VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:your clubs demise has nothing to do with the structure of the league

dont gaming blaming us for your poor techniques off the field to attract players.

when your club dies dont go blaming cgraders, cos it was cgraders who took you to your infamous premiership, so high & mighty superstar champions just beat a cgrader in the granny

when you fail to reward players for their ability & skill with any form of remuneration then you are now getting what you give - sweet nothing.

you & your club caused your death not mine

The same accusations can be levelled at your club.

Perhaps your own club is to blame for lack of player retention in the last 12 months and that it is you and your club causing the death of your C-grade.

Not to mention their incredible subs Q and the cost of apparel. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Trader » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:47 pm

marbles wrote:meanwhile in div 8 - the boys are having a wonderful time - why? because in div 8 there is no virus. they are immune of demoralization, enthusiasm remains high, energy is up beat

Not everyone is happy in Div 8 & 8R, in fact, a lot of teams are unhappy with Hope Valley "doing a henley" and stacking the D's. There is even talk of sides switching their C's and D's when they play Hope Valley just so their lads can get an even hitout in both grades.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:55 pm

The only thing that frustrates me more than this whole stupid thread are all you clowns that actually get suckered in by the bullshit and respond to it

Never argue with an idiot - bystanders won't know the difference :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1745 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:42 am

marbles wrote:also note wingfield could merge with flinders uni???

For a merger to work, the clubs combining need to have something to bring to the table to make it work.
Two struggling clubs merging, just results in another struggling club.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Cohiba » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:40 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
marbles wrote:also note wingfield could merge with flinders uni???

For a merger to work, the clubs combining need to have something to bring to the table to make it work.
Two struggling clubs merging, just results in another struggling club.

Agree.....demographically I doubt the twain would ever meet in this case.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:19 am

marbles wrote:firstly im certain smosh & shocs, flinders parks will be nominating for div 8. plus im what makes you think TTG GG & PAC have any interest in coming to div 7 to be infected by the corroding div 7 virus??
Firstly, learn to quote brah, its not hard.

Who knows?! Who knows where clubs will and won’t want to be next year. There are plenty of C Grade clubs that enjoy the environment of D7 and the challenges it provides. Historically, yours has been one of them! And it has a proud and successful history in D7. One mediocre year (and hardly bad!) and you want to chuck the towel in. One word for that – weak.

marbles wrote: i think your over dramatizing things here to suit your own agenda :) its a small shift for 1 season and if you dont win the flag or dont make the finals, then face being shifted down 1 division - your club ranking still doesnt change your still the 51st best club in the league :shock:
Bullshit! You are saying to those clubs - your entire year has been a waste. You have slogged in the rain and put your body on the line to get yourself to a Grand Final, you have sponsors on board reliant on moving up divisions, you have players and coaches on board reliant on moving up divisions, but you know what? **** you, now, we’re taking that away because …. Henley haven’t made the finals in their C Grade for the first time in years?!?! How can you possibly think that is an acceptable argument!?!?

Get out of your Henley bubble, go and visit a club in the lower-ish divisions and experience what is like trying to climb divisions and the tireless work involved to do so. Imagine telling Mawson Lakes after they had finally climbed out of D7 to get to D6 after a few years of close failure, that sorry, can’t happen, because C graders want to just play with C Graders. Oh yeah, the side that just beat you in the GF? Yeah, they’re a C Grade side.

You also put clubs at risk as, if things go as imagined, but your stupid solution somehow magically got implemented, it would mean 3 or 4 “left over” A Grade clubs – like mine - that have nowhere to play. Can you try, just try, and think about what it would mean to those clubs to effectively have no division to play in, no clear direction and ultimately doom rapidly approaching.

What is more important, a slightly more happy third grade side of an already very successful player and money laden super club … or the survival of 4 clubs with many years of rich football history?

The answer to that question will reveal a lot about you as a football person.

marbles wrote: theres no ingle farm, west croyden, rosewater, or BOS in the new div 7. the huge thrashings we see in div 6 this year wont be so common in the new div 7 next year. therell be wins available for the 4 teams you listed above, and if MP actually pay someone you may even make finals. also note wingfield could merge with flinders uni???
Sure, but the reality of trying to implement that division means screwing over several other clubs.

Your solution simply cannot work, it has way too many points of failure, it adversely affects too many whilst advantaging very few.

marbles wrote: so its not worth the extra revenue for the league to expand their portfolio??
Sure! But they don't need this terrible idea to go ahead to be able to do that.

marbles wrote: its for the benefit of 18 clubs with c & d grade teams, 18 * 50 men = 900 footballers
hahah, this is such utter bullshit, and by using numbers you have actually shot your own argument in the foot - people from your club have already indicated that they don’t want this, so even if you have say, a third of your C Grade on board with your theory (which I doubt), that would make it 8 footballers. There have been countless examples of C Grade clubs in this very thread which have said they don’t want your solution, so say even if half of them do, and it’s a third of those clubs, that makes it more like 9 clubs, with 8 blokes in them, so 72 footballers.

Compared to hmmmm about 50 other clubs with say, on average, 60 footballers in there that definitely wouldn’t want this, so 3000 footballers.

So you’re saying, lets give 72 footballers what they want, and to hell with the 3000. Is that your argument? Are you absolutely sure this is what you’re publically saying? Have a slow think about it...
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Informer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:28 am

I have a headache
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am

The_Informer wrote:I have a headache

Effectively, it comes down to this:

marbles wrote:i dont care about anyones backyard other than Henley's. good luck.
morell
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 am

morell wrote:
The_Informer wrote:I have a headache

Effectively, it comes down to this:

marbles wrote:i dont care about anyones backyard other than Henley's. good luck.

More aptly marbles doesn't care about anyone other than Henley's C Grade's backyard.

The Club favours its C Graders playing Div 7 as the higher standard makes its fringe players more prepared to play Div 1 and 1R. Henley is about winning Div 1 Flags. Marbles is the one about winning C Grade flags.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 726 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 am

awesome rant mate

all derived at the refusal to believe that cgraders playing agraders is total bullshit

u continue to belittle cgraders as if theyre not important and their existance in div 7 is there only to keep minion agrade clubs alive.

one person has spoken out from my club and he will come to terms when he realizes hierarchy at my club agree with me. because just like your club we are in crisis just like shocs, flinders parks, and every other cgrader in div 7 who are tired of being having their saturday demoralized by men who can be f##ked training

u gotta realize no matter where your club is placed mitchell park need 50-60 blokes to stay alive. thats your first priority and who gives a damn what comp ur in

seasons end i believe we'll all nominate for div 8 because we need to survive too. i honestly believe if 18 clubs are wanting a cgrade comp of their own then the league must cooperate with its blue chip clubs first. legally i believe thered be no requirement for the whole league to vote on this

so how about u worry about getting players first morrel, it makes no difference what div your in, just look at kilburn, theyrr in the exact same fight as u and they gotta do it in div 4. i dont hear them crying about how cgrade clubs have to keep them alive
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am

marbles wrote:firstly im certain smosh & shocs, flinders parks will be nominating for div 8. plus im what makes you think TTG GG & PAC have any interest in coming to div 7 to be infected by the corroding div 7 virus??

You've got your division messed up mate. I've noticed it tends to be when the sides move to Div 6 that they have trouble dominating - not D7.

Recent seasons:
D7: SHOC & Henley both won 8 games each, and finished 1 game out of the 5
D7R: Henley d Flinders Park in the Grand Final - both D grade sides.

D7: Mitchell Park d TTG in the Grand Final. Henley were knocked out in the Prelim from TTG.
D7R: TTG d Flinders Uni in the Grand Final

D6R: Kenilworth d Adelaide Uni in the Grand Final
D7: SHOC d Mawson Lakes in the Grand Final
D7R: SHOC d Modbury in the Grand Final, Henley finished 4th

Looks to me like the C/D grade sides more than hold their own in Div 7..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:49 am

morell wrote:
marbles wrote: i think your over dramatizing things here to suit your own agenda :) its a small shift for 1 season and if you dont win the flag or dont make the finals, then face being shifted down 1 division - your club ranking still doesnt change your still the 51st best club in the league :shock:

You also put clubs at risk as, if things go as imagined, but your stupid solution somehow magically got implemented, it would mean 3 or 4 “left over” A Grade clubs – like mine - that have nowhere to play. Can you try, just try, and think about what it would mean to those clubs to effectively have no division to play in, no clear direction and ultimately doom rapidly approaching.

What is more important, a slightly more happy third grade side of an already very successful player and money laden super club … or the survival of 4 clubs with many years of rich football history?

The answer to that question will reveal a lot about you as a football person.

At this risk of agreeing with Marbles, I actually don't care if the bottom 4 clubs all fall over. Survival of the fittest and all that. Your players can be taken up by the bigger clubs around you, therefore filling the last two spots in Super C&D #2!!!

The reason this won't get up is because all the middle ground clubs won't vote for it. Why would a div 5 club be happy for the bottom 4 or whatever it is under Marbles' proposal slide down to Div 6 next year?

Footy Chick wrote:The only thing that frustrates me more than this whole stupid thread are all you clowns that actually get suckered in by the bullshit and respond to it

Never argue with an idiot - bystanders won't know the difference :roll:

Nothing else to talk about.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Trader wrote:At this risk of agreeing with Marbles, I actually don't care if the bottom 4 clubs all fall over. Survival of the fittest and all that. Your players can be taken up by the bigger clubs around you, therefore filling the last two spots in Super C&D #2!!!
Yeah sure, I would agree with you if we're talking about Henley's or PAC's A Grade, but we're not, you would be killing off those bottom 4 clubs for effectively C Grade preferences, likes and wants. Which is just fundamentally ridiculous. Keep going and eventually you will have Henley Blue Vs Henley Gold and PAC Green Vs PAC Red.

A club surviving should get priority over C Grade division preference.

Trader wrote:The reason this won't get up is because all the middle ground clubs won't vote for it. Why would a div 5 club be happy for the bottom 4 or whatever it is under Marbles' proposal slide down to Div 6 next year?
They wouldn't be, that is just one of almost enumerate reasons why this is a profoundly stupid idea.

Now get back to work you lazy Council worker.
morell
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:27 pm

[quote="morell"]

I daresay the Clubs that have C Grade and even D Grades.....would argue the point.....SAAFL's History pages a full of Clubs with traditions that have fallen or merged because of circumstances various....."Should get priority" is not a tangible reason IMO.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:31 pm

marbles wrote:awesome rant mate

all derived at the refusal to believe that cgraders playing agraders is total bullshit
It's not total bullshit if they're of the same standard. Our A Grade is the same standard as your C Grade. You keep getting caught up on what letter is in front of the team, who cares if its A Grade, Z Grade or the Pink and Purple grade. What you want is an even competition. Which is admirable and I agree.

The real issue you have is these clubs that drop to D7, find some money, pay some players and all of a sudden become unbeatable.

So rather than having cracks at what letter is on front of the team sheet, have a go at the clubs paying players in your division.

You keep seeing the tree rather than the forest.

marbles wrote:u continue to belittle cgraders as if theyre not important and their existance in div 7 is there only to keep minion agrade clubs alive.
Why would I belittle C Graders? I’m a C Grader you numpty!

C Grades are awesome. I wish we had one this year. They’re great for people to continue playing football past their used by date or for guys that perhaps don’t have the skill set to play A or B grade.

But.

Their preferences come a very distant second to the integrity and structure of the rest of the A Grade competition. Sorry, but that’s just a reality…

marbles wrote:one person has spoken out from my club and he will come to terms when he realizes hierarchy at my club agree with me. because just like your club we are in crisis just like shocs, flinders parks, and every other cgrader in div 7 who are tired of being having their saturday demoralized by men who can be f##ked training
Sure, do what’s best for Henley, if you think Henley should be playing solely against C Grade sides, then do it!

Why completely **** the rest of the comp to do so?

marbles wrote:u gotta realize no matter where your club is placed mitchell park need 50-60 blokes to stay alive. thats your first priority and who gives a damn what comp ur in
I agree. I couldn’t care less where we play next year as long as we play. You have essentially backed up my point! Your idea would put that concept into peril! We will play anywhere and against anyone as long as we field a side.

marbles wrote:seasons end i believe we'll all nominate for div 8 because we need to survive too.
Then that’s fine. Just stop there and leave it at that. Done. Complete. Success. Well done. /thread

marbles wrote: i honestly believe if 18 clubs are wanting a cgrade comp of their own then the league must cooperate with its blue chip clubs first.
bwahaha, your vernacular says a lot. Blue chip. Fair dinkum.

But I actually agree. As I said to Trader, if it was Henley’s A Grade, I would be agreeing with you.

marbles wrote: legally i believe thered be no requirement for the whole league to vote on this
Legally. You can’t even spell, don’t start trying to be a bush lawyer.

marbles wrote: so how about u worry about getting players first morrel, it makes no difference what div your in, just look at kilburn, theyrr in the exact same fight as u and they gotta do it in div 4. i dont hear them crying about how cgrade clubs have to keep them alive
You idiot.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Cohiba wrote:
morell wrote:

I daresay the Clubs that have C Grade and even D Grades.....would argue the point.....SAAFL's History pages a full of Clubs with traditions that have fallen or merged because of circumstances various....."Should get priority" is not a tangible reason IMO.
I am sorry, but a clubs C Grade wanting division x over division y should be considered secondary to a club surviving. It should also be secondary to denying a club promotion or relegating a club undeservedly.

Can't even believe I am arguing this point. Would have thought it was standard fare.
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:40 pm

These teams have coexisted beautifully for well over a decade. They've shared the spoils.

What's changed in 12 months?

Can't we sell the game to young men anymore?

I work in agriculture, the prediction is that 2015 will bring a dry winter...there's a marketing exploit - "You won't have to play in the rain this year!"
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Q. wrote:
I work and play footy in agriculture, the prediction is that 2015 will bring a dry winter...there's a marketing exploit - "You won't have to play in the rain this year!"
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Q. wrote:These teams have coexisted beautifully for well over a decade. They've shared the spoils.

What's changed in 12 months?

Can't we sell the game to young men anymore?

I work in agriculture, the prediction is that 2015 will bring a dry winter...there's a marketing exploit - "You won't have to play in the rain this year!"
There are a myriad of issues related to dwindling playing numbers.

The predominant one is still $.

What it definitely is not is A Grades playing C Grades in D7.
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:55 pm

Q. wrote:I work in agriculture, the prediction is that 2015 will bring a dry winter...there's a marketing exploit - "You won't have to play in the rain this year!"

Agreed! The Positive Indian Ocean Dipole at the moment together with a strong move on the ENSO towards an El Nino event, conditions should be good!
Trader
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League