Price of a Coach 2019

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Price of a Coach 2019

Postby magpiemaster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi, I’m working with a local footy club. We have been lucky enough to have the same coach for the last 10 years. Many things have changed the landscape over that time. We are trying to gain an understanding of how much we need to be prepared to spend to get a coach. We have had many applicants to the position and they all expect remuneration. Is there a base figure you would suggest for a decent league in the country? What prices have you heard others on?

Any help greatly appreciated.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby jake the snake » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Local or non local?

Playing or non playing!?

I’d think most country coaches would be on 8-10k
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby SecretInformant » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 am

magpiemaster wrote:Hi, I’m working with a local footy club. We have been lucky enough to have the same coach for the last 10 years. Many things have changed the landscape over that time. We are trying to gain an understanding of how much we need to be prepared to spend to get a coach. We have had many applicants to the position and they all expect remuneration. Is there a base figure you would suggest for a decent league in the country? What prices have you heard others on?

I know some Hills clubs are paying up and over 20k now for their coaches. That works out to just under $600 a week across the season (If you estimate the season to be 34 weeks- 12 of preseason, 22 of games). It's a full time job coaching now.
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:12 am

magpiemaster wrote:Hi, I’m working with a local footy club. We have been lucky enough to have the same coach for the last 10 years. Many things have changed the landscape over that time. We are trying to gain an understanding of how much we need to be prepared to spend to get a coach. We have had many applicants to the position and they all expect remuneration. Is there a base figure you would suggest for a decent league in the country? What prices have you heard others on?

What league are you talking about? Depending on where you are coaching I guess.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby magpiemaster » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Looking at Local and non local. Most people I have spoken to said about 20k. I guess they start their work in dec. 3 days a week for about 6 months and a few months pre season. Probably worth every bit of 20k. The league is One if Hills, Barossa or Southern. So a solid league.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:40 am

Know for a fact that there are multiple playing coaches in the Barossa getting around $30K.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 am

Personally I just cant see how a playing coach can work. Captaining cricket whilst also worrying about own performance is hard enough, I couldn't imagine how football/playing coaches do it.

Is there many cases of playing/coaching winning premierships. My experience has been that it is very rare but happy to be wrong.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:20 pm

whufc wrote:Personally I just cant see how a playing coach can work. Captaining cricket whilst also worrying about own performance is hard enough, I couldn't imagine how football/playing coaches do it.

Is there many cases of playing/coaching winning premierships. My experience has been that it is very rare but happy to be wrong.

in recent times:
Luke Slattery - Crystal Brook
Liam Whitwell - BSR
Todd Miles/Alan Obst - Barossa
I'd say that you'd need a quality assistant coach sitting on the bench during the game.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby barrys antz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
whufc wrote:Personally I just cant see how a playing coach can work. Captaining cricket whilst also worrying about own performance is hard enough, I couldn't imagine how football/playing coaches do it.

in recent times:
Luke Slattery - Crystal Brook
Liam Whitwell - BSR
Todd Miles/Alan Obst - Barossa
I'd say that you'd need a quality assistant coach sitting on the bench during the game.

You mean the real coach sitting on the sidelines. Player coaches in a lot of cases at the moment are just an easy way to get around salary cap rules as you only need to put $350 a week into the salary cap.
barrys antz
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Know for a fact that there are multiple playing coaches in the Barossa getting around $30K.

There's a few playing assistant coaches on $30K as well isn't there?? ;)
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy