Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LuvsFooty » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:17 pm

Grape Ape wrote:
damian wrote:The SANFL have been just as weak as the GSFL through all of this.

I'm pretty sure the SANFL are content to sit back and watch the GSFL self destruct so that they can parachute in one of their regional football operations coordinators to clean up the mess.

This is the moment they've been waiting for.

Bingo. We’ve given it to them on a platter
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Postby Turfie » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:06 pm

Classic GSFL!
How do they send me to the tribunal when I live interstate and haven't had any involvement with the GSFL since 2005??

oldbomber wrote:
mutton cove wrote:Do not bother to read the rules, as it appears to me that the President is the sole interpreter of the rules.

Due to the GSFL copping it massively mainly on facebook at the moment with all this and to make this whole situation even more laughable a mate told me players have been warned to watch what they say online as the league is trying to rapidly implement a use of social media bylaw that would potentially have people who post innapropriate comments or ones that show the GSFL leaders true colours with facts sent straight to the tribuneral. Lol

Club delegates need to remind theGSFL they are supposed to represent all of the clubs and have a duty to do so fairly with respect to the rules set by the SANFL and CFL. They have not done this and now need to be held accountable as they think they are bullet proof and can just break the rules to suit one club whenever they feel like it. Its time for club heirachy to go over the head of GSFL and demand a thorough investigation by the SANFL that gets to the bottom of this situation once and for all where results are made public and those responsible within GSFL are releived of their duties due to what appears to be an abuse of power. As they chose not to explain the Dix situation in oarticular there is more than enough facts and evidence to make a few personnel changes and get this ladder corrected with premiership points deducted in time for finals to still give Mt Compass a chance to legitimately contend for the premiership this year.
Turfie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby luv a kick » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:06 pm

LuvsFooty wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:
damian wrote:The SANFL have been just as weak as the GSFL through all of this.

I'm pretty sure the SANFL are content to sit back and watch the GSFL self destruct so that they can parachute in one of their regional football operations coordinators to clean up the mess.

This is the moment they've been waiting for.

Bingo. We’ve given it to them on a platter

The young lady from Goolwa is sorry please let it go now you are causing her mental anguish [-X

LuvsFooty would that be Magpie Bingo !! I THINK it is
Last edited by luv a kick on Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luv a kick
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby luv a kick » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:21 pm

watchdog wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The news gets even better for Mount Compass supporters tonight as we believe that paperwork has been lodged for Jason Porplyzia to join the Bulldogs.
Jason played 130 games for Adelaide and kicked 181.
The Porpoise would be reunited with former Crows teammate Lewis Johnston and strengthen the Dogs already solid Premiership chances.
*Our understanding is Porplyzia would be a 0pt player.
Confirmation of this signing as soon as it comes to hand.

Jason Played league footy for West Adelaide 11 times in 2018, so don't be fooled by this 24 month rubbish that appears to being used.
If he is transferred as a zero pointer, then someone actually does not know what they are doing and clearly has not read through the rules in their entirety. This is exactly why Dix cannot be 0 points- Rules as follows:

Due to the abandonment of season 2020 by many Leagues impacted by COVID19 the following shall apply:
9.6.1. For season 2021 any club who actively participated in the 2020 season
will receive the usual -1 point discount for any player retained who was
also retained from the 2019 season to the 2020 season.
9.6.2. For season 2021 any player who transferred to a club prior to April 1st
2020 will receive the usual -1 point discount if they are retained for the
2021 season.
9.6.3. For season 2021 any player that played on a COVID-19 permit or
transferred clubs from April 1st, 2020 will retain their season 2020 player
rating and will not receive any additional discount.
9.6.4. For season 2021 any player from an abandoned club or league who did
not participate in season 2020 will retain their 2020, point rating for the
2021 season.
9.6.5. For any player transferring clubs in season 2021 or 2022 the following will
apply:
9.6.5.1. For season 2021 a players point rating shall be determined by the
balance of matches played in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
9.6.5.2. For season 2022 a players point rating shall be determined by the
balance of matches played in the 2019 and 2021 seasons.

SANFL reps released a statement before season starting stating 24 month rule still applies to be eligible for 0 points, meaning if a player played in 2018 and did not play in 2019 and 2020 he would be automatically 0 points. Based on this Porplyzia is 0. This is from SANFL not GSFL

Cheap seat it looks like you need to sit closer to your screen or purchase a seat closer to the action old mate because you didn't :-@ read it all =))
luv a kick
Mini-League

Postby mutton cove » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:17 pm

Didn't anyone get the memo, the GSFL 2021 season will be a handicap competition.
mutton cove
Rookie

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:33 am

mutton cove wrote:Didn't anyone get the memo, the GSFL 2021 season will be a handicap competition.

Yep, got it, Didn't everyone else?

Heard McLaren are gonna be Re Handicapped after their authoritative win over Compass :shock: whilst the Bulldogs will be given further concessions to be more competitive :lol:
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby damian » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:00 am

Luv a Kick, are you able to explain why Tom Dix has been approved as a zero point player?

Mount Compass breaching the PPA has been dealt with, the League didn’t see it fit to penalise them and Haniford being reduced by a point was because he lives locally.

The Dix decision has no explanation at this stage.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby Cheap Seats » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:19 pm

What's the point in having a Governing body that wont govern?
The SANFL are completely aware of the situation, and although found results in contradiction to the Appeals Tribunal decision, I feel/it seems, unless a direct request of investigation is made into the entirety of it all, will not over rule or discredit these decisions
So now is the time for the someone to formally ask for a full review of the decisions handed down and provide complete justification to the resulting decisions which are clearly a false representation of both the actual rules and their intent.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby oldbomber » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:05 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:What's the point in having a Governing body that wont govern?
The SANFL are completely aware of the situation, and although found results in contradiction to the Appeals Tribunal decision, I feel/it seems, unless a direct request of investigation is made into the entirety of it all, will not over rule or discredit these decisions
So now is the time for the someone to formally ask for a full review of the decisions handed down and provide complete justification to the resulting decisions which are clearly a false representation of both the actual rules and their intent.

Agree. Also if its not sorted soon and an investigation was requested late in season and didnt go in mt compass favour with reguard to player points used each week. They could lose an astronomical amount of points and miss finals altogether. I would rather see it was all sorted now and see compass have a crack this year and if they were to win it i dont think many would have too many issues once they serve their penalty as i dont beleive they have tried to hide anything in all of this. They asked and were incorrectly approved certain things in breach of the rules due to GSFL executives complete abuse of power and illegal governance. Its ok to make a mistake but when someone points it out right in front of you and you refuse to correct it, uphold the rules, regulations of the league as agreed by all its just criminal and those individuals responsible can not be allowed to continue to govern.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:48 pm

oldbomber wrote:

Agree. Also if its not sorted soon and an investigation was requested late in season and didnt go in mt compass favour with reguard to player points used each week. They could lose an astronomical amount of points and miss finals altogether. I would rather see it was all sorted now and see compass have a crack this year and if they were to win it i dont think many would have too many issues once they serve their penalty as i dont beleive they have tried to hide anything in all of this. They asked and were incorrectly approved certain things in breach of the rules due to GSFL executives complete abuse of power and illegal governance. Its ok to make a mistake but when someone points it out right in front of you and you refuse to correct it, uphold the rules, regulations of the league as agreed by all its just criminal and those individuals responsible can not be allowed to continue to govern.

Being an outsider i have no idea who the execs are, but did they have affiliation with Mt Compass before they were on the board? is it a biased decision or just incompetence?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Cheap Seats » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
oldbomber wrote:

Being an outsider i have no idea who the execs are, but did they have affiliation with Mt Compass before they were on the board? is it a biased decision or just incompetence?

I've spoken to a number of people who believe a local heavy hitter including a former Member of Parliament have been throwing their weight behind these endeavours and have certainly had an impact on the decisions and probably been an intimidating presence both in the fore front at times and behind the scenes.
But there is also some who think there is direct corruption, and further, others including myself who think that incorrect or misleading evidence has been provided, and due diligence from the appeals tribunal did not take place, who did not have a full understanding of how the rules apply or indeed some of the rules themselves that are in place, and mistakes in decisions because of this have been made.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby field of dreams » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Adam Hartlett - Fairly big transfer in to Goolwa. Gone under the radar with all the Porp talk. Zero Pointer?
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Smashed Crab » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
oldbomber wrote:

I've spoken to a number of people who believe a local heavy hitter including a former Member of Parliament have been throwing their weight behind these endeavours and have certainly had an impact on the decisions and probably been an intimidating presence both in the fore front at times and behind the scenes.
But there is also some who think there is direct corruption, and further, others including myself who think that incorrect or misleading evidence has been provided, and due diligence from the appeals tribunal did not take place, who did not have a full understanding of how the rules apply or indeed some of the rules themselves that are in place, and mistakes in decisions because of this have been made.

What a crock of dribble. A friend of a friend who's related to that persons Grandma may have overheard at the local scone and tea session....

Is it any coincidence that you, Damian and OldBomber are never on the site at the same time? IS it difficult running multiple accounts?
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby oldbomber » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:39 pm

^^^^Is it any coincidence that you, Damian and OldBomber are never on the site at the same time? IS it difficult running multiple accounts?
Haha who is starting rumours now? super sad smashed crab that you watch the forum that closely to know who is on when and try discredit others whose opinion differs to yours but anyway i dont buy into rumours and prefer facts. Surprisingly through this whole fiasco most people on here have referenced bylaws and dot points very well and even provided screenshots of team sheets which clearly shows how mt compass have breached the points system quite a few weeks. The GSFL recently finally made a statement clearing mt compass which has made it very clear to all they have illegally allowed these points concessions to be approved without providing any evidence as to why in some instances (dix being a zero pointer). Im not sure if the SANFL will have the balls to make this right but until proven otherwise the FACTS are Mt Compass have breached the player points system this year without punishment and the GSFL executives have facilitated it. Only questions left is who approved it specifically,why and will the SANFL step in to clean this up and make things right by the other 9 clubs who are meant to be part of this great league also.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby luv a kick » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:33 pm

field of dreams wrote:Adam Hartlett - Fairly big transfer in to Goolwa. Gone under the radar with all the Porp talk. Zero Pointer?

Magpie Bingo !! :rolleyes:

Salary Cap breach !!!!

Unregistered player !!!!

Corruption !!!

Play on....
luv a kick
Mini-League

Postby Dazza44 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:00 pm

I don't normally like to comment on other league pages, and I won't make any comment on any of the other bizarre decisions in the Mount Compass saga, but I am so bewildered by the situation with Thomas Dix that I just had to put in my 2 cents worth !!
Thomas Dix is clearly shown in the records as having last played in Southern Football League on 18th May 2019. No matter what method you use to determine the "24 month" rule (elapsed time or full seasons), there is NO WAY 24 months had elapsed before he was registered to play at Mount Compass - given that he played for them on 24th April 2021.
It is simple maths, no interpretation required if you read the rules.
There is therefore no possible way that Thomas Dix could be a 0 point player. If the club allocated him as 0 points, they were in error under the rules, and if the League approved that allocation they are also clearly in error.

No surprise that there has been no explanation or justification at all for this one ... there could not possibly be one !
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby field of dreams » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:10 pm

luv a kick wrote:Play on....

May as well. Rules? Pfft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:46 pm

Amazing drama filled finish to the Creek / Willunga clash today with the match looking all but over in the last term before the reigning Premiers stormed home with the last 5 goals of the match to hit the front by a point courtesy of a miraculous snap from the boundary by Howell which brought a rapturous response from the Hawks Premiership reunion tent.
In the middle of the 5 goal onslaught there was a 5 minute hold up in play as Willungas Fenton was stretchered from the ground with a rumored broken leg .
Willunga then responded with a behind which leveled the scores.
In a desperate last few minutes neither team were able to score as the siren sounded.
There was confusion among supporters and some players as the scoreboard showed the Creeks winners by a point.
The scoreboard was out by a point most of the last term and for the most part had little consequence until the last few minutes
Goal umpires quickly confirmed the draw as both teams contemplated what could have been.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby damian » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:18 am

field of dreams wrote:Adam Hartlett - Fairly big transfer in to Goolwa. Gone under the radar with all the Porp talk. Zero Pointer?

Under Mount Compass rules, he’s a zero pointer. Didn’t play in 2020, played a few games in 2019.

Under the rules everyone else plays by, he’s a 3pt player.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby LuvsFooty » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:27 am

damian wrote:

Under Mount Compass rules, he’s a zero pointer. Didn’t play in 2020, played a few games in 2019.

Under the rules everyone else plays by, he’s a 3pt player.

Got him as a zero pointer, but played him as 3. Reverts to 0 points on Wednesday, that’s the 24 months from his last game
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy