Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:11 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
morell wrote:So much anti-Kane rhetoric. He's a different kinda cat and was utterly devoted to his football. He's also not someone I would call a people person. But you know what, that probably describes me too! Not everyone has to be a good bloke cobba beer swilling yobbo at the front bar talking shit to be a good person.

I've had a few dealings with him and he has always been cool.

Good on him for contributing back to local footy.

Any bloke that gets in someone else's car and puts his feet on the dashboard is far from a good bloke or as you say....cool

Quit the MFS
Quit his club mid-season
Will Quit Glenunga as soon as it gets hard, doesn't suit him or something doesn't go his way.

As I stated in my original post if he goes out and plays and gives back to the community and takes the good with the bad and sticks it out I will tip my hat and say well done Mr. Cornes. "I like so many others including your ex team mates were wrong about you."

I completely agree with the sentiment in your last statement, I just need to see him do it first.

Last year at Glenelg I had the pleasure of seeing first hand what sort of bloke Kane is. Wouldn't say 2 words to you if you weren't someone high up at the club. In the league team meetings he constantly talked over the Head Coach.

I do remember Ben Moore who was the midfield coach was away one week so the Reserves coach was told he would take control of the mids that week. Then in comes Kane 1 hour before the game and says no ill run the mids this week. Didn't even know who they were even playing and who was even in the side. This was after the Ressies coach had done a weeks work on the oppo. Absolute flog
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby morell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:26 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
morell wrote:So much anti-Kane rhetoric. He's a different kinda cat and was utterly devoted to his football. He's also not someone I would call a people person. But you know what, that probably describes me too! Not everyone has to be a good bloke cobba beer swilling yobbo at the front bar talking shit to be a good person.

Any bloke that gets in someone else's car and puts his feet on the dashboard is far from a good bloke or as you say....cool

Quit the MFS
Quit his club mid-season
Will Quit Glenunga as soon as it gets hard, doesn't suit him or something doesn't go his way.

As I stated in my original post if he goes out and plays and gives back to the community and takes the good with the bad and sticks it out I will tip my hat and say well done Mr. Cornes. "I like so many others including your ex team mates were wrong about you."

I completely agree with the sentiment in your last statement, I just need to see him do it first.
Hahah far out, thin skin much? I've had people throw up, shit themselves and probably spill other bodily liquids in my car over the years and I still count them as good lads. He put his feet on the dash, deary me, what a savage. Hope he at least offered up a curtsey before entering the hallowed sanctuary of your majesty the Kings fine automobile.

He quit the MFS - maybe he didn't like it? I quit a job after three days once. Big whoop.
He retired mid season with the blessings and support of his AFL club.
Third one is just an assumption. The bloke played 300 AFL games, won multiple BnFs at the highest level won premierships. I think his record in regards to football speaks for itself.

So thus far, we have character assassinated a bloke because ... he put his feet on a dash of someones car. I sure hope we've all been pure bastions of the gentry in our social movements!

C'mon people, lets be real honest. In reality, Kane suffers from what many non-ocker bogan types do in this country, and in particular this state, and even more in particular in football circles - in that unless you're the traditional stereotypical Aussie male you're seen as a "shit bloke". If you're eloquent, well educated, have an opinion and maybe prefer solitude and/or the company of a few close people you're a social pariah. Interestingly this happened to Warren Tredrea too.

Mix that in with a pure passion for success, with being a 300 game vet of Port, with perhaps a less than endearing lineage and you've got a recipe for the classic Aussie tall poppy syndrome.

We all have people we do not like for one reason or another, to each their own, but to pot a bloke, who you're obviously not close to, based on really flimsy thin evidence is poor form.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Sturtman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:34 pm

morell wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Quit the MFS
Quit his club mid-season

Hahah far out, thin skin much? I've had people throw up, shit themselves and probably spill other bodily liquids in my car over the years and I still count them as good lads. He put his feet on the dash, deary me, what a savage. Hope he at least offered up a curtsey before entering the hallowed sanctuary of your majesty the Kings fine automobile.

He quit the MFS - maybe he didn't like it? I quit a job after three days once. Big whoop.
He retired mid season with the blessings and support of his AFL club.
Third one is just an assumption. The bloke played 300 AFL games, won multiple BnFs at the highest level won premierships. I think his record in regards to football speaks for itself.

So thus far, we have character assassinated a bloke because ... he put his feet on a dash of someones car. I sure hope we've all been pure bastions of the gentry in our social movements!

C'mon people, lets be real honest. In reality, Kane suffers from what many non-ocker bogan types do in this country, and in particular this state, and even more in particular in football circles - in that unless you're the traditional stereotypical Aussie male you're seen as a "shit bloke". If you're eloquent, well educated, have an opinion and maybe prefer solitude and/or the company of a few close people you're a social pariah. Interestingly this happened to Warren Tredrea too.

Mix that in with a pure passion for success, with being a 300 game vet of Port, with perhaps a less than endearing lineage and you've got a recipe for the classic Aussie tall poppy syndrome.

We all have people we do not like for one reason or another, to each their own, but to pot a bloke, who you're obviously not close to, based on really flimsy thin evidence is poor form.

Dont bring Tredrea in to it, he is a great bloke. As for Shane Cornes......I could list off some pretty good examples from his 5 min in the MFS but i wont.
Last edited by Sturtman on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm number 1, so why try harder!!
Sturtman
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Wisanger

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I've never met the guy but he is a Cornes I guess so assume the apple wouldn't fall far from the tree.

Are these thoughts shared widely amongst both the on and off field community at GFC?

I think he just wants one last crack at laying a tackle.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Trader » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:41 pm

morell wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Any bloke that gets in someone else's car and puts his feet on the dashboard is far from a good bloke or as you say....cool

Hahah far out, thin skin much? I've had people throw up, shit themselves and probably spill other bodily liquids in my car over the years and I still count them as good lads. He put his feet on the dash, deary me, what a savage.

It's called a lack of respect.

People who throw up are generally at a point they can't help themselves.
To get in someone's car and make the conscious decision to put your feet up on the dash isn't a hanging offense, but it does go a long way to exposing the character of the bloke.

These sort of tales, together with plenty of other stories about Sailor Kane are why people are happy to consider him a sh!t bloke.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby zedman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Zartan wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:1 v 2 this week at Lockleys Oval looks like a cracker.
Whilst the quintessential must win game of the round appears to be Rosewater v Woody South

Lockleys will have no issues beating BOS, and Woody South will be too strong for Rosewater

Kenilworth & Greenacres unfortunately appear likely to remain in the bottom two spots.

we had 3 great games last year all decided under a kick and we could expect the same this year..there are a few issues however zartan..one issue is that BOS are an excellent team and have only added to it this year and lost nobody..the second issue is i hate weddings, weekends in melbourne, FIFO, niggles, school holidays and anything else involving saturday afternoon events non football related during the actual season!

i think RFC might get the win this week fwiw..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

Don't let me down Zed, i've backed you to win - get the job done! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4041 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

Eloquent and well spoken is being incredibly kind to Kane Cornes.

He's as dumb as the stereotype but without the self-awareness to realise it.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Can't believe a coach walks after 2x rounds in D6 and no one bats an eye.. but mention Kane Cornes in D5 and everyone loses their minds! :lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Trader wrote:
morell wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Any bloke that gets in someone else's car and puts his feet on the dashboard is far from a good bloke or as you say....cool

Hahah far out, thin skin much? I've had people throw up, shit themselves and probably spill other bodily liquids in my car over the years and I still count them as good lads. He put his feet on the dash, deary me, what a savage.

It's called a lack of respect.

People who throw up are generally at a point they can't help themselves.
To get in someone's car and make the conscious decision to put your feet up on the dash isn't a hanging offense, but it does go a long way to exposing the character of the bloke.

These sort of tales, together with plenty of other stories about Sailor Kane are why people are happy to consider him a sh!t bloke.
I suppose I prefer to judge people on personal experience, rather than rumour, innuendo and gossip.

Maybe Kane is like me, and has no social tact and/or has no appreciation or understanding of why people value cars so much.

Just think had I believed the stories about you Trader!! :shock:
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Kane has lived most of his life with his head up his ar$e thanks mostly to his arrogant and obnoxious father!
But by all reports he has donated a lot of time and money to the WCH which I'd say a lot of sh*t people don't do.
No one's perfect!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:15 pm

morell wrote:
I suppose I prefer to judge people on personal experience, rather than rumour, innuendo and gossip.

Maybe Kane is like me, and has no social tact and/or has no appreciation or understanding of why people value cars so much.

So there's still hope for me for a facebook friend request :YMPARTY:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:15 pm

zedman wrote:
Zartan wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:1 v 2 this week at Lockleys Oval looks like a cracker.
Whilst the quintessential must win game of the round appears to be Rosewater v Woody South

Lockleys will have no issues beating BOS, and Woody South will be too strong for Rosewater

Kenilworth & Greenacres unfortunately appear likely to remain in the bottom two spots.

we had 3 great games last year all decided under a kick and we could expect the same this year..there are a few issues however zartan..one issue is that BOS are an excellent team and have only added to it this year and lost nobody..the second issue is i hate weddings, weekends in melbourne, FIFO, niggles, school holidays and anything else involving saturday afternoon events non football related during the actual season!

i think RFC might get the win this week fwiw..

Zed, You'll be fine my good friend. No doubt your homework is in full flight and the magnets getting quite a workout. Your depth will be more than capable to get the job done.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Zartan wrote:Can't believe a coach walks after 2x rounds in D6 and no one bats an eye.. but mention Kane Cornes in D5 and everyone loses their minds! :lol: :lol:

Klaebs is a good bloke though, much more fun calling Kornes a flog.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby morell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:

So there's still hope for me for a facebook friend request :YMPARTY:
You think I am bad on here, you ought to see my Facebook feed! Deary me I get myself into strife on the regular.
morell
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:30 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Quit the MFS
Quit his club mid-season

Last year at Glenelg I had the pleasure of seeing first hand what sort of bloke Kane is. Wouldn't say 2 words to you if you weren't someone high up at the club. In the league team meetings he constantly talked over the Head Coach.

I do remember Ben Moore who was the midfield coach was away one week so the Reserves coach was told he would take control of the mids that week. Then in comes Kane 1 hour before the game and says no ill run the mids this week. Didn't even know who they were even playing and who was even in the side. This was after the Ressies coach had done a weeks work on the oppo. Absolute flog

Try reading this Morrell, specific examples.

Yes if someone gets in your car and puts their feet on your dash board it makes you look and say....is this bloke for real. It's called socially acceptable behavioural standards. If you choose not operate by them it's your choice but most of the rest of us do. Again it's only an example of a pattern of behaviour that I have seen and heard that has me form an opinion.

You are entitled to your own opinion , that's fine but when people form theirs based on real life experiences you are wasting your time trying to talk them out of it.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby morell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:32 pm

jo172 wrote:
Zartan wrote:Can't believe a coach walks after 2x rounds in D6 and no one bats an eye.. but mention Kane Cornes in D5 and everyone loses their minds! :lol: :lol:

Klaebs is a good bloke though, much more fun calling Kornes a flog.
This is the point though - I have "heard" the exact opposite! Who to believe eh.

Amazing the different perceptions of people that change either over time or because of a shared experience - or even just because someone had an axe to grind. Heck with me I've had quite a few people exclaim how different I am in person to my "online" persona.

All I am saying is, maybe actually get to know Kane before joining in with the pitchfork crew to slander him.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:37 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Quit the MFS
Quit his club mid-season

Try reading this Morrell, specific examples.

Yes if someone gets in your car and puts their feet on your dash board it makes you look and say....is this bloke for real. It's called socially acceptable behavioural standards. If you choose not operate by them it's your choice but most of the rest of us do. Again it's only an example of a pattern of behaviour that I have seen and heard that has me form an opinion.

You are entitled to your own opinion , that's fine but when people form theirs based on real life experiences you are wasting your time trying to talk them out of it.

We obviously have different standards. If someone put their feet on my dash, I honestly wouldn't even notice. However someone recently picked up my dog without permission and held him wrong. That person has a black line through them until they prove themselves capable of being in my good graces.

Even with the Glenelg examples. So what, maybe he doesn't like small talk or talking to people he doesn't know? Not everyone is a social butterfly! Maybe he prefers written communication? Maybe hes introverted and likes time to think about what to say before engaging with others? Until you've been an AFL star and had to deal with the pressures that come with that, one really ought not to judge.

As for taking over the mids, with all due respect, I'd back Kane in over the Glenelg ressies coach. Sorry.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:40 pm

morell wrote:As for taking over the mids, with all due respect, I'd back Kane in over the Glenelg ressies coach. Sorry.

Hmm i disagree with this, although he may be more knowledgeable and suited, he's undermining what's going on and been put in place from the head coach.. bit of decorum from Mr Cornes wouldn't have gone astray.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:46 pm

In that example he was probably brought on board to provide leadership and guidance, tried to do it, maybe ****** it up and rubbed people the wrong way... and no doubt, when it comes to footy, he is probably not everyone's cup of tea.

That's fine, either am I, either are you. Either is anyone.

Doesn't make them a bad person or deserving of hysterical online slander.

Save that for you know, people that drink and drive, or people that beat their wives or whatever

The classic example:

Luke Hodge - universally admired and liked, good Aussie bloke. Kane Cornes - universally disliked, continually admonished.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League