3%
Rosewater
17%
Smithfield
23%

Total votes : 66

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Postby SATCHEL » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:53 am

Getting back to the topic of football. I thought BOS B grade side were pretty good in most parts of the game. 29 who i believe is a returning A grader, i reckon he played against us earlier in the year in the A's. That kid has a thumping kick on him and a rather handy player. Should slot right in up top when he gets back to form. Although form Saturday it looks like that wont be long.
Nice win by Elizabeth in the two's as well. 5th spot in the magoos is right up for grabs Lockleys will need to stay strong and hold otherwise Eliz, Heccie's and some way BOS can take it from them. Although an easier week for Lockleys against Greenies at home. They should hold for another week. This competition to my surprise coming from a higher division is pretty good.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:57 am

SATCHEL wrote:Getting back to the topic of football. I thought BOS B grade side were pretty good in most parts of the game. 29 who i believe is a returning A grader, i reckon he played against us earlier in the year in the A's. That kid has a thumping kick on him and a rather handy player. Should slot right in up top when he gets back to form. Although form Saturday it looks like that wont be long.
Nice win by Elizabeth in the two's as well. 5th spot in the magoos is right up for grabs Lockleys will need to stay strong and hold otherwise Eliz, Heccie's and some way BOS can take it from them. Although an easier week for Lockleys against Greenies at home. They should hold for another week. This competition to my surprise coming from a higher division is pretty good.

Elizabeth have a history of gaining momentum in the B's at the pointy end of the season.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby SATCHEL » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
SATCHEL wrote:Getting back to the topic of football. I thought BOS B grade side were pretty good in most parts of the game. 29 who i believe is a returning A grader, i reckon he played against us earlier in the year in the A's. That kid has a thumping kick on him and a rather handy player. Should slot right in up top when he gets back to form. Although form Saturday it looks like that wont be long.

Elizabeth have a history of gaining momentum in the B's at the pointy end of the season.

After watching them earlier in they year. They have some good talent up forward. I think they have the big guy up there. Indigenous bloke. Very talented and just crashes the pack and takes a ripping grab. They have a fairly handy midfield as well.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby thejuddernaught » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:08 am

Good to see the Dogs bounce back after a humiliating defeat last week vs Glenunga. With Glenunga going down this week keeps Rosies finals chances alive well and truely. Hopefully they can notch up another win away vs Elizabeth this week! Did Lockleys come up from Divvy 6??
thejuddernaught
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Southern Eagles

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:11 am

Yeh lost the div 6 GF to Smithfield last year Juddy
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby oldman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:11 am

SATCHEL wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

After watching them earlier in they year. They have some good talent up forward. I think they have the big guy up there. Indigenous bloke. Very talented and just crashes the pack and takes a ripping grab. They have a fairly handy midfield as well.

CBOC clearly the team to beat in 5R come finals time they always seem to get a few blokes back. Big Primus up forward is impossible to stop especially if the ball is delivered correctly, now they also have Puccini playing in looks pretty hard to stop!!!!
Whats happened at Lockleys they beat the top side a month or so ago now are really struggling, thought they were a contender??
Smithfield coming good at the right end of the season and have some real weapons running around in the 2s.
Pulteney don't seem to be going as well as they were earlier in the season maybe with so many injuries in their A's its started to hurt them???
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby test » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:13 am

Greenies talking up finals chances after the weekend, they'll do some damage if they make it
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby jo172 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:16 am

Adelaidenow has outed the incident that mustn't be named for what it's worth.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 726 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:17 am

test wrote:Greenies talking up finals chances after the weekend, they'll do some damage if they make it

They'll have to beat Lockleys, Hectorville (away) and then Glenunga (away) to make them, and that's relying on on Rosies to drop all 3 when they still have Elizabeth and Pulteney.

I wouldn't even attempt to do a ladder predictor with the inconsistent results that we've seen.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:36 am

jo172 wrote:Adelaidenow has outed the incident that mustn't be named for what it's worth.

Yep in todays paper too. All people involved named.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:40 am

On triple M as well this morning. Hopefully the League officials don't read the paper or listen to the radio or FC could have a hernia

FYI. The above is a joke
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby BRaG » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:43 am

It was all over Triple M this morning, had someone on from the club who didn't beat around the bush, the person involved was named, club said they are going to support him as their are health issues involved.
BRaG
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:50 am

SATCHEL wrote:29 who i believe is a returning A grader, i reckon he played against us earlier in the year in the A's. That kid has a thumping kick on him and a rather handy player. Should slot right in up top when he gets back to form..

Karim Hyrnkiw - left Ingle Farm earlier this year to play with work mates at BOS, is a handy footballer, but whether he's up to play consistent D5 football is up for question. Has the skills and fitness but the kid is soft as butter unfortunately... goes missing far too regularly in games, especially if it's a bit physical.

Also don't think the smaller oval at BOS would compliment his game in the 1s.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:53 am

oldman wrote:
SATCHEL wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

CBOC clearly the team to beat in 5R come finals time they always seem to get a few blokes back. Big Primus up forward is impossible to stop especially if the ball is delivered correctly, now they also have Puccini playing in looks pretty hard to stop!!!!
Whats happened at Lockleys they beat the top side a month or so ago now are really struggling, thought they were a contender??
Smithfield coming good at the right end of the season and have some real weapons running around in the 2s.
Pulteney don't seem to be going as well as they were earlier in the season maybe with so many injuries in their A's its started to hurt them???

just to many out in the A grade impacting on their personnel combined with overseas departures and various other injuries..hopefully we can hang tough and keep our spot and launch an assualt in the finals..CBC the team to beat..agreed..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1082 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:01 pm

human_torpedo wrote:On triple M as well this morning. Hopefully the League officials don't read the paper or listen to the radio or FC could have a hernia

FYI. The above is a joke

yeah yeah, everyone is making a joke - none of you understand that the site needed to cover their own arses in the first instance
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby thejuddernaught » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:17 pm

human_torpedo wrote:On triple M as well this morning. Hopefully the League officials don't read the paper or listen to the radio or FC could have a hernia

FYI. The above is a joke

You're about as funny as a kick to the stones Human Torp. hahah
thejuddernaught
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Southern Eagles

Postby stan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Adelaide now popping up with the story as well. But you know coming from Adelaide now or the tiser it could of happened 2 - 3 years ago lol.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Would there be a penalty to the club if the player is found guilty of what is alleged in the paper?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:28 pm

Dangeroos wrote:Great win for Smithfield F.C saturday, would have to say an unexpected one due to both sides recent form. Hectorville soundly defeated us first time round, Panthers have been inconsistent throughout the season but have stepped up in the last two weeks.

very good win dangeroos..panthers always a handful at home..only 2 clubs have beaten them there in over 3 years..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1082 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Danky$$ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Would there be a penalty to the club if the player is found guilty of what is alleged in the paper?

Wouldn't of thought so mate. Can't punish a team for one persons actions. First thing to happen at rosewater in years.
Danky$$
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League