Angle Vale
16%
Flinders Uni
9%

Total votes : 101

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
X Runna wrote:The SFL is a very good standard of football, the top teams would eat all Div 2 SAAFL sides, and most of the Div 1 clubs.

Joking surely? :shock: :?

Div 3 and some Div 2 - and only the very top teams i.e. Brighton & Edwardstown!

SFL lacks any real depth as well, really it's a pretty crappy comp!

How many comps have 12 competitive teams playing against each other?
Don't think that 3 teams struggling makes a "crappy comp"
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby old farmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Ingle Farm coach moving onto Mawson Lakes i hear

You just make s**t up don't you Robb. If Mawson Lakes had any brains, of course they would ring Wayne, maybe your club should (and i don't mean Greeny's). Unfortunately for all the clubs that have contacted him, IFFC reappointed Wayne Knowles and Max Bastian about 3 weeks ago and announced it to our club members. Sorry not to let you in on this Robb. Wayne is now a committed doggy for another 2 years and the club couldn't be happier.
Oh, and Robb, great signature secured by IF on the weekend. I suggest you look more into that rather than talk crap. ;)
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm

old farmer wrote:

You just make s**t up don't you Robb. If Mawson Lakes had any brains, of course they would ring Wayne, maybe your club should (and i don't mean Greeny's). Unfortunately for all the clubs that have contacted him, IFFC reappointed Wayne Knowles and Max Bastian about 3 weeks ago and announced it to our club members. Sorry not to let you in on this Robb. Wayne is now a committed doggy for another 2 years and the club couldn't be happier.
Oh, and Robb, great signature secured by IF on the weekend. I suggest you look more into that rather than talk crap. ;)

Do you think that this is just the thoughts of natural progression, given his brother is a Mozzie? ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby old farmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
old farmer wrote:

Do you think that this is just the thoughts of natural progression, given his brother is a Mozzie? ;)

Um, no he's not
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Postby marbles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Brighton finished 8th in SFL, as theyd beat the mighty Ingle Farm
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:34 pm

I thought his brother went to play for Mawsons this year? I wasn't dreaming that was I? :shock:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby thrilling finish » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 pm

So are the league going to boot Angle Vale and Ingle Farm out? Or are they going to apply double standards?

Actually, I'm curious as to the SAAFL's theory that banning a team solves problems, given this issue is related to spectators attending amateur games and not the players themselves.

(I am not advocating that clubs be kicked out - this just moves the perpetrators on to the next club.)
thrilling finish
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby old farmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 pm

marbles wrote:Brighton finished 8th in SFL, as theyd beat the mighty Ingle Farm

Yeah, but would they beat Henley's D Grade???????
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:41 pm

old farmer wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
old farmer wrote:

Um, no he's not

you know me and my mate george long are a package deal :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 pm

I will not be coaching Mawson Lakes next year :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby old farmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm

thrilling finish wrote:So are the league going to boot Angle Vale and Ingle Farm out? Or are they going to apply double standards?

Actually, I'm curious as to the SAAFL's theory that banning a team solves problems, given this issue is related to spectators attending amateur games and not the players themselves.

(I am not advocating that clubs be kicked out - this just moves the perpetrators on to the next club.)

Yeah, they kicked us out to Div 6. ;)
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Postby marbles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm

old farmer wrote:
marbles wrote:Brighton finished 8th in SFL, as theyd beat the mighty Ingle Farm

Yeah, but would they beat Henley's D Grade???????

probably not!!!!!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:44 pm

thrilling finish wrote:So are the league going to boot Angle Vale and Ingle Farm out? Or are they going to apply double standards?

I'm not advocating booting clubs out. But those clubs don't have lengthy records, even if those who prompted the weekend's crap were from the two clubs involved, which most seem to agree they were not (and I'm not suggesting those involved in Saturday were involved with SFC either).

Us clubs out north have to stop looking to blame others when crap things happen and take a good hard look at ourselves.
Who do we want representing us as players and supporters?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby old farmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I thought his brother went to play for Mawsons this year? I wasn't dreaming that was I? :shock:

He was there for a short time in some sort of coaching role, didn't last too long though.
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:you know me and my mate george long are a package deal :)

What number you want?
George has already picked his! :D
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Former Roo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:48 pm

There was no all in brawl featuring multiple suspensions to players, no threatening of umpires. No double standard here
Former Roo

Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:52 pm

old farmer wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I thought his brother went to play for Mawsons this year? I wasn't dreaming that was I? :shock:

He was there for a short time in some sort of coaching role, didn't last too long though.

Ok, but he was there ;)

Footy Chick

Postby thrilling finish » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm not advocating booting clubs out. But those clubs don't have lengthy records, even if those who prompted the weekend's crap were from the two clubs involved, which most seem to agree they were not (and I'm not suggesting those involved in Saturday were involved with SFC either).

What was the club's record this year? That is what is relevant.

Dogwatcher wrote:Us clubs out north have to stop looking to blame others when crap things happen and take a good hard look at ourselves.
Who do we want representing us as players and supporters?

I'm not looking to shift blame, I'm looking for a proper solution to get this garbage away from our games once and for all, rather than sledgehammer 'solutions' from the league that clearly don't work. As I said - banning a club shifts the problem elsewhere and therefore accomplishes nothing but punishment for those who work tirelessly for the club they love.
thrilling finish
Mini-League

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:57 pm

BPwizard wrote:Well Done to Ingle Farm on saturday on a good hard fought win.

The dissapointing side is that you the players of Ingle Farm did not experience that feeling when the final siren blows and you then know that you are the premiers. I as the coach have only experienced that siren when you lose but i have been told from players who have won flags it is a feeling that can not b explained, i wish that you had got to have that experience.

Also would like to thank everyone i have met from other clubs over the past two years as coach of the owls, but i have completed my 2 year contract, got the club to div 6 and its time for me to move on due to certain circumstances.

Thanks BP,
It was a disappointment that we missed that moment. It was still a great day to be a part of.

Congratulations to the Owls on there promotion, they deserved it & went about playing there football the correct way. I look forward to playing against them again next season.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby thrilling finish » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Former Roo wrote:There was no all in brawl featuring multiple suspensions to players, no threatening of umpires. No double standard here

I saw no all-in brawl. Two players were suspended. Prior to this not a single player reported in 15 weeks of football.

I will say no more on the matter.
thrilling finish
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League