New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:49 pm

I still don't get it, wouldn't that make it only 'arf an oval then? :lol: :oops:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2171 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I still don't get it, wouldn't that make it only 'arf an oval then? :lol: :oops:

think one side Old School Adelaide Oval with the boundary at 90 degrees to the centre square......the other side like a traditional oval with a curve along the length of the oval.
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Terrible ground. Closest would be Plympton, Phos and Edwardstown.

Funnily enough was down there today for a job on Denham Ave which the oval is located on and had a bit of a squizz. What a bizarre oval if you can call it that, no bloody pockets on one side

Hence the Pasty, big fat wing on one side and no wing at all on the other, add in the trees hanging over the ground on the Morphett Rd end it is unique!

Marbles, both Brighton and MV don;t collect entry fee in the SFL....are you saying Marion wanted to keep charging to get in?

id assume no gate revenue would be a huge dent in their capacity to pay bills?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 262 times

Postby S Demon » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:12 am

So if Brighton don't get the 75% of votes from their seniors and juniors, hypothetically what would that mean to Ins and Outs in Div 4/5/6?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (108.14 KiB) Viewed 694 times
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby adr107 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 am

Dutchy wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
jo172 wrote:Read the end of the CEO's Letter.

What does this mean? Sounds like they've got wind of something that might grease the wheels for everyone and the above is the worst case scenario?

History would tell you in recent years that there is every chance of unforseen change

What I read is that a change is very much forseen.

Anyone going to fall over or leave?

Is Houghton heading to the Hills?...... Q to thread in 3,2,1... :axe:

Yep. 1 team. C grade comp Sundays. Bridgewater Callington Raiders v Houghton Raiders.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby godra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:44 am

marbles wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Terrible ground. Closest would be Plympton, Phos and Edwardstown.

Funnily enough was down there today for a job on Denham Ave which the oval is located on and had a bit of a squizz. What a bizarre oval if you can call it that, no bloody pockets on one side

Hence the Pasty, big fat wing on one side and no wing at all on the other, add in the trees hanging over the ground on the Morphett Rd end it is unique!

Marbles, both Brighton and MV don;t collect entry fee in the SFL....are you saying Marion wanted to keep charging to get in?

id assume no gate revenue would be a huge dent in their capacity to pay bills?

The gate collection at Marion Sports and Social Club isn't run by the football club. Other sports are held on the same day (soccer, basketball) in the same precinct and would be unfair on the other teams if the football club was only able to collect the $$$.

In fact, I believe Lions Club collect at the gate. Nothing to do with the footy club at all.
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:00 am

S Demon wrote:So if Brighton don't get the 75% of votes from their seniors and juniors, hypothetically what would that mean to Ins and Outs in Div 4/5/6?

If Brighton don't get the votes and don't come in then I guess the Div 4 Runners Up would be promoted as per usual. If Morphy Park still come into Div 4 then I would think the effects to the Div 5 and 6 runner ups would have to remain in their divisions.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:03 am

Don't know where you're getting Marion from marbles, my info is it was Hackham that explored the option and was denied..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4124 times

Postby zedman » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:15 am

Suri wrote:
S Demon wrote:So if Brighton don't get the 75% of votes from their seniors and juniors, hypothetically what would that mean to Ins and Outs in Div 4/5/6?

If Brighton don't get the votes and don't come in then I guess the Div 4 Runners Up would be promoted as per usual. If Morphy Park still come into Div 4 then I would think the effects to the Div 5 and 6 runner ups would have to remain in their divisions.

no..div 4 is 9 teams..if brighton dont come into div 3 then the following would apply:

2 teams up from 4 -3 as usual leaves 7 teams..2 down from 3-4 leaves 9..
2 teams down from 4-5 as usual leaves 7 teams..2 up from 5-4 leaves 9..
add mpfc and you have a 10 team competition..
or have i missed something?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:16 am

Zartan wrote:Don't know where you're getting Marion from marbles, my info is it was Hackham that explored the option and was denied..

On what grounds would they be denied?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2422 times
Been liked: 3822 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:20 am

zedman wrote:
Suri wrote:

no..div 4 is 9 teams..if brighton dont come into div 3 then the following would apply:

2 teams up from 4 -3 as usual leaves 7 teams..2 down from 3-4 leaves 9..
2 teams down from 4-5 as usual leaves 7 teams..2 up from 5-4 leaves 9..
add mpfc and you have a 10 team competition..
or have i missed something?

Forgot Div 4 only had 9 teams. Well I'll leave it up to the league to try and get rid of the bye.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:27 am

Dutchy wrote:
Zartan wrote:Don't know where you're getting Marion from marbles, my info is it was Hackham that explored the option and was denied..

The letter that FC posted clearly mentions that 1 team was denied
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bandar » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:28 am

Dutchy wrote:

Well they aren't too far from the city centre, how is their disciplinary record?
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:29 am

bandar wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Well they aren't too far from the city centre, how is their disciplinary record?

I'd also be intrigued on how strong their numbers are etc.

Wouldn't be overly thrilled about adding a club who struggles to get a second side on the park.
jo172
Veteran

Has liked: 1219 times
Been liked: 732 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:33 am

It wasn't Marion who were rejected and Marbles is off his Marbles because charging at the gate has nothing to do with it. I think all SFL clubs understand that gate charges are not permitted in the SAAFL other than finals. The money that Marion and Brighton make on their gates would not be a factor in deciding to change leagues.

My understanding is that the rejected club may have been for various reasons in which one was concerns over the clubs on-field disciplinary record. Probably a bit harsh but some media coverage of an incident late last year wouldn't have helped.

For what its worth. The Brighton SGM notice posted above has been amended since first released. The vote to change leagues requires a 50% plus 1 majority. There was some initial confusion due to some elements of the clubs constitution that require a 75% majority.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 299 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:37 am

Have played 2 teams all year without a forfeit....there must be rules for entry somewhere? FC?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:38 am

godra wrote:

The gate collection at Marion Sports and Social Club isn't run by the football club. Other sports are held on the same day (soccer, basketball) in the same precinct and would be unfair on the other teams if the football club was only able to collect the $$$.

In fact, I believe Lions Club collect at the gate. Nothing to do with the footy club at all.

Thankyou for the clarification. It still sounds like the gate fee cannot be dropped the lions club wiuld be in ruins without it

The whole club will therefore hav to suffer for the lions club?

Its only metaphorical but from my window office at the santos building, keeping marion in SFL is kind of like asking the Flinders Uni Crabs to play in div 1 and div 2 every week

Why does anybody even consider volunteering to play in such scenarios theyre all being thrown to the wolves and thats cannot be fun especially after 6 seasons of it.
Last edited by marbles on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 262 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:39 am

Down the Hill wrote:It wasn't Marion who were rejected and Marbles is off his Marbles because charging at the gate has nothing to do with it. I think all SFL clubs understand that gate charges are not permitted in the SAAFL other than finals. The money that Marion and Brighton make on their gates would not be a factor in deciding to change leagues.

My understanding is that the rejected club may have been for various reasons in which one was concerns over the clubs on-field disciplinary record. Probably a bit harsh but some media coverage of an incident late last year wouldn't have helped.

For what its worth. The Brighton SGM notice posted above has been amended since first released. The vote to change leagues requires a 50% plus 1 majority. There was some initial confusion due to some elements of the clubs constitution that require a 75% majority.

Ive never seen Brighton collect on the gates in recent years anyway DTH?

So 50% to 75% now back to 50%?

One would think they will get more than 50%, what is the general feel DTH?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Executive Member » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:42 am

Dutchy wrote:Have played 2 teams all year without a forfeit....there must be rules for entry somewhere? FC?

indeed there is

MEMBERSHIP: NEW ADMISSIONS
6.1 Any club desirous of playing Australian Football may make application for
admission to The League.
6.2 Each application made in accordance with paragraph 6.1 above shall be
considered by the Executive Committee and accepted or rejected at the sole
discretion of the Executive Committee.
6.3 All applications for membership shall be made and determined in accordance
with the provisions of the Rules and Regulations of The League relating to such
applications.
6.4 The decision of the Executive Committee shall be final and there shall be no
appeal against that decision.
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Pag » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:46 am

I'm guessing basic geography would've have a bit to do with it. Long trip from TOS to Hackham.
Last edited by Pag on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 506 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League