19%
Pultney OS
5%
Unley
No votes

Total votes : 43

Re: SAAFL C4 2008

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:26 pm

felch..i think..think..that was when WOS were sharing the ground with us before they went to glandore so it had double the workload..since then though it has had new drainage put in...stuff all players at training to churn it up ! and no c grade playing on it for 9 weeks..it would be the best conditioned oval in the comp atm..far wing the only place it might get heavy..but not muddy
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Felch » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:59 pm

zedman wrote:felch..i think..think..that was when WOS were sharing the ground with us before they went to glandore so it had double the workload..since then though it has had new drainage put in...stuff all players at training to churn it up ! and no c grade playing on it for 9 weeks..it would be the best conditioned oval in the comp atm..far wing the only place it might get heavy..but not muddy

Yeah, that could have been the case. Like i said though, there was a 3 week period if very heavy rains back then. Our side loved the rain and mud that year - we finished 5th after minor round and won elim, 1st semi and prelim all by under a goal. Unfortunately, GF day was sunny, 25 degrees and Edwardstown Oval deck was hard as a rock. Got smashed by 10 goals :(
Felch
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:23 pm

wow..you found townies oval when it wasnt sloppy !!
zedman
Coach

Postby Felch » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:31 pm

zedman wrote:wow..you found townies oval when it wasnt sloppy !!

I think it was sloppy, but 3-4 days of sun turned it rock hard !
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:44 pm

zedman wrote:felch..i think..think..that was when WOS were sharing the ground with us before they went to glandore so it had double the workload..since then though it has had new drainage put in...stuff all players at training to churn it up ! and no c grade playing on it for 9 weeks..it would be the best conditioned oval in the comp atm..far wing the only place it might get heavy..but not muddy

thats what I was going to say, the only place I ever remember St Marys getting heavy was the outer wing and outer southern pocket.
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:44 am

havent played against fitzroy before. does anybody know who the standouts are? Just my normal fact find for the weekend ahead.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:04 am

marbles wrote:havent played against fitzroy before. does anybody know who the standouts are? Just my normal fact find for the weekend ahead.

small bald round guy who luvs the goals!
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:52 am

duncs wrote:
marbles wrote:havent played against fitzroy before. does anybody know who the standouts are? Just my normal fact find for the weekend ahead.

lol he's useless! couldn't catch a cold in winter!
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:29 am

Punk Rooster wrote:
duncs wrote:

Sorry Punky forgot that they were your boys. Shows i havent been rond that long. I guess I'll just have to wait and see huh? I have not plyed there since u/17's.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Postby Iron Fist » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:38 am

marbles wrote:
Punk Rooster wrote:
duncs wrote:

Sorry Punky forgot that they were your boys. Shows i havent been rond that long. I guess I'll just have to wait and see huh? I have not plyed there since u/17's.

that makes it about 13 years hey??
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:41 am

no mr fist.a little earlier than that. Just because you are still running around in man kini nappies doesnt mean the rest of us are old :lol:
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Postby jezzar9 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Im really annoyed at the outcome for Pulteney C grade. Im not a Pulteney player but really feel that the decision was harsh. Iv heard that points have been taken away due to playing someone unregistered for a few games. Its harsh because just about every club does it with their lowest grade. How else would you put a team on the park each week?
Jezzar
jezzar9
Mini-League

Postby Felch » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:48 pm

jezzar9 wrote:Im really annoyed at the outcome for Pulteney C grade. Im not a Pulteney player but really feel that the decision was harsh. Iv heard that points have been taken away due to playing someone unregistered for a few games. Its harsh because just about every club does it with their lowest grade. How else would you put a team on the park each week?
Jezzar

Harsh my @rse !!! You break the rules, you pay the price. They only got penalised 1 game, unfortunately for them it cost them a finals berth. They broke a cut-and-dried rule - end of story.

IMO, they were lucky not to be penalised further, for something they did earlier in the year...

Does the name Nigel Sharp ring any bells ? :shock:
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby zedman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:48 pm

break the rules and get caught your busted..take your punishment..a very good coach i had once said to me..he didnt mind if players cheated at training or took easy options or dodged heavy training nights..but if he caught you doing it you were stuffed..if you cheat and get away with it..so be it..if your caught dont complain

and that is a horrible generalisation to say all teams have unreggies playing in the lower grades..

are they sorry they did it..or sorry they got caught?
zedman
Coach

Postby Felch » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:53 pm

zedman wrote:break the rules and get caught your busted..take your punishment..a very good coach i had once said to me..he didnt mind if players cheated at training or took easy options or dodged heavy training nights..but if he caught you doing it you were stuffed..if you cheat and get away with it..so be it..if your caught dont complain

and that is a horrible generalisation to say all teams have unreggies playing in the lower grades..

are they sorry they did it..or sorry they got caught?

I agree Zedman. We dont play unregistered players, so not everyone does it at all.
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby hawkseye » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:56 pm

Jezza i wouldnt put on here what club you are from, that could result in some more investigating. Anyone who does it is a bit stupid to jeopardise points.
Thats what im talkin aboooouuuut!!!!!!
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby zedman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:58 pm

i would forfeit before we played unreggies...
zedman
Coach

Postby jezzar9 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:09 pm

I dont play anymore im talking years... ago
jezzar9
Mini-League

Postby Punk Rooster » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:54 pm

jezzar9 wrote:Im really annoyed at the outcome for Pulteney C grade. Im not a Pulteney player but really feel that the decision was harsh. Iv heard that points have been taken away due to playing someone unregistered for a few games. Its harsh because just about every club does it with their lowest grade. How else would you put a team on the park each week?
Jezzar
They were found guilty of an offence, & the punishment is -2 Premiership points!
Not the leagues fault they-
1) committed an offence
2) only had a 2 point advantage over 6th, thus leaving 5th spot to be decided on %
3) had inferior % to Portland, causing them to miss the 5

I've coached for 2 years, & I won't allow un-registered players to play in my side.
I manage the club side of things with iscore, so it's a simole matter of either activating the player, or entering him into the system.
I don't want to take the chance in having a hard fought win taken away by a stroke of the pen.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:12 pm

Jezzar

Jezza that is an absolutely rediculous comment. How else would you put a team on the park each week? I'll tell ya. The right way and the way that every club besides the one in mention does. Legaly and honestly. Why risk all the hard work you and your side put in three times a week. Its the old saying that goes "Cheaters never prosper". I hope they enjoy C5 next year. In my oppinion they should be made to miss out more than just 2 points.
If you are realy annoyed at the situation have a chat to the coach about his decisions. Doesnt bring much light to the club at all. Scrutiny is what this club will be under for a little while to come.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League