Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Postby Arch44 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:28 am

I'm hearing a few incidents have occurred recently at junior level including parents. Gaza v Salisbury U/14s on the weekend after the game and at a Salisbury West V Broadview game recently a lad was found by the umpire to have a spanner in his socks?!! and the game called off with incidents getting out of hand. Hope this trend doesn't continue!
All heard 2nd hand of course so with any luck not accurate.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby locky801 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Arch44 wrote:I'm hearing a few incidents have occurred recently at junior level including parents. Gaza v Salisbury U/14s on the weekend after the game and at a Salisbury West V Broadview game recently a lad was found by the umpire to have a spanner in his socks?!! and the game called off with incidents getting out of hand. Hope this trend doesn't continue!

Salisbury West Vs Broadview is not correct, it was a trial game that it occurred in and was not a game Broadview was involved in.

My understanding is that the incident did occur and was dealt with immediately and correctly, wasn't told the game was called off so have no idea about that part of it
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3804 times
Been liked: 1184 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Arch44 wrote:I'm hearing a few incidents have occurred recently at junior level including parents. Gaza v Salisbury U/14s on the weekend after the game and at a Salisbury West V Broadview game recently a lad was found by the umpire to have a spanner in his socks?!! and the game called off with incidents getting out of hand. Hope this trend doesn't continue!

Tightening up the backline perhaps?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Tightening up the backline perhaps?

Sounds like there was a few loose nuts
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Arch44 wrote:Sounds like there was a few loose nuts

You've left it a little open ended.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:45 pm

he was just trying to throw a spanner in the works
locky801
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 25, 2016 1:16 am

Pag wrote:Do North Pines and Edwardstown really have juniors in the same division?

After the fighting and disintegration to stop their juniors from playing in the SFL, they really had a good result there.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby twobob » Wed May 25, 2016 9:53 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Pag wrote:Do North Pines and Edwardstown really have juniors in the same division?

After the fighting and disintegration to stop their juniors from playing in the SFL, they really had a good result there.

The SFL really has to stop looking at itself as a country football league. It is the most lopsided competition in the state and if it doesn't do something about it soon it's inevitable that a number of clubs will go under. I would of thought that having your juniors in the new league may have given your clubs down south more exposure and a chance to promote your league a little more.
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby locky801 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Probably not the right area to bring this up but though no need to start a new Forum as it relates to Junior Footy

Does anyone know how the college football send off rule goes

Reason for my query is we have a player that got sent off in a college game for an incident (not sure if yellow or red card) wasnt there so can t comment on it.

Doubt it was a red card as he just got told that was the penalty

The college then has decided to suspend him for 3 weeks which then we have been told carries over into Development Squad and club games.

Cant see how that is viable, as it has been the college that has suspended him, no lawful tribunal or anything

Anyone knows the answer please let me know
locky801
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 10:04 pm

locky801 wrote:Probably not the right area to bring this up but though no need to start a new Forum as it relates to Junior Footy

Reason for my query is we have a player that got sent off in a college game for an incident (not sure if yellow or red card) wasnt there so can t comment on it.

The college then has decided to suspend him for 3 weeks which then we have been told carries over into Development Squad and club games.

Cant see how that is viable, as it has been the college that has suspended him, no lawful tribunal or anything

A suspension carries over for any competition during the time frame of the suspending association.

An internal suspension is different though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
locky801 wrote:Probably not the right area to bring this up but though no need to start a new Forum as it relates to Junior Footy

A suspension carries over for any competition during the time frame of the suspending association.

Is School football an organised association though? With supposed inaccurate records of the competition one might seriously doubt it.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:40 am

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Is School football an organised association though? With supposed inaccurate records of the competition one might seriously doubt it.

Nah, everyone just turns up at an oval near them

www.saas.asn.au

Even got their own constitution and administrator.....
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1089 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 27, 2016 11:57 am

Just my opinion but if a college bans a player for three weeks it must be something reasonably serious therefore the club should respect that decision and not play him no matter how important he is to the team. If the club plays him it doesn't teach him a thing
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 27, 2016 12:07 pm

http://www.saas.asn.au/saas/flexipage.aspx?PageId=358
Rule 13: If a player is sent from the ground for a reportable offence, the Umpire must complete a SAAS Report Form and hand it to the player’s coach. The player’s coach is required to present it to his Principal for appropriate action. A copy of the SAAS form with the results of any action is sent to the opposing School Principal (if necessary) and the SAAS Executive Officer.

I guess if the SAAS Exec accepts it then he should probably be suspended from all football until suspension is completed.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby locky801 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Thanks everyone, that answers my question :D
locky801
Coach

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Hows the SANFL Junior going in it's first season to the half way mark, anyone got any major concerns or issues or is all rosey :D
locky801
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Our area has been good IMO. Good quality football been played in the divisions I have seen

Umpires have improved greatly this season, last couple of weeks not so much but early season they were great.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Not exactly on topic.. But I want to comment on a situation today that 12hrs later has me still cranky.

The display, attitude and demeanour of the Golden Grove U9 coach today was nothing short of disgraceful. If he was a member of my club I would be embarrassed to have him involved!

An U9's game at Golden Grove in conditions that the bravest struggle to play in.. Freezing cold, strong ice cold winds and bucketing rain at 9:30 in the morning - I had half a team of kids crying, shaking and distressed - they didn't want to play, they were clearly upset and they were freezing - some of my lads hands had changed colour, they didn't want to be out there and they definitely were not interesting in even getting a kick - kids let the ball bounce past them on the goal line rather than stick their frozen stinging hands in the way.

At half time in a team full of crying kids who didn't want to play on I pulled the pin - the umpire understood, the parents were thankful... The Golden Grove coach response "that's not f**king good enough, we have come out here, I'm all ready wet..." Blah blah blah..

He then got his kids together - who were also crying and not keen on playing - and gave them a 1980's style bake suitable only for A grade footballers!

To tell kids they must play on and if they don't play now in this weather they will never amount to anything and speak to them like shit was horrid to over hear.

To add to the matter he then made his lads go back out and play an internal trial amongst each other.

Some may think his actions were OK, but I was disgusted and I would never send my kids to the club to be subjected to that military, win at all costs, aggressive bull shit! We don't even keep track of scores in that grade FFS!

Embarrassment to junior football and the GGFC - hope we never cross paths again
Last edited by The Bedge on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:32 pm

Unfortunately still too many of these sort of people coaching junior teams, disgraceful stuff!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:08 am

Zartan wrote:Not exactly on topic.. But I want to comment on a situation today that 12hrs later has me still cranky.

The display, attitude and demeanour of the Golden Grove U9 coach today was nothing short of disgraceful. If he was a member of my club I would be embarrassed to have him involved!

An U9's game at Golden Grove in conditions that the bravest struggle to play in.. Freezing cold, strong ice cold winds and bucketing rain at 9:30 in the morning - I had half a team of kids crying, shaking and distressed - they didn't want to play, they were clearly upset and they were freezing - some of my lads hands had changed colour, they didn't want to be out there and they definitely were not interesting in even getting a kick - kids let the ball bounce past them on the goal line rather than stick their frozen stinging hands in the way.

At half time in a team full of crying kids who didn't want to play on I pulled the pin - the umpire understood, the parents were thankful... The Golden Grove coach response "that's not f**king good enough, we have come out here, I'm all ready wet..." Blah blah blah..

He then got his kids together - who were also crying and not keen on playing - and gave them a 1980's style bake suitable only for A grade footballers!

To tell kids they must play on and if they don't play now in this weather they will never amount to anything and speak to them like shit was horrid to over hear.

To add to the matter he then made his lads go back out and play an internal trial amongst each other.

Some may think his actions were OK, but I was disgusted and I wools never send my kids to the club to be subjected to that military, win at all costs, aggressive bull shit! We don't even keep track of scores in that grade FFS!

Embarrassment to junior football and the GGFC - hope we never cross paths again

Agree a coach should never ever ever tell kids they will never amount to anything

I don't mind games being called off in those conditions for the young juniors but do think there probably needs to be some rules and regulations around it

Situations might arise where a team has been 'losing' (I know no scores are kept) most weeks and kids are struggling to get kicks coz there team doesn't get the ball much, they then come up against a team they are even with and their kids will get a few kicks maybe a few goals etc and the game is called off

The other question is where does it stop, when we were kids we played through everything, now we call games off in freezing conditions (which I think is fine) will the next generation get called off the second it stops raining etc

I remember playing a couple of junior games which no doubt should have been called off and like I said while I'm for games to be called off in freezing conditions like yesterday there probably needs to be some clearer rules and regulations that means volunteer coaches don't need to negotiate calling of a game as rules are in place
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5625 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League