New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Wazz17 wrote:After listening to the different parties on Monday night it was no clearer to me what will happen with the inclusions of the two new sides next year. There is talk of mergers, the Para Hills scenario, who will finish where etc.
One thing I definitely agree on is that the clubs involved in these grades should be the ones who decide not Div 1,2 etc. Yes I know constitutionally all member clubs have to vote but commonsense should prevail here.

That's what I thought about setting a different salary cap for D1/2 as well.

Interestingly some of the loudest opponents to that are the same crying foul in this situation.

My suspicion is no one has a mortgage on hypocrisy.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby WOS Dragons » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:05 pm

So if eastern park happen to lose the gf which could be there 3rd loss for the year they don't deserve a spot in div 3 over a team that has won 3 games for the year?
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:15 pm

WOS Dragons wrote:So if eastern park happen to lose the gf which could be there 3rd loss for the year they don't deserve a spot in div 3 over a team that has won 3 games for the year?

Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby S Demon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:29 am

heater31 wrote:I don't understand everyone was outraged that have clubs elected to not accept promotion in the past few years....now more are outraged now that the clubs have allowed the league to amend the promotion rule for 1 season to allow clubs from a neighbouring league join :?

But maybe those clubs were outraged because they would go up given the chance and now that chance has been taken away. Just because a few clubs chose not to go up in the last few years, that doesn't mean EVERY other club doesn't want to given the chance

What ever happens happens, but I believe that new teams coming in should either have to wait until there is an appropriate opening, OR any wholesale changes to the rules and regulations of our competition that effect promotion/relegation should be introduced at the start of the season so that everyone is clear on what is going to happen at the end of the season. Not just introduced part way through the current season
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:21 am

S Demon wrote:
heater31 wrote:I don't understand everyone was outraged that have clubs elected to not accept promotion in the past few years....now more are outraged now that the clubs have allowed the league to amend the promotion rule for 1 season to allow clubs from a neighbouring league join :?

But maybe those clubs were outraged because they would go up given the chance and now that chance has been taken away. Just because a few clubs chose not to go up in the last few years, that doesn't mean EVERY other club doesn't want to given the chance

What ever happens happens, but I believe that new teams coming in should either have to wait until there is an appropriate opening, OR any wholesale changes to the rules and regulations of our competition that effect promotion/relegation should be introduced at the start of the season so that everyone is clear on what is going to happen at the end of the season. Not just introduced part way through the current season

It was proposed and discussed at the (relatively) start of the season and the clubs delegates approved it.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby zedman » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:59 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
S Demon wrote:

It was proposed and discussed at the (relatively) start of the season and the clubs delegates approved it.

delegates approved the premier up only in div 4,5 and 6 and the possibility of 8th down in div 4 at the start of the season? i must have missed that memo..i will go and slap our FD for not telling me..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Actually I stand corrected:
The original proposal was put up at the November AGM 2015 & then reaffirmed at the February 2016 General Committee Meeting
It was based on an argument from Hectorville that it should be 2 up and 3 down and the clubs (when they had no knowledge of how it would affect them) told us 1 and 2 down
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby zedman » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Actually I stand corrected:
The original proposal was put up at the November AGM 2015 & then reaffirmed at the February 2016 General Committee Meeting
It was based on an argument from Hectorville that it should be 2 up and 3 down and the clubs (when they had no knowledge of how it would affect them) told us 1 and 2 down

oic..what was the proposal in November?
zedman
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:58 pm

zedman wrote:

something along the lines of the SAAFL being given the right/ability to grade new clubs as they believe best suited, and would result in the 2 up, 1 down scenario..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:51 pm

zedman wrote:

The Minutes will come out for the 2016 AGM but the discussion was based upon the attached letter (which was sent out to all clubs)
Attachments
Hectorville GC Agenda.pdf
(337.58 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:12 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
zedman wrote:

The Minutes will come out for the 2016 AGM but the discussion was based upon the attached letter (which was sent out to all clubs)

These type of facts have no place on this forum :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby zedman » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
zedman wrote:

It is Hectorville’s view that for Divisions 2 down to Division 7 or 8 that the two Grand
Finalists should be promoted and rewarded for the effort to get to the next level.
This may mean more
than two clubs are relegated if new affiliations are accepted.

interesting..they only mentioned more than 2(e.g. 3) down to enable the 2 up to remain as an option for grand finalists as it always has been..thanks jimmy..
zedman
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:31 pm

Have Hectorville gone a bit rogue the last couple of years?

* Jumping into SANFL Juniors in defiance to the rest of the NEMJFL
* Pushing for extra clubs to be relegated in the case of new additions to the league
* Wanting new clubs to buy into a share of the league (around $40k) in order to join, even though they could never claim it back if they left.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Have Hectorville gone a bit rogue the last couple of years?

* Pushing for extra clubs to be relegated in the case of new additions to the league
* Wanting new clubs to buy into a share of the league (around $40k) in order to join, even though they could never claim it back if they left.

Don't get me started.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby mickey » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:46 pm

jo172 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Have Hectorville gone a bit rogue the last couple of years?

Don't get me started.

Last edited by mickey on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:45 pm

This letter was actually very good and was meant to do nothing more than create debate
It covered most of the issues surrounding the possible entry of new clubs

Some (I) would say they were 8 months ahead of everyone else (ie) they foresaw the issues now being discussed on here
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

This letter was actually very good and was meant to do nothing more than create debate
It covered most of the issues surrounding the possible entry of new clubs

Some (I) would say they were 8 months ahead of everyone else (ie) they foresaw the issues now being discussed on here

My memory says they were dirty at getting demoted when they finished 9th when they were of the belief they wouldnt be.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Better memory than me - I think you're right
Point is they kicked this same discussion off that night
IIRC, their argument was that they should know what the lay of the land is before the season starts, which is actually what has been said above.
That's why the discussion was had and the clubs agreed (by vote) to the proposed methodology in February 2016
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:29 pm

2:30 PM / Sat 13 Aug

Morphettville Park 3.5-23

Morphett Vale 32.21-213
zedman
Coach

Postby Fricky » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:44 pm

zedman wrote:2:30 PM / Sat 13 Aug

Morphettville Park 3.5-23

Morphett Vale 32.21-213

With Edwardstown losing the Elimination Final in Div 4 it seems the league got it right with putting them there. Didn't give them an easy ride in a lower grade but also didn't put them in a Division where they would get thumped every week. Morphy Park are middle of the pack this season, about where Edwardstown were last season, so Div 4 looks like a good place to put them. Brighton lost the GF to Reynella last year and will be at least top 3 this year so maybe Div 3 will be about right. They'll play finals next season but it's anyone's guess on if they'll dominate the division or just be a decent side. Long trip from Brighton to Eastern Park next season (provided EP win this weekend).
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League