say.
And a good playing coach does ask a lot. Greenwood wanted over 30 grand to coach at freeling and Kapunda a couple of years ago. A year! Don't try and tell me that's why Freeling can't get good imports now! They don't have the money.
Perhaps that's why he wasn't appointed at Hamley Bridge.
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy