Junior Football

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Junior Football

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Saw an e-mail from the NEMJFL to U/8 coaches saying that if the teams have too many players, the coaches must stick to 15 a side. Any coach that agrees to increase numbers with the opposition coach will be suspended for the rest of the season :shock:

Let me get this straight, the coaches decide to play with additional per side to give more kids a go and they will be blacklisted for the rest of the year.

Great way to treat volunteers! I thought the SFL comes up with some hair-brained ideas with their fifteen required officials per team and the like but it is heartening to see there is no sanity down on the plains either and not just limited to us.

i think you left out some small details from that emaIL....

Must of been very small because that's how I interpreted it too!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:58 pm

how i viewed it was coaches were putting up to 21 players on one side on the field while the other side fielded 13-15 players top they were telling the umpires that it was ok to have over 15 on the field at any one time

you would get the same 5-6 emails daily i would L.M :) if im not mistaken it was in one email then a second email was sent out with more details
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Jetters » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:53 pm

You play 15 a side (in our league we play 9) to increase the number of involvements and quality of involvements by the players.

By coaches agreeing to play more you are screwing that up.

Probably think about some more before you go slagging people off.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:19 am

Robb_Stark wrote:how i viewed it was coaches were putting up to 21 players on one side on the field while the other side fielded 13-15 players top they were telling the umpires that it was ok to have over 15 on the field at any one time

you would get the same 5-6 emails daily i would L.M :) if im not mistaken it was in one email then a second email was sent out with more details

No, I've only seen coaches ask each other how many players they both have and match up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:21 am

Jetters wrote:You play 15 a side (in our league we play 9) to increase the number of involvements and quality of involvements by the players.

By coaches agreeing to play more you are screwing that up.

Probably think about some more before you go slagging people off.

Where did this come from and who are you aiming it at?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dols » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Saw a fantastic game of footy this morning between SMOSH and Woodville South (u9), umpired like a game should be, players earnt their free kicks and more importantly their marks. Well done umpire (young lad from Portland?). Not so good from the SMOSH coach that used vulgar offensive language towards the umpire, I'm particular the time when his own child was injured in a contest. Control your emotions.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jetters » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:01 am

Dols wrote:Saw a fantastic game of footy this morning between SMOSH and Woodville South (u9), umpired like a game should be, players earnt their free kicks and more importantly their marks. Well done umpire (young lad from Portland?). Not so good from the SMOSH coach that used vulgar offensive language towards the umpire, I'm particular the time when his own child was injured in a contest. Control your emotions.

Cringe worthy stuff
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby jo172 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:14 am

Can someone clarify the new rule re Over-age players playing Under 18s? Ok so long as they're not A Graders? (and you can only have 6?)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:25 am

jo172 wrote:Can someone clarify the new rule re Over-age players playing Under 18s? Ok so long as they're not A Graders? (and you can only have 6?)

i know pooraka had a 17 year old players playing in the 16s but gaza complained and now he is not allowed to play
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
jo172 wrote:Can someone clarify the new rule re Over-age players playing Under 18s? Ok so long as they're not A Graders? (and you can only have 6?)

i know pooraka had a 17 year old players playing in the 16s but gaza complained and now he is not allowed to play

FWIW, I think there should be no permits whatsoever, Under 16 is Under 16.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Our 5yo played at TTG in freezing conditions on Friday night. IMO the game could've been called off. I goal umpired and even for me with 5 layers of clothing on it was cold. For the boys (and one girl) who don't realise how to keep warm (by running around) it became a bit of a joke toward the end.

Is there a cold weather clause?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:33 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Our 5yo played at TTG in freezing conditions on Friday night. IMO the game could've been called off. I goal umpired and even for me with 5 layers of clothing on it was cold. For the boys (and one girl) who don't realise how to keep warm (by running around) it became a bit of a joke toward the end.

No there isn't, it comes down to common sense, umpires are only allowed to call a game off if there is lightning or large hailstones. I did a game the previous Friday night and it bucketed down at half time, most of the kids didn't want to play any more, it stopped though shortly after fortunately.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Common sense scares me these days.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:33 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Our 5yo played at TTG in freezing conditions on Friday night. IMO the game could've been called off. I goal umpired and even for me with 5 layers of clothing on it was cold. For the boys (and one girl) who don't realise how to keep warm (by running around) it became a bit of a joke toward the end.

Cold weather clause??? :shock: It's a winter sport FFS
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

As I was saying about common sense....

The kids are 4 and 5!!!! Kids are playing for the enjoyment - there are no official scores kept.

My son didn't enjoy himself in fact he says he doesn't want to play in those conditions any more.

We had a game called off in Canberra due to snow.

Sometimes common sense does need to prevail. It could've been dangerous it was that cold.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:06 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

The kids are 4 and 5!!!! Kids are playing for the enjoyment - there are no official scores kept.

My son didn't enjoy himself in fact he says he doesn't want to play in those conditions any more.

Sometimes common sense does need to prevail. It could've been dangerous it was that cold.

did he get a kick ? that could be the reason
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:29 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

Fair enough, to some kids it's just a game.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:50 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

I noticed Hills Football called off all their Junior games that were scheduled Friday night....based on the weather forecast
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby HawkieRanger » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

I noticed Hills Football called off all their Junior games that were scheduled Friday night....based on the weather forecast

We called off our under 8's game on Friday evening. The Under 9's & 15's played through as the rain had settled a bit.
HawkieRanger
Rookie

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby locky801 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:38 pm

^^ Under 14 Devlopment Squad game between North and Glenelg got called off 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter Friday night and Under 15 game called off altogether. Still a bit bemused why, Under 14's game had been played in heavy rain for a half, as soon as the rain stopped they called it off :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3758 times
Been liked: 1178 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League