SAAFL Division 2 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 2 grand final?

Broadview
20%
Flinders Park
7%
Gepps Cross
11%
PAOC
4%
PHOS Camden
9%
PNU
16%
Scotch OC
7%
SHOC
5%
SMOSH
15%
Walkerville
5%

Total votes : 95

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:28 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Massive relief for the PNU Falcons as it is FACT that new Elizabeth Coach Carey Payne has spoken to Nick "The Situation" Jolly. Fair to say based on the fact the big man turned down $1,000 a game with transport to play country footy only 2 years ago that he will be a Falcon for life. 8)

Loyalty at its finest. A group of blokes who plays as a team for the love of the club and pride of the guernsey will always beat a group of blokes who only play for the money. Onya Jols!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Upthefalcons wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:got told last night that josh thurgood has signed up for gepps cross.

That is correct, great pick up for the club. Sure he will be dangerous in div 2.

I don't care what anyone says about him, I have been watching this bloke for the last 5 years in the SANFL and he is a superstar. Massive threat around goals. Will be a challenge to keep him out of the game. It can be done but don't get me wrong, it will be hard.

Anyone have any info on why he signed with Gepps? I've spoken to the bloke many times and he's never said anything to me about the rams. Did he play his juniors there?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Upthefalcons wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:got told last night that josh thurgood has signed up for gepps cross.

That is correct, great pick up for the club. Sure he will be dangerous in div 2.

I don't care what anyone says about him, I have been watching this bloke for the last 5 years in the SANFL and he is a superstar. Massive threat around goals. Will be a challenge to keep him out of the game. It can be done but don't get me wrong, it will be hard.

Anyone have any info on why he signed with Gepps? I've spoken to the bloke many times and he's never said anything to me about the rams. Did he play his juniors there?

I didnt think he was from SA?
Listed at the Hawks wasn't he or was it Richmond?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Country Vic to the Hawks
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby johnny bravo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Upthefalcons wrote:

It's the Neil Rawlings connection from when he was at Port. He spoke with The Rams either last year or year before when Jeremy Clayton was looking for a club, seems they finally got their man!
johnny bravo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 pm

johnny bravo wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
Upthefalcons wrote:

It's the Neil Rawlings connection from when he was at Port. He spoke with The Rams either last year or year before when Jeremy Clayton was looking for a club, seems they finally got their man!

Yep all makes sense. Will be interesting to see how the Rams shape up.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby awesome_idea » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Reds08 wrote:
lutz wrote:I hear there's been a bit of an exodus at Flinders Park. I don't think all have been A graders, but not good news for a club who looked to be in a good position heading into 2014.

O'Hara, O'Donnell, Fuller, Narcys, Haklar, King just to name a few A graders. Reckon all of them have played in Flags. Hopefully they can replace them pretty quickly.

O'Donnell would be the only big loss looking at last season none of the others names really had big influences. Flinders have some hidden gems in there reserves hopefully they will be given a shot now.
awesome_idea
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby piccachu » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:10 am

Heard Martinello was also on the move ?
also heard from a few SMOSH blokes Luke Porpycia looks to be on the move, Golden Grove was mentioned as a possible destination, anyone give any more on this one, will be a huge loss
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby awesome_idea » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:10 pm

piccachu wrote:Heard Martinello was also on the move ?

that would be news to me! Hayden would be a big loss for us.
awesome_idea
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Coming soon to a forum near you ; The Gowans boys rumours. Heard it twice yesterday. I'm a chance to run into Jimmy at work tomorrow and will ask him myself before I post which 6 clubs they are linked too :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:36 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Coming soon to a forum near you ; The Gowans boys rumours. Heard it twice yesterday. I'm a chance to run into Jimmy at work tomorrow and will ask him myself before I post which 6 clubs they are linked too :roll:

Surly a bit of $$ would be getting thrown at them. Past there prime but can still do plenty of damage.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby bird of prey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Coming soon to a forum near you ; The Gowans boys rumours. Heard it twice yesterday. I'm a chance to run into Jimmy at work tomorrow and will ask him myself before I post which 6 clubs they are linked too :roll:

Surly a bit of $$ would be getting thrown at them. Past there prime but can still do plenty of damage.

Well the Gaza rumor would surely be in those 6 clubs? They have pretty much signed with us every November for the last 4 years. Think they've signed with Salisbury north for a couple of those years too.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:01 pm

bird of prey wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

Well the Gaza rumor would surely be in those 6 clubs? They have pretty much signed with us every November for the last 4 years. Think they've signed with Salisbury north for a couple of those years too.

BANG! That just happens to be where I expect to see him and horse dog. The bloke that runs your AFL 9s league at Klemzig oval "The game for everyone" is from Centrals and has told me that Jim is going to make a cameo. I'd imagine it would be a tight squeeze to fit the Gowans, the Bordertown team and the Radetti$ all into one team though ;)

PS - I'm still filthy on Gaza for selling the Red Baron
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Fricky » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:07 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

BANG! That just happens to be where I expect to see him and horse dog. The bloke that runs your AFL 9s league at Klemzig oval "The game for everyone" is from Centrals and has told me that Jim is going to make a cameo. I'd imagine it would be a tight squeeze to fit the Gowans, the Bordertown team and the Radetti$ all into one team though ;)

PS - I'm still filthy on Gaza for selling the Red Baron

One of the Gowans boys was on MMM the other week to dispel all rumours about them playing footy next season. The rumour Jars put out there was that both were going to co-coach Freeling but this was put to bed along with playing any footy at all. If they do pull on the boots it'd be for one game here or there rather than for a whole season.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:17 pm

3 big games during the year to get their club of choice to the finals and then finals. That's maybe 6 games each. All that would take is a 10K sponsor for a club just around the corner. Of course most clubs don't pay their players so it probably won't happen. :roll:
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Fricky » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:43 pm

wristwatcher wrote:3 big games during the year to get their club of choice to the finals and then finals. That's maybe 6 games each. All that would take is a 10K sponsor for a club just around the corner. Of course most clubs don't pay their players so it probably won't happen. :roll:

If the Gowans boys play with the same enthusiasm as they did in their SANFL days I wouldn't be surprised to see them front up to the tribunal after one of their games. What would be their tally of suspended games if they did play in the SAAFL?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby BurraBoys » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:56 pm

piccachu wrote:Heard Martinello was also on the move ?
also heard from a few SMOSH blokes Luke Porpycia looks to be on the move, Golden Grove was mentioned as a possible destination, anyone give any more on this one, will be a huge loss

News to me but ive been out of town for a week.
Source?
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby piccachu » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:00 pm

[quoteNews to me but ive been out of town for a week.
Source?][/quote]

heard from a couple of SMOSH boys on the weekend and also his cousin plays for us and also mentioned he may be on the move, not saying its 100% hes off to G&G or leaving smosh for that matter but that was the whisper
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Cohiba » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:21 pm

piccachu wrote:[quoteNews to me but ive been out of town for a week.
Source?]

heard from a couple of SMOSH boys on the weekend and also his cousin plays for us and also mentioned he may be on the move, not saying its 100% hes off to G&G or leaving smosh for that matter but that was the whisper[/quote]

=))
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby ramming23 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Can someone please enlighten me on the rumour floating around the Eastern Suburbs that the Falcons have signed two retiring Norwood premiership players with one of them being a very big name? Heard its subject to him moving back to Victoria, but if he doesn't he's now a Falcon?
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League