HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Legs Man » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:01 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Did i read right that Euchunga had a 16 and 17yr old in their A grade premiership team?

Presumably these kids were played because they were at a stage of development that saw them need to be tested at a higher level. Im sure Uchunga could have kept them in the senior colts and maybe picked up the required wins to satisfy the club points system but they put the development of these kids ahead of that.
The whole clubs points system is counter productive to developing talented kids to reach their highest potential IMO.
Successful junior sides is largely do to population which results in more kids of averge ability, it doesnt necessarilytranslate to A Grade standard footballers in the future.

Yes Schumacer and Miller were both under 18 and have what it takes to play senior football.
We have been playing a number of Junior players across the season as that is best preparation for the future.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:19 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Did i read right that Euchunga had a 16 and 17yr old in their A grade premiership team?

Presumably these kids were played because they were at a stage of development that saw them need to be tested at a higher level. Im sure Uchunga could have kept them in the senior colts and maybe picked up the required wins to satisfy the club points system but they put the development of these kids ahead of that.

Just to clarify - both of these boys played senior colts as well. It was hardly a case of Echunga putting their development ahead of the club points system. I'm guessing that on occasions it also helped to have the -1 point on the A-grade team sheet.

In fact, when we played them, one of these lads played senior colts, B grade and A grade all in the one day (quite an effort - albeit rather desperate).
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Legs Man » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

Just to clarify - both of these boys played senior colts as well. It was hardly a case of Echunga putting their development ahead of the club points system. I'm guessing that on occasions it also helped to have the -1 point on the A-grade team sheet.

In fact, when we played them, one of these lads played senior colts, B grade and A grade all in the one day (quite an effort - albeit rather desperate).

Desperation wins Grand Finals!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:26 pm

The Panther wrote:Just my opinion :

Yes the original understanding of the rules are that Echunga finished in the relagation position ( there may be a loop hole, but do we want to have legal issues every year ? ) .

But,

Do we want the club which won the A grade premiership going back to country. I would suggest that only people with certain agendas would say yes.

We want the HFL being held up in good light and relagating the premiers would certainly not do this.

It will take a resposible vote from the clubs, made with the best intentions for the HFL competition.

" Heads over hearts on this one ".

Absolutely, wherever Echunga play next year will naturally become the focal division as they are the defending premiers. Does the HFL want the remaining clubs left in Country Division to be playing in the main division at the expense of the current Central clubs and Mt Lofty?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:42 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
The Panther wrote:Just my opinion :

Yes the original understanding of the rules are that Echunga finished in the relagation position ( there may be a loop hole, but do we want to have legal issues every year ? ) .

But,

Do we want the club which won the A grade premiership going back to country. I would suggest that only people with certain agendas would say yes.

We want the HFL being held up in good light and relagating the premiers would certainly not do this.

It will take a resposible vote from the clubs, made with the best intentions for the HFL competition.

" Heads over hearts on this one ".

Absolutely, wherever Echunga play next year will naturally become the focal division as they are the defending premiers. Does the HFL want the remaining clubs left in Country Division to be playing in the main division at the expense of the current Central clubs and Mt Lofty?

How about Superbowl Sunday, HFL edition? It could be a week after the GF's and feature the best two sides of the HFL. The winner of country v the winner of central; sticks v 'burbs.

Yanking it up the event could be sponsored by the lobey bierhaus and their buffalo wings. Not sure about the half time show? Muscle cars from birdwood museum, octoberfest suited-up ladies from Hahndorf, or tumbleweeds from Sedan?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Champ » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:00 pm

To clarify, you're an idiot! Check the points out and you will quickly realise that Echunga were below their weighting more often than not when any under age players were promoted. By the look of it these were on of 4 or 5 kids that played up.
They just won a premiership as senior colts and that's something we should all celebrate as it's great for he HFL you dimwit! Plus if one kid played three games clearly the demons didn't rate your A'Grade and maybe rightly so looking at the A'Grade scores.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Champ » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:09 pm

An 11 team comp is needed for one season.
This is an extraordinary circumstance.
Sense should prevail over personal endeavour.
To send a club like Echunga back is simply stupid! Can you imagine what the central division premiers would do to clubs in country division! Mt lofty finished dead last in both senior grades and still went undefeated.
We've seen what happens when the club is put to the wall so if I were a country club I'd be hoping to god that I wouldn't have to waste another season spending cash and trying to improve my club only to know I'm an also ran.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Legs Man » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Anyone heard whether the league has called a meeting - or are they sitting on their hands again hoping it will go away?

I am truly hoping that they are being proactive this time.

Surely the debacle of last year wont happen again?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Legs Man wrote:Anyone heard whether the league has called a meeting - or are they sitting on their hands again hoping it will go away?

The HFL have been proactively communicating with all clubs in relation to this issue, but to be fair, they don't need to call a meeting until the December AGM, where they will follow the promotion/relegation by-laws as voted by the clubs in 2013.

If a club wants to propose a by-law change for season 2015 then they can call a Special General Meeting and put it to the vote of all HFL clubs. Clearly Echunga are considering doing this as they have been contacting all clubs to see whether there's support to change the by-law that dictates that Central Division can have no more than 10 teams. If there's support for an 11 team comp, then they'll be safe. But either way, the ball is in Echunga's court.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby jumbo20 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:40 pm

I have to make the comment apart from Echunga's situation, what benefit is there to any other club to a 11 team comp?I just cant see any
jumbo20
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:55 pm

Legs Man wrote:Anyone heard whether the league has called a meeting - or are they sitting on their hands again hoping it will go away?

The HFL have been proactively communicating with all clubs in relation to this issue, but to be fair, they don't need to call a meeting until the December AGM, where they will follow the promotion/relegation by-laws as voted by the clubs in 2013.

If a club wants to propose a by-law change for season 2015 then they can call a Special General Meeting and put it to the vote of all HFL clubs. Clearly Echunga are considering doing this as they have been contacting all clubs to see whether there's support to change the by-law that dictates that Central Division can have no more than 10 teams. If there's support for an 11 team comp, then they'll be safe. But either way, the ball is in Echunga's court.

Sounds proactive :roll:
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby supercoach » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Elmer J good post. It is not up to the HFL. They simply administer the rules as set by the clubs of which Echunga was in agreement to last december. Echunga have kinda shit in their own nest as they argued strongly last year re by laws and supported the relegation system. I bet they never ever expected this to happen. I agree it may not seem fair but as they have been a bit arrogant etc along the way clubs may vote against them in spite. I hope that is not the case as even though there is no benefit to a lot of clubs the competition being even as it is can support it - still have 20 games and 2 byes and the season runs the same length. The comp is that close that any one of the 11 teams with luck on their side could win. Echungas problem still remains the fact the rest of their club is shit. Good oval and an expensive A grade side only gets you so far. Think you will find the has been is correct and there is a draft draw out for an 11 team comp. Wont be voted on till Dec unless Echunga gets off their arse stop whinging, The rest of us really dont give a stuff.
supercoach
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby Champ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:10 pm

supercoach wrote:Elmer J good post. It is not up to the HFL. They simply administer the rules as set by the clubs of which Echunga was in agreement to last december. Echunga have kinda shit in their own nest as they argued strongly last year re by laws and supported the relegation system. I bet they never ever expected this to happen. I agree it may not seem fair but as they have been a bit arrogant etc along the way clubs may vote against them in spite. I hope that is not the case as even though there is no benefit to a lot of clubs the competition being even as it is can support it - still have 20 games and 2 byes and the season runs the same length. The comp is that close that any one of the 11 teams with luck on their side could win. Echungas problem still remains the fact the rest of their club is shit. Good oval and an expensive A grade side only gets you so far. Think you will find the has been is correct and there is a draft draw out for an 11 team comp. Wont be voted on till Dec unless Echunga gets off their arse stop whinging, The rest of us really dont give a stuff.

If it isn't old supersourcoach!
18 other clubs thought Echunga would never play finals in any grade so thats a mute point.
Echunga have been arrogant! Thats just laughable.
The benefit to 11 teams is simple:
1) High quality, reputable and respectable Central Division
2) Beginning of an evenly contested Country Division

Referring to Echungas club as shit with an expensive A'grade only indicates how credible your opinion actually is. Why you would refer to junior footballers in that type of term is beyond me and as for an expensive A'grade then I think you need to scan the team list again as I believe a great deal of those blokes were players who weren't good enough for senior footy at other hills clubs and so on. Not forgetting that the rest have played country div or junior footy at the club so please explain in any detail you have to the expensive list and how it differs to any other of the 19 HFL clubs?!
Champ
Under 18s

Postby overthehill » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:41 am

From all the talk around town, the way Echunga have really gone out and about with this campaign slagging off the HFL has annoyed a lot of people. Are you guys all aware that you are relying on the vote of 18 clubs and not the board? The way you have brought the league into disrepute will not sit very well with the clubs and i think you will now fall on your swords as the clubs will not be willing the fight by your side because of this.
The on field performances of your A grade has been 1st class and the rest of your teams are not quite ready for central division yet. I take my hat of to the EFC for its efforts and either way im sure you will play in Central Division in 2016. You now have a big opportunity to leverage what you have built this year and go and win 4 country division flags as Mt Lofty did this year.
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:49 am

overthehill wrote:From all the talk around town, the way Echunga have really gone out and about with this campaign slagging off the HFL has annoyed a lot of people. Are you guys all aware that you are relying on the vote of 18 clubs and not the board? The way you have brought the league into disrepute will not sit very well with the clubs and i think you will now fall on your swords as the clubs will not be willing the fight by your side because of this.
The on field performances of your A grade has been 1st class and the rest of your teams are not quite ready for central division yet. I take my hat of to the EFC for its efforts and either way im sure you will play in Central Division in 2016. You now have a big opportunity to leverage what you have built this year and go and win 4 country division flags as Mt Lofty did this year.

from all the talk out side the league is that it's laughable that a side can get relegated after winning a flag!!!! The league are the ones who have made this whole situation a joke..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby R. White » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:24 am

Surely the better country teams will vote for an 11 team comp to keep Echunga or Bridgy out as it takes away their chance at an A grade flag. I would also think that the likes of Bridgy, hahndorf, tv, and ironbank would vote for the 11 team comp because if they don't, one of them s likely to be the team facing relegation the next year. So if you put Echunga and lofty in with them and add the top teams from country it only need a couple more clubs support to get over the line. If lofty or any of the central clubs vote for relegation and Echunga end up going down, then it is just sour grapes and the winner of next years premiership would be hollow to say the least. Lofty have great club pride and I would think they would want the chance to play against the team that put them in this position. I would be very disappointed should lofty vote the other way, it goes against everything the club stands for (or used to)
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Why do Echunga need to do anything, it is Bridgewater's problem
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby chopper7 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:43 pm

11 team comp won't work, the season will drag out too long. You throw in the 2 byes for each other ontop of the interleague and country champs bye the season ends up being 2 weeks longer. Which I don't think the HFL will support at this stage, I think you'll find most clubs will go with the old 'rules are rules' and Echunga just need to suck it up and move on. The rule was brought in for this exact reason, which is to prevent a club coming in and just going bang, buying an A grade flag and the rest of their clubs performances being ordinary. There won't be any major changes to the comp until 2016.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Whos ya daddy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Why do Echunga need to do anything, it is Bridgewater's problem

Although I totally agree with you LGIL in the way the by laws are written that the finals games are included in the points system, unfortunately for Echunga the interpretation of the by laws deems that the season ends at Rd 18. So unless Echunga are willing to take it to court (where they would probably win as the by laws are poorly written in a legal sense, but how much will that cost them in legal fees) I think they are shit outta luck and are the team in the gun to go down.
If Echunga does take this to court to challenge the by laws I think shit might hit the fan for the HFL as it could bring into question many of the other rules stated in the by laws.
Whos ya daddy

Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy