SAAFL Division 6 2013

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the Division 6 Grand Final?

Adelaide Uni
1%
Blackfriars OS
3%
Central United
8%
Colonel Light Gardens
13%
Lockleys
8%
Mawson Lakes
20%
Mitchell Park
9%
Rosewater
26%
Tea Tree Gully
1%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 106

Re: SAAFL Division 6 2013

Postby Lance's brother » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Lance's brother wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Doghouse9 wrote:Who are everyones early favorites from the teams we know are competing?

Very thought provoking first post there doghouse, welcome to the doghouse ;)

In answer to your question, Mawson Lakes will no doubt be up there as will CLG.

Not expecting much from us then FC?

Did best the D5 premiers last year, well Clancy did ;)

Beaten by a single player? That's embarassing. :)
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby zedman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 pm

watchdog wrote:Heard on the grapevine that 1 div 6 club is looking to appoint joint coaches for seaon 2013?? Any truth??

give us a club watchy! :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm

zedman wrote:
watchdog wrote:Heard on the grapevine that 1 div 6 club is looking to appoint joint coaches for seaon 2013?? Any truth??

Rosies, an on-field and an off-field.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8073 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:33 pm

I thought Brad Horsell was already appointed for 2013, so really they're only looking for 1 coach?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2172 times

Postby BFG » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:41 pm

i miss footy already!

cant wait for 2013 to begin, will mawsons be just as strong? can a young lockleys side improve on their 4th placed finish? will BOS bring some past players back? Will stephen Zweck shout out any more hurtful remarks to opposition players ( nigel no friends was just embarressing mate)

For me the big danger is a Central United, providing they keep some important players, Woodward, Fuller, Hall, Garner, Abdulla. They could be a massive premiership threat.

Mitchell Park will be around the mark again, last year showed that a team coming up from div 7 can do more than compete. dont know a lot about westminster or rosies but no doubt they will be competitive. all in all it shapes as a great year of footy again. probably not quite as close as this year was but who knows!
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
zedman wrote:

Footy Chick wrote:I thought Brad Horsell was already appointed for 2013, so really they're only looking for 1 coach?

Horse is appointed and I have no idea what LM is talking about.

Although that is not as odd as his previous comment about us having had lots of coin to splash around last season but chose not to.

But you never know, we might be looking at an Mick Malthouse / Nathan Buckley arrangement cos we have so much money to throw around.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 660 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby zedman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:11 pm

BFG wrote:i miss footy already!

cant wait for 2013 to begin, will mawsons be just as strong? can a young lockleys side improve on their 4th placed finish? will BOS bring some past players back? Will stephen Zweck shout out any more hurtful remarks to opposition players ( nigel no friends was just embarressing mate)

For me the big danger is a Central United, providing they keep some important players, Woodward, Fuller, Hall, Garner, Abdulla. They could be a massive premiership threat.

Mitchell Park will be around the mark again, last year showed that a team coming up from div 7 can do more than compete. dont know a lot about westminster or rosies but no doubt they will be competitive. all in all it shapes as a great year of footy again. probably not quite as close as this year was but who knows!

i think the team manager said that eh? :)

strangely i heard it was quite an effective sledge and was still being discussed days later! :)
zedman
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:27 pm

BFG wrote:Mitchell Park will be around the mark again, last year showed that a team coming up from div 7 can do more than compete.
I think we will need to add 5+ players of pretty good quality to be really competitive in 2013's D6. It should be a very strong division - Rosies and WOS are strong clubs looking to rebound and the teams that missed out on finals last year were the worst of a very, very good bunch. MPFC Need some key defensive youth in the backline, more quality mids and perhaps a fair dinkum monster ruckman as well.

We will also have a couple that will step down from last years premiership side, so will have to replace those guys too.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby zedman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:43 pm

morell wrote:
BFG wrote:Mitchell Park will be around the mark again, last year showed that a team coming up from div 7 can do more than compete.
I think we will need to add 5+ players of pretty good quality to be really competitive in 2013's D6. It should be a very strong division - Rosies and WOS are strong clubs looking to rebound and the teams that missed out on finals last year were the worst of a very, very good bunch. MPFC Need some key defensive youth in the backline, more quality mids and perhaps a fair dinkum monster ruckman as well.

We will also have a couple that will step down from last years premiership side, so will have to replace those guys too.

zippy? :)
zedman
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm

sprinttospace wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:
sprinttospace wrote:haven't seen angle vale, maybe chuck them in for a change of scenery.
either that or houghton, they're a good bunch of lads.
ingle farm have had their chances.
the c grade sides don't seem to want to play div 6.
looking forward to rosies and westminster os being back in the div, always a good contest and good people.
vaguely recall coming up against mitchell park in our first year in the comp but don't recall much about them.

real keen to find out who the BOSFC A grade coach will be in 2013 as well.

it's all starting again :)

When will they be announcing Deano's replacement Sprint.Has the job closed and any frontrunners that you've heard??Will Bos improve or likely to stay in Div 6 now that the original group (that started the club up) has retired or moved on.Always enjoyed coaching against them.

think it closed on the weekend TT. no rumours floating as yet.

i think they will improve. no indications that i know of that there are players not continuing. you are right, there is probably only 4 or 5 that i can think of off the top of my head that are still there from the first two years. expecting blunt and demasi to play in 2013 after knee reco's at end of 2011.

i'd expect a handful of new players in and maybe a bit of a push to get some past names or old shcolars playing elsewhere to get over to BOS.

Which old scholars are you expecting back sprint? not taking the piss either.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby morell » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:47 pm

zedman wrote:
morell wrote:

zippy? :)
Haha. I don't think so!

I actually played fair bit of footy as an 18 yr old with zips in the guts of the B's when I first got to the club, he taught me a lot.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby sprinttospace » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:47 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
sprinttospace wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:
sprinttospace wrote:haven't seen angle vale, maybe chuck them in for a change of scenery.
either that or houghton, they're a good bunch of lads.
ingle farm have had their chances.
the c grade sides don't seem to want to play div 6.
looking forward to rosies and westminster os being back in the div, always a good contest and good people.
vaguely recall coming up against mitchell park in our first year in the comp but don't recall much about them.

real keen to find out who the BOSFC A grade coach will be in 2013 as well.

it's all starting again :)

When will they be announcing Deano's replacement Sprint.Has the job closed and any frontrunners that you've heard??Will Bos improve or likely to stay in Div 6 now that the original group (that started the club up) has retired or moved on.Always enjoyed coaching against them.

think it closed on the weekend TT. no rumours floating as yet.

i think they will improve. no indications that i know of that there are players not continuing. you are right, there is probably only 4 or 5 that i can think of off the top of my head that are still there from the first two years. expecting blunt and demasi to play in 2013 after knee reco's at end of 2011.

i'd expect a handful of new players in and maybe a bit of a push to get some past names or old shcolars playing elsewhere to get over to BOS.

Which old scholars are you expecting back sprint? not taking the piss either.

i'll continue to work on you. one day you'll surprise me and say 'yep i'm coming back'.
however in answer to your question, i said 'maybe a push to get some past names .... over to BOS'. i'm just guessing what might happen. but, if you agree to return i'll tell you the names i'm thinking of.
hoping to get a spot on the committee for 2013 and continue helping out where i can.
too much history with BOS for me to be a stranger. time for another GF at the end of 2013, its been too long.
sprinttospace

Postby Yank Man » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:04 pm

BFG wrote:i miss footy already!

Reckon Div 6 will be a belter in 2013 BFG. With Rosies and Westminster coming back and Mitchell Park (at least) coming up you can expect some really close games.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Yank Man » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:13 pm

morell wrote:

So clearly morell you don't think Steeley can take on that 'fair dinkum monster ruckman' role. =))
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
zedman wrote:

Footy Chick wrote:I thought Brad Horsell was already appointed for 2013, so really they're only looking for 1 coach?

Horse is appointed and I have no idea what LM is talking about.

Although that is not as odd as his previous comment about us having had lots of coin to splash around last season but chose not to.

But you never know, we might be looking at an Mick Malthouse / Nathan Buckley arrangement cos we have so much money to throw around.

Not bagging your club mate, was just throwing things that I have heard out there. Thought the budget comment was from a very reliable source and I know of a player that you guys are trying to lure............and why wouldn't you.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Easy Miss » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Not bagging your club mate, was just throwing things that I have heard out there. Thought the budget comment was from a very reliable source and I know of a player that you guys are trying to lure............and why wouldn't you.

Have heard they've signed a few midfielders from Mallala or something, done deal already.
Easy Miss
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Not bagging your club mate, was just throwing things that I have heard out there. Thought the budget comment was from a very reliable source and I know of a player that you guys are trying to lure............and why wouldn't you.

I didn't take it as bagging my club, just saying that I didn't think it was accurate.
In regard to the budget thing, whilst we had polenty of cash in the bank, apparently these is some clause when you get a grant for a new building, that you have to spend it on the new building, who would have thought! We had to manage our finances very frugally last year to ensure we survived the season without having to carry over a burdensome debt into the future.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:45 am

Mr Beefy wrote:

I didn't take it as bagging my club, just saying that I didn't think it was accurate.
In regard to the budget thing, whilst we had polenty of cash in the bank, apparently these is some clause when you get a grant for a new building, that you have to spend it on the new building, who would have thought! We had to manage our finances very frugally last year to ensure we survived the season without having to carry over a burdensome debt into the future.

Fair enough, things are looking up it seems, looking for a big year in the new establishment, I might even pop in there for a froffie. ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Fair enough, things are looking up it seems, looking for a big year in the new establishment, I might even pop in there for a froffie. ;)

$5 pints, always welcome.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby old farmer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 am

Yank Man wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Henley don't want to go up when they win grand finals, not much chance of them going up when they don't even make one :lol:

Ingle Farm won't stay up.

Think things at the farm are changing. :lol:

The final decision can't be made until SAAFL and TTG work out whats happening. IF finished 2nd bottom therefore are relegated. If it comes down to 1 up, 1 down and we need to decide what we want to do, then it will be a committee decision and i think there is 11 people involved there this year so there could be a difference of opinions i think. ;)
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League