Angle Vale
16%
Flinders Uni
9%

Total votes : 101

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:58 pm

happilyretired wrote:
Q. wrote:21 of us will be going to Melbourne in October. Sweet Jesus!

haha, yeah when you start getting 20+ it gets very hectic indeed!

Good Luck!! :partyman:

21, child's play... ;)
30+ headed over to Melbourne this weekend...
I'll be returning for round 2 with my bucks Party in October...
Don't know if my liver can survive such punishment...
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby moses » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:44 pm

BPwizard wrote:Who picks team of the year ?
Rigney 4 games in season how does that get u a spot, is wrong on players who played all year. Good player but 4 games not worth a spot.
Should be a set number of games you have too play to be in a team of the year.

Thompson on the wing played on ball all year.

Some names on there, i as a coach would not even worry about when we played some sides, but worthy a spot in team of the year?.

David Creek misses out second year in a row lost for words alot of coaches i speak to from other teams rates him a hard one to match up on very strong hands and good kick for goal and a key to beating angle vale shutting him down.

Stewart from smithfield really good winger a key to smithifeld being up there thru the year.

Keetch from houghton on bench should be starting a guy that size and can run is a key to any side.

But team of the year always gets some great chats about right or wrongs on selections.

Rigney should not be in the Team Of The Year????????? WTF??????? The bloke is in the best 22 players in Div 7 by the length of the straight at Flemington BP!!!!!!!!! Was the difference between Us and You guys in the Prelim mate. If it wasn't for Rigney, you guys would still be in Div 7.
moses
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:03 pm

moses wrote:Rigney should not be in the Team Of The Year????????? WTF??????? The bloke is in the best 22 players in Div 7 by the length of the straight at Flemington BP!!!!!!!!! Was the difference between Us and You guys in the Prelim mate. If it wasn't for Rigney, you guys would still be in Div 7.

:shock: :shock: :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:07 pm

hey that big bloke in Smithfields foward pocket would have been close too, didnt he kick more than Webber??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby great catch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:37 pm

marbles wrote:hey that big bloke in Smithfields foward pocket would have been close too, didnt he kick more than Webber??

Webber only played 11 games as he came into our club in round 7 lane nearly played all year an only kicked a few more
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Q. » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:10 pm

great catch wrote:
marbles wrote:hey that big bloke in Smithfields foward pocket would have been close too, didnt he kick more than Webber??

Webber only played 11 games as he came into our club in round 7 lane nearly played all year an only kicked a few more

So the bloke with the better goal average got picked. Funny about that.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby great catch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:20 pm

Q. wrote:
great catch wrote:

It's obvious he might just be better
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:23 pm

great catch wrote:
Q. wrote:
great catch wrote:

It's obvious he might just be better

Of course Webber is the better forward. As an opposition coach, Webber was a genuine quality full forward who performed week in, week out. Fantastic choice at Full Forward I say
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby BPwizard » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Rigney quality player easily best in Div 7 but i never said any difference just saying four games in season to b picked in team of year is wrong, finals games should not count all australian team is picked with out finals playing apart.

Moses
And you guys got beat by lingy and creek in the prelim. Rigney played well and before rigney come to the club we were sitting in third spot he was a difference in making the boys play more as a team but is not reason why we made the GF takes a team to play as a team. we played four finals earnt the double chance and beat you guys 3 times by an average of 10 goals and you beat us once when we had a red card played with 17 men.

Only two teams thru the whole year i thought were quality and one beat us to win the flag and the other team was banned.

Scott Webber gun full forward be good when he signs with Angle Vale?
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby tomo » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:14 pm

BPwizard wrote:Rigney quality player easily best in Div 7 but i never said any difference just saying four games in season to b picked in team of year is wrong, finals games should not count all australian team is picked with out finals playing apart.

Moses
And you guys got beat by lingy and creek in the prelim. Rigney played well and before rigney come to the club we were sitting in third spot he was a difference in making the boys play more as a team but is not reason why we made the GF takes a team to play as a team. we played four finals earnt the double chance and beat you guys 3 times by an average of 10 goals and you beat us once when we had a red card played with 17 men.

Only two teams thru the whole year i thought were quality and one beat us to win the flag and the other team was banned.

Scott Webber gun full forward be good when he signs with Angle Vale?

I think he means the qualifying final??? Rigney killed us that game, we were in front at half time!!!

Thompson killed us in the prelim!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby old farmer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Just my opinion, but i think TOTY selection should be for the best performed over 18 weeks , not just because you are one of the best players that only played 4 games. Otherwise Buddy Franklin should have got an All Australian spot because he is one of the best going around, but just had an unlucky year.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Yank Man » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:38 pm

old farmer wrote:Just my opinion, but i think TOTY selection should be for the best performed over 18 weeks , not just because you are one of the best players that only played 4 games. Otherwise Buddy Franklin should have got an All Australian spot because he is one of the best going around, but just had an unlucky year.

FWIW old farmer, I was very fortunate in 2012 to be asked to help with the TOTY in Div 7. There was criteria given as a starting point and No1 was, a player had to have played a minimum of 12 games. No2, was he had not been suspended and No3, was he needed to have embraced the competition with dignity. It is very very hard to pick TOTY's in any division because so many quality players miss out, but in 2012 only a couple of 'guns' missed out because injury starved them of the games required. That is the real secret too for me, show your quality over the whole season and you WILL GET PICKED. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 am

how is the person doing that fell of the balcony at ingle farm on the weekend
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:19 am

Robb_Stark wrote:how is the person doing that fell of the balcony at ingle farm on the weekend

Robb you come to the farm and we will throw you off :lol: :twisted:

He is well from what i've heard.. not sure the relevance to the Div 7 thread though, wasn't a football related matter or member of IFFC ;)

Perhaps contact the sporting club if you have any further queries or concerns :P
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby beeroclock » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:how is the person doing that fell of the balcony at ingle farm on the weekend

Robb you come to the farm and we will throw you off :lol: :twisted:

He is well from what i've heard.. not sure the relevance to the Div 7 thread though, wasn't a football related matter or member of IFFC ;)

Perhaps contact the sporting club if you have any further queries or concerns :P

Time for the mods to change up all threads into their allocated divvies.
No need for Farms in Div 7 thread anymore.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:51 pm

doesn't get done until October generally.

PS: Yes, I know...tomorrow is October..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Breaking news: Wayne Knowles has just stepped down as coach of IFFC.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Cohiba » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Breaking news: Wayne Knowles has just stepped down as coach of IFFC.

Expected or surprise FC.....ps you have mail.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Breaking news: Wayne Knowles has just stepped down as coach of IFFC.

Expected or surprise FC.....ps you have mail.

um, bit of column A, a bit from Column B I guess.

Footy Chick

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Well done Caroline Wilson, you feel like a big girl now? :P
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League