No votes
Tea Tree Gully
30%

Total votes : 30

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:14 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:My prediction is Henley to pip Broadview and SHOC to beat PHOS Camden, which means the five would be ....
TTG
Henley
SHOC
Old Ignations
Broadview

well you got that right, interesting scoreline in the Old Iggies/ Glenunga game, i will leave it at that, think however it will be out of the top 3 to fight it out but with finals anything can happen

Not sure what you are getting at re Old Iggies match?? Percentage did not matter as they were going to finish 4th anyway and get the home final, playing a team who had not won all year and had about 25 injured players who could not be picked! Weird comment :shock:

You are correct .... Glenunga put the cue in the rack weeks ago and Old Iggies are playing as well as anyone in Div 2
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:42 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:My prediction is Henley to pip Broadview and SHOC to beat PHOS Camden, which means the five would be ....
TTG
Henley
SHOC
Old Ignations
Broadview

well you got that right, interesting scoreline in the Old Iggies/ Glenunga game, i will leave it at that, think however it will be out of the top 3 to fight it out but with finals anything can happen

Not sure what you are getting at re Old Iggies match?? Percentage did not matter as they were going to finish 4th anyway and get the home final, playing a team who had not won all year and had about 25 injured players who could not be picked! Weird comment :shock:

You are correct .... Glenunga put the cue in the rack weeks ago and Old Iggies are playing as well as anyone in Div 2

whatever, i am still trying to work out the live scoring application that was being used showing the 1st 3 quarters only went 19 minutes. if thats correct they have kicked alot of goals in a shorter space of time than normal. I note the last 1/4 went 26 mins, result or premiership table doesnt bother me in the slightest, still think it will be a two team race between The Gullies and Henley
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby locky801 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Iggies looking the goods over Broadies at 1/2 time with a 34 point lead
locky801
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:10 pm

Watched Henley v SHOC on Saturday .... terrific game. Sharks started well against a stiff breeze, controlled the ball well and held a 5 point lead at the first break. SHOC responded well in the second, kicking the first two goals and defended well for the rest of the quarter, allowing Henley just a single goal and a 2 point lead at the long break. The wind and rain was turning game into a real slog. SHOC set up a 13 point lead at 3/4 time, but Henley were coming home with a strong breeze. The Sharks pressure in the last quarter was elite and the ball was camped inside their forward 50. They kicked a couple of quick goals and hit the front about half way through the quarter. Somehow SHOC found a way to get the ball inside 50 and they took back the lead. Henley had three chances to win in the last 5 minutes, but they all missed. I thought Henley were the better team on the day, but 2.8 in the last quarter cost them. For SHOC, Shattock played an incredible last quater to hold up the Sharks time and again.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Gullies beat SHOC by about 44 points. TTG kicked 8.3 to 0.1 in the first quarter and it was game over.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:10 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Gullies beat SHOC by about 44 points. TTG kicked 8.3 to 0.1 in the first quarter and it was game over.

They looked pretty slick.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:27 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Watched Henley v SHOC on Saturday .... terrific game. Sharks started well against a stiff breeze, controlled the ball well and held a 5 point lead at the first break. SHOC responded well in the second, kicking the first two goals and defended well for the rest of the quarter, allowing Henley just a single goal and a 2 point lead at the long break. The wind and rain was turning game into a real slog. SHOC set up a 13 point lead at 3/4 time, but Henley were coming home with a strong breeze. The Sharks pressure in the last quarter was elite and the ball was camped inside their forward 50. They kicked a couple of quick goals and hit the front about half way through the quarter. Somehow SHOC found a way to get the ball inside 50 and they took back the lead. Henley had three chances to win in the last 5 minutes, but they all missed. I thought Henley were the better team on the day, but 2.8 in the last quarter cost them. For SHOC, Shattock played an incredible last quater to hold up the Sharks time and again.

Think Henley win this week, even at SHOC's home ground. They should have won last time, and dominated at times. As you said, Shattock helped win the game, but he got injured on the weekend and did not play second half, hopefully he is ok to play this week. Cant see either getting close to TTG though, were simply awesome on the weekend.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby meanderman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:49 pm

how do points work with old scholars sides do they have father/son?
meanderman
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:56 pm

meanderman wrote:how do points work with old scholars sides do they have father/son?

To be a zero pointer you would have to played a minimum number of games for the school (25?). Not sure if kick to kick during the lunch break qualifies as a game.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Brett Dobson wins the Div 2R medal. Not bad for a 41 year old
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 pm

Congratulations to Chad Schoenmakers on winning Div 2 medal. Classy footballer and person .... well deserved.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:01 pm

I couldn't download the stream :?

so thanks for spoiling the result ;)

Kidding :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Thoughts on this weeks Grand Finals.
Shoc v TTG- SHOCS very impressive on weekend. Have got massive units in their side. All 3 grades have big units. Not sure what’s in the water at SHOCS. I’m going an upset and SHOCS to get over the line.

Henley v Broadies. Have played 2 cracking games and will be the 3rd time in 6 weeks they have played each other- Henley to win another cracking final

Henley v SHOCS- Henley been best side all year and should win this one.

Should be 3 cracking games this weekend
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:02 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Thoughts on this weeks Grand Finals.
Shoc v TTG- SHOCS very impressive on weekend. Have got massive units in their side. All 3 grades have big units. Not sure what’s in the water at SHOCS. I’m going an upset and SHOCS to get over the line.

Henley v Broadies. Have played 2 cracking games and will be the 3rd time in 6 weeks they have played each other- Henley to win another cracking final

Must have been big turnaround by SHOCS from the previous week, they were horrible against TTG. Cant see how they reverse that result, but stranger things have happened!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby locky801 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:49 pm

Funny things tend to happen in G/F's but agree all 3 games should be absolute crackers, current forecast 26C with a chance of a shower

A Grade: Gullies been the benchmark most the year, the ease in which SHOC demolished Henley last week would give them a lot of confidence however i think Gullies will get over the line by 11-20

B Grade: My Broadie boys get to take Henley on away from their home ground, previous 2 games have been tight affairs, these two been the best 2 sides all year, Boxy is due for a G/F win and reckon Broadies will get over the line by 1-5 points

C Grade: Henley should win this, clearly the best side all year, bad kicking against SHOC cost us a win in the 1st semi, Henleys pace and ability to switch quickly should have them comfortable winners by 36-42 points
locky801
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:59 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

Must have been big turnaround by SHOCS from the previous week, they were horrible against TTG. Cant see how they reverse that result, but stranger things have happened!

I thought Henley would beat SHOC. Certainly didn't expect SHOC to win so easily, although I noticed Corey Gray didn't play for the Sharks .... that's a big out. SHOC do have some tall timber - Spurling, Button, Mccarthy, Noble and Tapp. In the second semi against Gullies they look a little too tall and a touch slow. Gullies cut them up with pace and slick ball movement. TTG will need to do something similar Saturday if they are going to win. If they allow the SHOC mids to get on top the SHOC talls could be decisive.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:54 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

I thought Henley would beat SHOC. Certainly didn't expect SHOC to win so easily, although I noticed Corey Gray didn't play for the Sharks .... that's a big out. SHOC do have some tall timber - Spurling, Button, Mccarthy, Noble and Tapp. In the second semi against Gullies they look a little too tall and a touch slow. Gullies cut them up with pace and slick ball movement. TTG will need to do something similar Saturday if they are going to win. If they allow the SHOC mids to get on top the SHOC talls could be decisive.

Corey Gray injured his medial ligament. Trained on Saturday with the Ressies and was going to try and get up for the Grand Final if they had beaten SHOCS
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Expecting the D2 game to be played in the wet which should suit the Gullies. We know what a slop heap Norwood turns into when it rains.

Was impressed when Gullies played us earlier in the year in the "Noah's Ark Game" at their ground

Gullies 15-27
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:48 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Expecting the D2 game to be played in the wet which should suit the Gullies. We know what a slop heap Norwood turns into when it rains.

Was impressed when Gullies played us earlier in the year in the "Noah's Ark Game" at their ground

Gullies 15-27

Don’t think the rain will affect this match, but Sunday on the other hand.....

Having said that, Norwood Oval is in great condition these days, and even with rain is in fantastic knick.

TTG by 45 points.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby RHM 17 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:20 pm

Are they charging to get into the grand final....
RHM 17
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League