Angle Vale
16%
Flinders Uni
9%

Total votes : 101

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
X Runna wrote:The SFL is a very good standard of football, the top teams would eat all Div 2 SAAFL sides, and most of the Div 1 clubs.

Joking surely? :shock: :?

Div 3 and some Div 2 - and only the very top teams i.e. Brighton & Edwardstown!

SFL lacks any real depth as well, really it's a pretty crappy comp!

The two you just mentioned PG finished 6th and 7th. Outside of Aldinga, Lonsdale and Marion I reckon the teams would laugh at playing div 7
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:43 pm

mighty hounds wrote:The two you just mentioned PG finished 6th and 7th. Outside of Aldinga, Lonsdale and Marion I reckon the teams would laugh at playing div 7

Wow there you go! Shows how much attention i've been paying of late to SFL :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby X Runna » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:The two you just mentioned PG finished 6th and 7th. Outside of Aldinga, Lonsdale and Marion I reckon the teams would laugh at playing div 7

Wow there you go! Shows how much attention i've been paying of late to SFL :lol:

Do yourself a favour PG and go & watch an SFL finals game in the next couple of weeks, guarantee it will change your mind on the standard of the competition. When a team has the likes of Nathan Eagleton (plus his brothers for that matter) playing SFL just 18 months out of an AFL career, and not starring...........

I've seen a lot of Div 3 in the past 6 years, and seen a number of SFL games. The top SFL teams would absolutely smash sides like Scotch & PNU.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Bloods4Life » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:45 pm

X Runna wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Do yourself a favour PG and go & watch an SFL finals game in the next couple of weeks, guarantee it will change your mind on the standard of the competition. When a team has the likes of Nathan Eagleton (plus his brothers for that matter) playing SFL just 18 months out of an AFL career, and not starring...........

I've seen a lot of Div 3 in the past 6 years, and seen a number of SFL games. The top SFL teams would absolutely smash sides like Scotch & PNU.

Agreed.
Bloods4Life
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Oi, how ******* good are ingle farm?
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:57 pm

X Runna wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Eagleton couldn't get a kick in the SANFL a couple of years ago.

Not the best example his body has long gone his use by date
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5652 times
Been liked: 2594 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Top 4 SFL games are an excellent standard and in all honesty are as good as any comp in SA. After that it does drop away and the next 5-6 sides would be bottom end sub 3 to top level div 5 standard. Then below its a raffle. I still think if Aldinga, Lonnies or Marion played div 7 they would be major players. Considering Lonsdale finished bottom and some of the calibre of players who I know imo would touch up Ingle Farm. I'm basing this on top end div 7 games I have seen over the years and not an arguable opinion. I'm probably wrong and dare I say the blokes with medals around their neck wouldn't give a rats on my thoughts (if they are sober yet) :)
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 773 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Oi, move this comp comparison to a different thread. This is the ingle farm appreciation thread & don't you forget it!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:22 pm

It's all about us!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 pm

well woop doop SFL sides are so awesome and unbelievably great

care factor = zero

fact is we have 5 A-grade sides in div 7 who need 4 maybe 5 extra more A-grade sides to fill a division so we can have no c-grades playing agrades ever again

now the 4 teams in SFL who are in the adelaide flats, marion, brighton, morphett vale and the other one are very much invited to saafl div 7. cos fact is no club in our division 2 down to division 6 is gonna step aside for some southern club who think they are amazingly brilliant

div 7 is always gonna be the only entry avenue for any new club

so bite the bullet and win the div 7 flag or stick with the SFL and be stuffed around for another 5 years, where in 2018 youll still have to join the saafl via div 7
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 263 times

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Yeah, let's bring in teams to Div 7 who are way too good for D7. Great idea.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:48 pm

haha

well chuck em in div 2 then
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Bloods4Life » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:59 pm

marbles wrote:well woop doop SFL sides are so awesome and unbelievably great

care factor = zero

fact is we have 5 A-grade sides in div 7 who need 4 maybe 5 extra more A-grade sides to fill a division so we can have no c-grades playing agrades ever again

now the 4 teams in SFL who are in the adelaide flats, marion, brighton, morphett vale and the other one are very much invited to saafl div 7. cos fact is no club in our division 2 down to division 6 is gonna step aside for some southern club who think they are amazingly brilliant

so bite the bullet and win the div 7 flag or stick with the SFL and be stuffed around for another 5 years, where in 2018 youll still have to join the saafl via div 7

Now marbles, I though you were on some serious drugs when you mentioned cove as an southern Adelaide plain side but Morphett vale who not only are further south but an original SFL side coming into div 7?? Wow just wow! In case you are wondering they will be contesting an A grade prelim this week so obviously this suggestion is laughable. They would be a div 2+ side in the SAAFL
Bloods4Life
Rookie

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Oi, stop getting distracted, we are amazing!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:21 pm

Bloods4Life wrote:

care factor = zero

Now marbles, I though you were on some serious drugs when you mentioned cove as an southern Adelaide plain side but Morphett vale who not only are further south but an original SFL side coming into div 7?? Wow just wow! In case you are wondering they will be contesting an A grade prelim this week so obviously this suggestion is laughable. They would be a div 2+ side in the SAAFL

harhar good to see someones reading this sh#t, tougher to edit posts from mobile phones

yes obviously morphettville was meant, the vales are hardly on the adelaide flats are they :D

out of curiosity has brighton, marion, edwardstown or morphettville won a flag in last 10 years (not a loaded question, just out of curiosity)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Bloods4Life » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:33 pm

marbles wrote:
Bloods4Life wrote:

care factor = zero

harhar good to see someones reading this sh#t, tougher to edit posts from mobile phones

yes obviously morphettville was meant, the vales are hardly on the adelaide flats are they :D

out of curiosity has brighton, marion, edwardstown or morphettville won a flag in last 10 years (not a loaded question, just out of curiosity)

Brighton won in 2011 I'm pretty sure and contended quite a few grand finals throughout the 2000's losing to Morphett vale and Reynella a few times and happy valley recently last year. Though they may have won in 2002?? Maybe someone else can clarify? Their junior sides are dominant.
Bloods4Life
Rookie

Postby Bloods4Life » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:36 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:Oi, stop getting distracted, we are amazing!

Shouldn't you be ranting and raving on the div 6 thread now?
Bloods4Life
Rookie

Postby BPwizard » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Well Done to Ingle Farm on saturday on a good hard fought win.

The dissapointing side is that you the players of Ingle Farm did not experience that feeling when the final siren blows and you then know that you are the premiers. I as the coach have only experienced that siren when you lose but i have been told from players who have won flags it is a feeling that can not b explained, i wish that you had got to have that experience.

Also would like to thank everyone i have met from other clubs over the past two years as coach of the owls, but i have completed my 2 year contract, got the club to div 6 and its time for me to move on due to certain circumstances.
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bloods4Life wrote:
marbles wrote:personally, with houghton, north pines, flinders uni, and now central united now the surplus A-grade sides in saafl who are forced to play cgrade side in div 7....

if the saafl could offer a deal to the sfl clubs marion, cove, brighton, morphettville park, edwardstown & the other southern club on adelaide plains, offer them a deal they couldnt refuse...

we'd have a 10 team division 7 agrade sides only, then hence the birth of the c-grade super league! haha

They are very much up the hill marbles. Definately not on the plain

No club from the APFL would contemplate joining the SAAFL, Virginia and Two Wells would be the only two close enough geographically but the entry fee for all of their home games plus finding junior comps and aligning the netball would be a massive logistical problem and massive financial losses.
Not to mention the feel of country football and the rivalry that the 7 clubs have with each other is massive.

Plus we don't need the thuggery that goes on in that league
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 pm

ya gotta feel for some of these sfl clubs with the system in place and only 1 division, especially the volunteers, some clubs hav gone lifetimes without premierships or work week in week out and know theyll never go close to at least a grand final
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League