comeon wrote:encounter bay harvey is off to zedman

indeed..thats what my birdy told me
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 387 times

Re: SAAFL Div 6 & 6R (2010)

Postby Frognastie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:06 am

zedman wrote:hes a rookie coach..a playing rookie coach who has no knowledge of the SAAFL at all..we agree to disagree comeon..as i said..good luck to him..but its the wrong decision at this time for the club in my opinion..your assistant for 3 years?..at 3 different clubs to? being an assistant is no comparison to having the top job at a club..none at all..

Well I would say that out going coach Steve Zweck would be dissapointed.. with good reason too. Stability can never be under estimated at a football club, and I have no doudt teh club would have progressed again next season under his guidance.

A rookie playing coach is always a dangerous move, he would want to be a very good player!
Frognastie
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby hawkseye » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:30 pm

I heard paralowies Cgrade coach has sent a message to his team that have kept there guernseys from the GF that they now owe 40 bux for not returning them, but a few that didnt even play have also been sent the message.
Thats what im talkin aboooouuuut!!!!!!
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby TIRED TIGER » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:52 pm

are colonel light now starting to feel the effects of straight sets exits two consecutive years.
harvey (arguably their best player) departs then others start to think are we going to drop off the pace. big job ahead for coaching staff to hold this together????
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby The Real Number 3 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:27 pm

demonseye wrote:I heard paralowies Cgrade coach has sent a message to his team that have kept there guernseys from the GF that they now owe 40 bux for not returning them, but a few that didnt even play have also been sent the message.

Same as the A Grade the other year. We're a small club that does not have much of an income so to replace a whole set of guernseys would not be beneficial to the club money wise. Every player at the club knows if you want a guernsey, you have to pay for it. Simple really demonseye.
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:46 am

The Real Number 3 wrote:
demonseye wrote:I heard paralowies Cgrade coach has sent a message to his team that have kept there guernseys from the GF that they now owe 40 bux for not returning them, but a few that didnt even play have also been sent the message.

Same as the A Grade the other year. We're a small club that does not have much of an income so to replace a whole set of guernseys would not be beneficial to the club money wise. Every player at the club knows if you want a guernsey, you have to pay for it. Simple really demonseye.

That just raises the annual discussion of whether a premiership team keeps their guernseys after the GF, I would think not.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4366 times
Been liked: 8082 times

Postby emerson » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 am

zedman wrote:hes a rookie coach..a playing rookie coach who has no knowledge of the SAAFL at all..we agree to disagree comeon..as i said..good luck to him..but its the wrong decision at this time for the club in my opinion..your assistant for 3 years?..at 3 different clubs to? being an assistant is no comparison to having the top job at a club..none at all..

Frognastie wrote:Well I would say that out going coach Steve Zweck would be dissapointed.. with good reason too. Stability can never be under estimated at a football club, and I have no doudt teh club would have progressed again next season under his guidance.

A rookie playing coach is always a dangerous move, he would want to be a very good player!

I think it was unfair to give Zwecky the boot for 2010. He did some hard yards (with results) the last two years. The club should have given him a chance to enjoy some success with the club dropping a division. I thought he could have been given one more year.......
It will be very interesting to see how Kenilworth go in 2010
Has anyone seen Sammy G, the KING of Teringie.
emerson
Under 16s

Postby comeon » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:32 am

With the recruits shane baldock has got the club will be in for a great year i want say names but have all played very high level and are good guys.Just intersed to know what the clubs win loss record is over the last two years is thanks
comeon
Rookie

Postby One Eyed » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:37 am

Do these recruits come at a price and was this a luxury not afforded to the previous coach.?
One Eyed
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:47 am

comeon: win/loss record is completely relative to the cattle and players on hand and is not necessarily an indicator of how good or bad a coach is..as you would know from your time at aldinga..sheedy wouldnt have done any better with what was available to kfc the last 2 years and i would say you could echo that in regards to aldinga..its all relative..we were playing in division 5 when we were a division 6 team

will these recruits be there in 1-2 years time? should the club be paying coin for football club travellers, who may be at their 3rd or 4th club in the last 5 years, when we have 10-15 of our own kids coming through looking for spots in the team? is that really the path to go down or should we try to build sustainable growth from within? sure, recruits are great, but we have to find the right balance and not go over the top..obviously no-one says no to good recruits but get the RIGHT recruits..and dont bankrupt the club on the way

we played in a GF in 2005..look at what happened when the imported players left..it was a short lived success plan that was left to others to try and fix when the castle built on sand collapsed..you need to realise we went down this track only recently and it hurt the club a lot..we dont want an encore performance..so i hope he is recruiting guys who will stay for 4-5 years..do you think they will?

facts are, it doesnt matter NOW what people think of the decision to change coaches..its been done..it wont change..some will think its a good move and some wont..thats life..you never get 100% approval from all..as I said before, lets move on and see what eventuates..still a long time till the first bounce..

i hope that clears it up for you :)

p.s. heart of dreams in the cox plate looks great odds..if hes in front of whobe on the turn he should win it..but dont forget bart is floating around again !
zedman
Coach

Postby morell » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:45 am

Are Kenilworth the new Brahma Lodge of the Div 6 forums?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:56 am

morell wrote:Are Kenilworth the new Brahma Lodge of the Div 6 forums?

i agree morell..there are 9 other teams to discuss..someone say something !
zedman
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:39 pm

I think Trinity will continue their improvement in 2010, they are a rapidly growing club with a good nucleus of talent.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4366 times
Been liked: 8082 times

Postby Stoirtap » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:52 pm

regarding kenilworth, shayne mitchell came to the club and took all the glory ben porter did, this bloke will probably do the same swecky filled in were croucher failed but croucher and swecky had no cattle both are good blokes swecky being part of the furniture also, i personally feel the club should of given him one more year as this was part of the building phase which i thought the club was working on together with the coach, feels like the club has got em selfs another shayne mitchell, may be a quick fix but not sure it is long term.
Stoirtap
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby aceman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Stoirtap wrote:regarding kenilworth, shayne mitchell came to the club and took all the glory ben porter did, this bloke will probably do the same swecky filled in were croucher failed but croucher and swecky had no cattle both are good blokes swecky being part of the furniture also, i personally feel the club should of given him one more year as this was part of the building phase which i thought the club was working on together with the coach, feels like the club has got em selfs another shayne mitchell, may be a quick fix but not sure it is long term.

stoirtap = patriots spelt backwards, very good!
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby emerson » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 am

Stoirtap wrote:regarding kenilworth, shayne mitchell came to the club and took all the glory ben porter did, this bloke will probably do the same swecky filled in were croucher failed but croucher and swecky had no cattle both are good blokes swecky being part of the furniture also, i personally feel the club should of given him one more year as this was part of the building phase which i thought the club was working on together with the coach, feels like the club has got em selfs another shayne mitchell, may be a quick fix but not sure it is long term.

GOOD POINTS!! Would it be fair to say Mick Gilmore has been Kenilworth's best recruit in the last 20 years. Came to the club around 1992/1993 with a very good reputation as a footballer and was/has been a quality player who has stayed with the club even through some of the drama along the way. There have been plenty that have flashed in and out, but I guess that's the same at all clubs. I hope Baldock's recruits stay and help the club rise up thru the divisions. After all, we all want to see Kenilworth return to the higher grades like the early 90's.
Has anyone seen Sammy G, the KING of Teringie.
emerson
Under 16s

Postby Browny25 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:50 am

And whats that suppose to mean?

Your club got enough exposure last year Morell... all beit on the negative side.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby morell » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 am

browny2323 wrote:

Your club got enough exposure last year Morell... all beit on the negative side.
Just poking a bit of fun in this long off season Browny ;)

and I know a few people at Kenilworth, bit of a rivalry there as we're pretty close neighbours.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I think Trinity will continue their improvement in 2010, they are a rapidly growing club with a good nucleus of talent.
I tend to agree LM. Trinity will be very hard to beat in 2010.

based on the late 2009 form I think Paralowie will be strong. That could also be because we can never seem to get near them though.
morell
Coach

Postby hawkseye » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:07 pm

browny2323 wrote:

Pretty obvious really ;)
Thats what im talkin aboooouuuut!!!!!!
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: West Croydon

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League