SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Arch44 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Bradman wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
X Runna wrote:Rosewater won the A's and Lockleys the B's.

Just looked at their team and Rossies are 2 players off their best. With A's and B's in the big dance the train from earlier in the season is gunna be super hard to stop. Start worrying Hounds. :D

Lol. Alot more grand final experience in the hounds team to worry about rosewater.

I reckon Blackfriars would be dreading playing Rosie's this week! Small ground , contested footy, cant run to as much free space and expose pace like they have been and the only side to give them a hiding this year.
Blackfriars won by a few on the return when Rosies out of form. Blackfriars had West Croydon's measure, Grand Final Experience will count for nothing, this isn't Afl or Port Magpies from the 80's and 90's

50 / 50 game now and Rosies have had everything they could have ask for in regards to the size of oval, both sides still alive to train and had 3 good hit outs with minimal injuries

I just wish Cj Blacks was still around the club!!

Not sure if size of the oval means too much Bradman. Blacks isn't exactly a huge oval to play on and they won plenty of games there. Contested footy and pressure on the ball carrier is something they are pretty good at. Very even side imo.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby zedman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Bradman wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Just looked at their team and Rossies are 2 players off their best. With A's and B's in the big dance the train from earlier in the season is gunna be super hard to stop. Start worrying Hounds. :D

Lol. Alot more grand final experience in the hounds team to worry about rosewater.

I reckon Blackfriars would be dreading playing Rosie's this week! Small ground , contested footy, cant run to as much free space and expose pace like they have been and the only side to give them a hiding this year.
Blackfriars won by a few on the return when Rosies out of form. Blackfriars had West Croydon's measure, Grand Final Experience will count for nothing, this isn't Afl or Port Magpies from the 80's and 90's

50 / 50 game now and Rosies have had everything they could have ask for in regards to the size of oval, both sides still alive to train and had 3 good hit outs with minimal injuries

triple mmm said its the first time in 120 years the A and B grade at Rosewater both in GF's..is that correct bradman?

i actually think the small oval suits BOS..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Bradman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Arch - that's where rosewater beat them convincingly, on their own small deck
Blackfriars love to Run the ball, switch but with less space would need to be spot on with disposal.

Zed, 70's I reckon was the last time but not 100 % sure. I know in my time at rosies (since 2001) b grade never made one. interesting you think small oval suits a side that gets outside run, I reckon they would have preferred a bigger oval.
one side of Price is far more open than the other so will be interesting if either coach tries to play it differently. being Mitchams coach previously going to obviously know the ground.
Some like to say Arrogant, I like to say confident.
Bradman
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Bradman wrote:Arch - that's where rosewater beat them convincingly, on their own small deck
Blackfriars love to Run the ball, switch but with less space would need to be spot on with disposal.

Zed, 70's I reckon was the last time but not 100 % sure. I know in my time at rosies (since 2001) b grade never made one. interesting you think small oval suits a side that gets outside run, I reckon they would have preferred a bigger oval.
one side of Price is far more open than the other so will be interesting if either coach tries to play it differently. being Mitchams coach previously going to obviously know the ground.

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby zedman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Bradman wrote:Arch - that's where rosewater beat them convincingly, on their own small deck

more so going on what i saw last year..big bodied side and liked it in close..must have changed :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Pinarello » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Good luck to the Blackfriars lads & the Super Coach A. Bojanick
Pinarello
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Bradman wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Didn't the hounds beat rosewater without the 2 Demasi brothers plus a couple of others? Out of form or second to the ball?
Just because rosewater won the game at St Doms that gives them an advantage over the team who has always played on a smaller ground? :lol:
I'm sure BOS are shitting their pants :lol:
How are they going to fair when they don't have control of the siren? :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby The Informer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:47 pm

All i want to know is where is CJ_Blacks, he used to give us so much years ago.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:50 pm

The_Informer wrote:All i want to know is where is CJ_Blacks, he used to give us so much years ago.

wassprinttospace would know I reckon.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:06 pm

didn't he end up running away to take a position with Port Adelaide at some stage?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Informer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Footy Chick wrote:didn't he end up running away to take a position with Port Adelaide at some stage?

Yes he did go to Port Power, i remember doing a guided tour thri their facilities one day and his head popped out of the video room.

I then started seeing his head in the Power box on game days, another reason i dislike the Power.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Big day for the Kennel tomorrow, I saw what we did to the joint when we won our first and only game in the new clubrooms in 2012, and the B grade didnt get within 12 goals of a win that year, so i shudder to think what a premiership double would be celebrated like..

I think Bradman and the boys get the job done in the twos by 30-40, just a side playing with extreme confidence and although a lack of footy in recent weeks may halt there momentum, I think they still win comfortably

The A grade should be a belting game, the best team in the comp playing the form team of the finals and both sides would give themselves a massive sniff, and rightly so. Match winners through out each side. I think BOS have the edge by less than 2 goals, but my heart says Rosies by 10 points, should be a cracker!
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:01 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:didn't he end up running away to take a position with Port Adelaide at some stage?

Yes he did go to Port Power, i remember doing a guided tour thri their facilities one day and his head popped out of the video room.

I then started seeing his head in the Power box on game days, another reason i dislike the Power.

well you should start disliking Hawthorn as well because that's where he is now. has been there for a few years. have seen him the coaches box from time to time does something along the lines of player analysis.
cj was the instrumental person in getting BOS going. he was a character back in the day on this forum and created a fair bit of mayhem. i haven't seen him since the '07 GF but will always be welcome at the club imo.

now for the game tomorrow .. simply, the best team on the day will win ... in form, out of from, best team, second best team, small ground, big ground, whatever, whatever, whatever ... the best team on the day will win. looking forward to it and best of luck to our lads and a little less luck to the lads from Rosewater.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby woofwoof » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Central united B&f night tonight . Great to see the place packed and good to hear that both A &B coahes were reappointed.

A grade
Best &FAIREST tom porter 51votes
R/up brad wooward 41
Third james bain 35

B GRADE
B&f tony forlani 29 votes
R/up jason rothwell 28 votes
3rd ryan haronen25
woofwoof

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby X Runna » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:47 pm

Ripper game in the A's tomorrow, could go right down to the wire & either way.

Rosies to win the B's comfortably, Lockleys a bit one dimensional & predictable - will get caught out by Rosies run & spread.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Yank Man » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:06 am

X Runna wrote:Ripper game in the A's tomorrow, could go right down to the wire & either way.

Rosies to win the B's comfortably, Lockleys a bit one dimensional & predictable - will get caught out by Rosies run & spread.

Had a good walk around Price Memorial today, nice to see it is at it's worst, sandy, lack of grass, hard centre and may the best mountain goat teams win. :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:25 pm

BOS have absolutely smashed rosewater all day. Games been over since 2nd quarter. Score atm 19-7 to 7-12
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Double loss for Rosies with Lockleys getting up by 2pts.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Yank Man » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:07 pm

mighty hounds wrote:BOS have absolutely smashed rosewater all day. Games been over since 2nd quarter. Score atm 19-7 to 7-12

Must be tough task masters at your club mighty hounds, I thought No 14 Richardson was outstanding and couldn't get in the best players. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Yank Man wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:BOS have absolutely smashed rosewater all day. Games been over since 2nd quarter. Score atm 19-7 to 7-12

Must be tough task masters at your club mighty hounds, I thought No 14 Richardson was outstanding and couldn't get in the best players. :D

Lol I don't play at BOS anymore. I actually thought he was top 3.
mighty hounds
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League