Concerned Mum on 5AA

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Concerned Mum on 5AA

Postby Ruck Legend » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:36 pm

Last night on 5AA a mum rang up KG and Cornsey seeking advice on the following.
She said her son playes under 16's for a club in the south-west suburbs. He played 16's last year but seemed to small and was getting squashed. She said he has all the gear and trains twice a week but come Saturday's is not getting much of a go. She said last week his side was up by 7 goals at half-time and went onto win. Her son came on with 3 minutes to go in the last quarter for his first run of the day. Cornsey adviced her to talk to his coach. She said she had mentioned that to her son, but her son, said don't worry Mum I will be alright. Cornsey also said the main priority of juniors was to give all kids a fair go. This obviously not happening here. Obviously some clubs in juniors want to win and win only.
My advice to this Mum and any other parents who read this. If your child wants to play junior footy and wants more game time go out to Morphettville Park Football Club because they will give your son and any junior a fair go.

A big concern at the moment is loosing gun young kids to soccer - well if you don't let them play footy as a junior you may loose them forever.

Come on junior clubs give kids a fair go.
Ruck Legend
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby dont think do » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Apart from the send them to morfie park, I agree.

U16's should be about teaching kids how to play the game, and of being part of the team, not getting a run for just 3 minutes.

One thing all people should take note off, Michael Jordan could not get a game for his high school basketball team.

The more kids we can get playing footy the better, even kids just playing sport has to be good.
When to much sport is never enough
dont think do
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby sprinttospace » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:50 pm

i heard that caller as well and you kind of feel for the young lad. lets face it they are not paying for sheep stations.

having been involved in a bit of junior coaching over the last 5 years i decided last year to stuff the lads that thought they were too good to train and could just roll up when they felt like it. should have seen the looks on parents faces when i started the ruckman, who everyone raved about but he didn't give a crap about the team, on the bench and left him there until 5 to go in the last. we lost by 4 or 5 goals. i told him before the game what i was doing and i had warned him before.

can't recall seeing him after that. i'll watch for his name when he is a senior and claims to be playing league.
sprinttospace

Postby MatteeG » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:55 pm

Major problem in the SFL- 50 kids vying for a spot at some clubs, other teams 5 minutes down the road scratching for 18 kids.

Unfortunately if the kid wants more of a game he has to go to another team, or suddenly transform into a superstar...
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:29 pm

the simple answer is if you aint wanted then go somewhere else to a team that does want you. either the first club will get its act together and rectify this problem or if they dont then leave.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:52 pm

Did'nt know Walkerville was in the S/E suburbs
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:58 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Did'nt know Walkerville was in the S/E suburbs

Meow.....
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:10 pm

Falcon Chick wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Did'nt know Walkerville was in the S/E suburbs

Meow.....

Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby MatteeG » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:21 pm

That is funny shit Sheik!
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:23 pm

she can send him to Kenilworth
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Concerned Mum on 5AA

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:12 pm

Ruck Legend wrote:Last night on 5AA a mum rang up KG and Cornsey seeking advice on the following.
She said her son playes under 16's for a club in the south-west suburbs. He played 16's last year but seemed to small and was getting squashed. She said he has all the gear and trains twice a week but come Saturday's is not getting much of a go. She said last week his side was up by 7 goals at half-time and went onto win. Her son came on with 3 minutes to go in the last quarter for his first run of the day. Cornsey adviced her to talk to his coach. She said she had mentioned that to her son, but her son, said don't worry Mum I will be alright. Cornsey also said the main priority of juniors was to give all kids a fair go. This obviously not happening here. Obviously some clubs in juniors want to win and win only.
My advice to this Mum and any other parents who read this. If your child wants to play junior footy and wants more game time go out to Morphettville Park Football Club because they will give your son and any junior a fair go.

A big concern at the moment is loosing gun young kids to soccer - well if you don't let them play footy as a junior you may loose them forever.

Anyone know who this player was, and how is his mum going these days? Is he getting some more minutes?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Walkerville is in the South West?
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Ruck Legend wrote:Last night on 5AA a mum rang up KG and Cornsey seeking advice on the following.

Anyone know who this player was, and how is his mum going these days? Is he getting some more minutes?

It was Caleb Daniel, gets a few more minutes now
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Yank Man » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:54 am

daysofourlives wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

It was Caleb Daniel, gets a few more minutes now

Considering that call was made back in 2006 it would make Caleb 30 now. :D Plus she said ‘Saturday’s’ and he played all his junior footy at Edwardstown on Sundays. Funny comment tho.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Epic bump. In tears.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League