20%
Mitchell Park
4%
OSB/Lonsdale
2%

Total votes : 55

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby turk186 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:11 pm

Always makes me smile when I see posts about who was missing from teams after they have a loss yet nothing (obviously) after a win....there was a post in another division recently that indicated that most teams get injuries and rarely be at full strength and certainly not for a lot of games in a row at this time of the year.
I spoke to the Greenies pres who rekons they would be 6 - 8 players short of their best 21 for every game played so far this season, it all comes back to how well the players who get the opportunity to play in the A's handle themselves. So it would be fair to say that the Dragons players are doing it as well if not better than the opposition they have faced this year so far.
Based on that Greenies would be tough to beat if they get many of those missing players back on the park as the season progresses.
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby Pag » Tue May 11, 2021 7:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:I see Adam Freeman has jumped ship from Elizabeth to Central United also.. will be a handy inclusion.

Where is the loyalty though? Blokes sniff a possibility of a flag down the road and they all jump ship.

Mate I hope you’re not surprised. You know as well as I do this is an annual tradition in the northern suburbs, just the question of which club each year.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Homer J » Tue May 11, 2021 9:10 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:if Freeman becomes a Unit he will add depth to their "B" grade as who would he kick out of the side as he has points.

Pretty sure Adam played junior footy at Central United.
Homer J
Rookie

Been liked: 43 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 11, 2021 9:39 pm

**** for a club who have hardly had juniors since the start of the millennium you sure have plenty of “returning juniors”
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Wed May 12, 2021 9:43 am

The Bedge wrote:**** for a club who have hardly had juniors since the start of the millennium you sure have plenty of “returning juniors”

In all seriousness as I don't know how it works but is there a requirement to evidence a player is actually a returning junior or is just a trust thing.

eg. what would happen if another club or person claimed someone wasn't legitimately a returning junior.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 12, 2021 11:11 am

whufc wrote:In all seriousness as I don't know how it works but is there a requirement to evidence a player is actually a returning junior or is just a trust thing.

eg. what would happen if another club or person claimed someone wasn't legitimately a returning junior.

If called out, you'd have to prove it.. for the purpose of the points system though, it's 25 games of junior footy which only counts from over 12 to 18 - they play for premiership points, so should be easy to prove.

For what it's worth, Freeman is like 23, means he would have had to have played juniors for the units minimum 2 seasons (they're generally 12 game seasons) from 2010 to 2016 roughly.

When was the last season CU had a upper junior side?
Last edited by The Bedge on Wed May 12, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Homer J » Wed May 12, 2021 11:35 am

The Bedge wrote:
When was the last season CU had a upper junior side?

CU had Juniors until 2014 in NEMJFL, they still had up to U/16's in 2013, from memory Adam played with my son around 2010 or 2011.
Homer J
Rookie

Been liked: 43 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 12, 2021 12:51 pm

Note: I'm not suggesting that Units are doing anything untoward with points either. Fenwick is an honest engine who works his arse off around the club, he's certainly not going to jeopardise any potential for much craved success around the footy club.

I have no doubt he would've done his due diligence on the matter.

Also, despite recruiting 70% of the Northern suburbs, it is good to see the units back up and winning games again - and hopefully a long awaited return to finals footy. A healthy CU makes for a healthy comp, which makes for a healthier league.

It's also good to see that D7 isn't a 1 or 2 horse race this year unlike some previous years.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Wed May 12, 2021 3:43 pm

turk186 wrote:Always makes me smile when I see posts about who was missing from teams after they have a loss yet nothing (obviously) after a win....there was a post in another division recently that indicated that most teams get injuries and rarely be at full strength and certainly not for a lot of games in a row at this time of the year.
I spoke to the Greenies pres who rekons they would be 6 - 8 players short of their best 21 for every game played so far this season, it all comes back to how well the players who get the opportunity to play in the A's handle themselves. So it would be fair to say that the Dragons players are doing it as well if not better than the opposition they have faced this year so far.
Based on that Greenies would be tough to beat if they get many of those missing players back on the park as the season progresses.

No one from the Units have made any excuses about players missing. Only Demon Juke and WHUFC have made comments about who was missing and neither are connected to the club. A club can only field what they believe is their best 21 available players, the same as the opposition and the team which kicks the most wins. Greenacres with their added pressure, perceived and actual, and their counter attacks exposed the Units' disposals and at the end of the day they deserved to win. Set up the win in the first, kicking 5 into the breeze.Talking to Greenies players after the game they indicated that they were missing 2 to 3 players as well. That's my thoughts, purely a spectator of the game, who will look to find another good contest next week.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Demon Juke » Wed May 12, 2021 9:10 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:
turk186 wrote:Always makes me smile when I see posts about who was missing from teams after they have a loss yet nothing (obviously) after a win....there was a post in another division recently that indicated that most teams get injuries and rarely be at full strength and certainly not for a lot of games in a row at this time of the year.

No one from the Units have made any excuses about players missing. Only Demon Juke and WHUFC have made comments about who was missing and neither are connected to the club. A club can only field what they believe is their best 21 available players, the same as the opposition and the team which kicks the most wins. Greenacres with their added pressure, perceived and actual, and their counter attacks exposed the Units' disposals and at the end of the day they deserved to win. Set up the win in the first, kicking 5 into the breeze.Talking to Greenies players after the game they indicated that they were missing 2 to 3 players as well. That's my thoughts, purely a spectator of the game, who will look to find another good contest next week.

Dont need to be connected to have a opinion, just watch the game. I never said Greenacres didn't deserve to win, they took there chances and the units didn't. In the my post Old Fellow I said the same things that you did as to why i thought they lost. I not stupid enough to think Greenacres where at football strength, just like the units weren't. Not many teams are at full strength any week. i just know some of the quality they had missing but don't know all your players. Where you at the game Turk as i sure Gibson kicked 2 goals in the first qtr but not recored on the website? I was a great game to watch and the standard was pretty good also and i thought it was umpired pretty well. I think the 2 teams will be right in the mix at the pointer end of the season on what I saw on Saturday.
Last edited by Demon Juke on Wed May 12, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Demon Juke » Wed May 12, 2021 9:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Put Dempsey, Lane, Porter up there gives a Greenacres a few more headaches to shut down and other lane in ruck, then you have Mark to put back in defence.

Who makes way for those lads? Pretty tight squeeze on points at the moment, given Units still fielded 15pts Saturday.

Dempsey is a 3 point player, so they would have to replace 1 of their other 5 x 3 point players, he would be in their top 1 or 2 recruits. Believe 6 of them have never all been available at one time, so they haven't had that problem.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby turk186 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:25 pm

Yep I was there..I'm heading down tomorrow evening for a beer or 2 so I'll ask the question.
Last edited by turk186 on Thu May 13, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Postby MarionPremers2018 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:42 pm

Besides the top 3 stand out teams in div7. Who out side of that could cause problems come finals I'm thinking Adelaide Lutheran
MarionPremers2018

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby turk186 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Just had it confirmed Gibo got 3.... 2 in the first quarter...I believe it has been amended at league level.
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Postby morell » Thu May 13, 2021 8:03 pm

Well thank goodness for that. Now I can sleep at night
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Demon Juke » Thu May 13, 2021 10:56 pm

turk186 wrote:Just had it confirmed Gibo got 3.... 2 in the first quarter...I believe it has been amended at league level.

Thats good my eyes didn't deceive me after all. I thought maybe he kicks that many he didn't care, I know if every kicked a goal i would tell everyone :D
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby harambe1 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:18 pm

adelaide lutheran premiers 2021
harambe1
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Executive Member » Fri May 14, 2021 8:54 am

harambe1 wrote:adelaide lutheran premiers 2021

well that's a given in the B Grade
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Fri May 14, 2021 11:11 am

Pag wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I see Adam Freeman has jumped ship from Elizabeth to Central United also.. will be a handy inclusion.

Where is the loyalty though? Blokes sniff a possibility of a flag down the road and they all jump ship.

Mate I hope you’re not surprised. You know as well as I do this is an annual tradition in the northern suburbs, just the question of which club each year.

Leaving Elizabeth 5-0 to Units 4-1.. I wouldnt call that jumping ship sniffing a flag haha
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri May 14, 2021 12:35 pm

Central United won’t have to worry about their points players for much longer.. Some quality walking out the door last night!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League