6%
Angle Vale
16%
Flinders Uni
9%

Total votes : 101

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:25 am

secondstring wrote:I don't think the bloke is using that at all, all it did was give Mawson Lakes a avenue to pursue Wayne.

That's fair. So why not be up front with the club? Why continually talk about the future and plans to the players and supporters alike while keeping quiet the fact he has intentions of moving on? Why site "Personal & Family" reasons as stepping down? Why give the impression that he would not coach else where?

Had he said from the start that Mawson Lakes approached him or even still actually said he was stepping down to take up another role else where, i'm sure the reaction from players and supporters alike would've been much much different.

The fact he hasn't wasted time contacting our players - before even announced as coach - shows utter disrespect I think.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby beeroclock » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:30 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
beeroclock wrote:Who's the U/18s coach PG?

Luke McGahey - 16's coach, we didn't have 18's this season but are pushing hard and hoping that next season we can have them, and with a large contingent of the 16's moving up it appeared the logical option to offer him the position I believe.

I don't know whether he has accepted the position though or if it is still available?

Most of those moving out of 16s are good enough to play Bs and push for As.
Won't be enough players for an 18s.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby secondstring » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:33 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
secondstring wrote:I don't think the bloke is using that at all, all it did was give Mawson Lakes a avenue to pursue Wayne.

That's fair. So why not be up front with the club? Why continually talk about the future and plans to the players and supporters alike while keeping quiet the fact he has intentions of moving on? Why site "Personal & Family" reasons as stepping down? Why give the impression that he would not coach else where?

Had he said from the start that Mawson Lakes approached him or even still actually said he was stepping down to take up another role else where, i'm sure the reaction from players and supporters alike would've been much much different.

The fact he hasn't wasted time contacting our players - before even announced as coach - shows utter disrespect I think

Did you think the same way about the players he brought across from Para Hills with him?
secondstring

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby marbles » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:43 am

family reasons = yeah more cash for family = ross lyon
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:37 am

I think a lot of people are speaking with their emotions at the moment as the whole thing is still a bit raw. It's important that we as a club move the right way about this without bitterness & find the ideal replacement to take us to the next stage of development to first stay in division 6 & then continue to progress through the divisions.
Wayne has been instrumental in changing some of the 'issues' that were involved in the Ingle Farm of old. I am confident that we are now away from Smit#(#*$% that we will be clear of any off field issues caused by outside influences.
He has also provided the club with some sponsorship & assisted in bringing players across. A majority of whom will stay at Ingle Farm & continue to develop the new culture & install this is in the numerous juniors coming through.
I understand that there is different challenges & different reasons to move clubs (I know, I've done it). I also know that there was some family objection to the club stemming from the start of Knowles's tenure at the club. However I'm a bit disappointed with the way it all went down with family reasons being cited as the only reason. I believe the playing group would've appreciated the honesty & understood his decision (knowing Wayne quite well, I can piece together the dots, but many others can't). After such a good season, I think all parties will look back & be a bit disappointed with how it all occurred, but it's done now, so let's move on!
It's a bit of a disappointing end to what was a great season, but hopefully just the start of a new phase in the resurrection of the Bulldogs!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:52 am

persona non grata
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:17 am

He must be a very strong bloke from what I understand, to keep coaching the club to a flag in light of some of the claims that have been made.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby lutz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:25 am

Dogwatcher wrote:He must be a very strong bloke from what I understand, to keep coaching the club to a flag in light of some of the claims that have been made.

What have you heard he had to put up with?
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:36 am

Whoa!

Ok, there are 2 sides to every story - however the coach is a big boy and if he wants to tell his side, he's got every opportunity to do so.

Lets not get into a mud slinging contest please...no more of what may or may not have happened thanks.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Pag » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 am

Being a neutral here, I can understand the IFFC being upset that they've lost a coach after he had agreed to go on, however to simply look at it as a 'traitor' thing would be naive I would think. I'm sure he had his reasons for moving on, and once the raw emotion is gone, maybe the IFFC need to look at perhaps why he may have made the decision, and if there is anything the club can do with their environment, processes etc, to ensure no coach/player leaves again.

It will never happen obviously, players and coaches will always leave, but you do your best to minimise the number. Without knowing specifics, I would think it's hard to say it's all his fault and the club had no fault whatsoever. To me, that doesn't add up.

For the record, this has happened to our club before with coaches and players, so it's not a personal shot at IFFC, just an observation.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby secondstring » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:02 am

Pag wrote:Being a neutral here, I can understand the IFFC being upset that they've lost a coach after he had agreed to go on, however to simply look at it as a 'traitor' thing would be naive I would think. I'm sure he had his reasons for moving on, and once the raw emotion is gone, maybe the IFFC need to look at perhaps why he may have made the decision, and if there is anything the club can do with their environment, processes etc, to ensure no coach/player leaves again.

It will never happen obviously, players and coaches will always leave, but you do your best to minimise the number. Without knowing specifics, I would think it's hard to say it's all his fault and the club had no fault whatsoever. To me, that doesn't add up.

For the record, this has happened to our club before with coaches and players, so it's not a personal shot at IFFC, just an observation.

Wayne asked for a signed contract from the club numerous times during the year which the club would never give him.

There is one way they could of stopped him from leaving, a binding contract..
secondstring

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Q. » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:12 am

Coaches get shafted by clubs every year. No reason the tables can't be turned.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby moses » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:16 am

Q. wrote:Coaches get shafted by clubs every year. No reason the tables can't be turned.

=D> =D> Exactly Q....Like secondstring just said Knowles was asking for a Contract for 2 years now and never got one. What would of happened if Farmers started the 2014 Season 0-6? guess who's head would have been on the chopping block? It's not 1924 you give Coaches and Players Contracts!
moses
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:26 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
beeroclock wrote:Going to be some very interesting games in Div 6 next season.
As if the season just gone wasn't action packed enough.

No there wont. We (Ingle Farm) will not allow ourselves to be clouded by emotions <not clouded by emotions, eh? :roll: > affect what we as a club have been working hard towards and the direction we want to take.

No individual is greater than the club, and we will continue to press on and focus on where we need to be and what we need to achieve.

He is not worthy of investing our energy into - Mawson Lakes will just be another game we will treat the same, looking to acculamate the 2 points and continue on our way.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby WOS Dragons » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:29 pm

moses wrote:
Q. wrote:Coaches get shafted by clubs every year. No reason the tables can't be turned.

=D> =D> Exactly Q....Like secondstring just said Knowles was asking for a Contract for 2 years now and never got one. What would of happened if Farmers started the 2014 Season 0-6? guess who's head would have been on the chopping block? It's not 1924 you give Coaches and Players Contracts!

Contracts are only worth anything if the club is willing to enforce them. I would find it highly unlikley a club would take a coach to court if he walked out on a contract. Unless they had pre-paid him and wanted the $ back. At the end of the day its amatuer footy and if blokes dont want to be at the club then the club needs to move on and find people that do.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby beeroclock » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:13 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:I think a lot of people are speaking with their emotions at the moment as the whole thing is still a bit raw. It's important that we as a club move the right way about this without bitterness & find the ideal replacement to take us to the next stage of development to first stay in division 6 & then continue to progress through the divisions.
Wayne has been instrumental in changing some of the 'issues' that were involved in the Ingle Farm of old. I am confident that we are now away from Smit#(#*$% that we will be clear of any off field issues caused by outside influences.
He has also provided the club with some sponsorship & assisted in bringing players across. A majority of whom will stay at Ingle Farm & continue to develop the new culture & install this is in the numerous juniors coming through.
I understand that there is different challenges & different reasons to move clubs (I know, I've done it). I also know that there was some family objection to the club stemming from the start of Knowles's tenure at the club. However I'm a bit disappointed with the way it all went down with family reasons being cited as the only reason. I believe the playing group would've appreciated the honesty & understood his decision (knowing Wayne quite well, I can piece together the dots, but many others can't). After such a good season, I think all parties will look back & be a bit disappointed with how it all occurred, but it's done now, so let's move on!
It's a bit of a disappointing end to what was a great season, but hopefully just the start of a new phase in the resurrection of the Bulldogs!

That sounds like a speech from a wannabe coach.
Well put.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby old fullback » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:31 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:I think a lot of people are speaking with their emotions at the moment as the whole thing is still a bit raw. It's important that we as a club move the right way about this without bitterness & find the ideal replacement to take us to the next stage of development to first stay in division 6 & then continue to progress through the divisions.

Well said Milky Bar Kid, But Wayne Knowles is good mates with the Riddler and I believe Wayne's brother Scott is also involved at Mawson's, so poaching is alive in Div7? lol
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Q. » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:48 pm

old fullback wrote:Well said Milky Bar Kid, But Wayne Knowles is good mates with the Riddler and I believe Wayne's brother Scott is also involved at Mawson's, so poaching is alive in Div7? lol

Ingle Farm would be very familiar with poaching :lol:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby mozzie » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:53 pm

old fullback wrote:

Well said Milky Bar Kid, But Wayne Knowles is good mates with the Riddler and I believe Wayne's brother Scott is also involved at Mawson's, so poaching is alive in Div7? lol

OldFullback Scott is actually a registered Ingle Farm player, i know because i cleared him to Ingle farm myself. Wayne Knowles is the coach of Mawson lakes so move on. Like Q said you would know all about poaching players as i cant recall much crap getting said when u got all the Para Hills players last season?
mozzie
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby FRED » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:54 am

I have been told by a mate who's sister works in a pub who heard 2 guys talking about a bloke they know who's uncle had dinner with the manager of a tyre company who put tyres on a blokes car who told him that his brother had heard that Wayne Knowles HAD BEEN OFFERED TWICE AS MUCH AS INGLE FARM OFFERED TO COACH MAWSON LAKES. FACT
FRED
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 10 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League