02 - Woodville South
00 - Kilburn

Round 6
Pembroke OS v Morphettville Park
Walkerville v Pulteney
Gepps Cross v Woodville South
Kilburn v SMOSH West Lakes
Mitcham v Hope Valley

Well this weekend marks the 1 third point of the season, and Walkerville likely will be sitting clear on top undefeated. Pembroke and Morphy Parks will be playing off for outright second, and the loser either 3rd or 4th depending on the Hope Valley outcome.

A Valleys loss though, and potentially SMOSH, MItcham and Gepps Cross pull a game clear of Pulteney, and leave Woody South and Kilburn floundering at the bottom.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Woody Sth knock off Gepps Cross this weekend though, and Kilburn will be desperate to kick start their season, SMOSH have been a little inconsistent so far.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

Postby Arch44 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:28 am

Bgrade on the weekend at Morphy Pks who ever records their goal kickers either needs their eyes checked or they are playing games. No.31 kicked at least 3 goals and is down for none.

Good set up down there though with the new clubrooms and changerooms and the jugs of beer after were much appreciated.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Tue May 11, 2021 12:32 pm

Arch44 wrote:Bgrade on the weekend at Morphy Pks who ever records their goal kickers either needs their eyes checked or they are playing games. No.31 kicked at least 3 goals and is down for none.

Good set up down there though with the new clubrooms and changerooms and the jugs of beer after were much appreciated.

Correct kicked 3, had a jumper change b4 game 28 to 31, not updated on results,
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Number7 » Sat May 15, 2021 7:49 pm

After todays loss, where are Kilburn at?
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat May 15, 2021 7:51 pm

Pulteney chances to steal the game during the last but Walkies good enough to hold on.

Much better performance from the Blues, proud of you soft cocks.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Sun May 16, 2021 8:49 am

Number7 wrote:After todays loss, where are Kilburn at?

Pretty obvious..... bottom and going down to div 5 2022
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 17, 2021 10:42 am

Ladder after Round 6 - the one third mark:
12 - Walkerville
10 - Pembroke OS
08 - Morphettville Park
06 - Hope Valley
06 - SMOSH West Lakes
----------------------------------
06 - Mitcham
06 - Gepps Cross
04 - Pulteney
02 - Woodville South
00 - Kilburn

Round 7
SMOSH West Lakes vs Pembroke
Hope Valley vs Kilburn
Morphettville Park vs Walkerville
Pulteney vs Gepps Cross
Woodville South vs Mitcham

Some very interesting games this weekend starting with SMOSH and Pembroke. The Lions with a couple of good wins in the past fortnight will be eager to knock off the Kings at home, entrenching themselves in the 5 approaching the halfway mark. For the Kings they were challenged Friday night, were good enough to push through for the win but signs that there are chinks in the armour.

Morphy Pk and Walkies another mouth watering clash - the top of the table Cats pushed all the way from the Blues Saturday, whilst the Twisties pushed Pembroke in their Friday night clash. Walkies will want to hold a buffer over top.. Morphy's a buffer over 4th - and depending on the Pembroke game, potentially close in on 2nd spot.

The other game holding great interest is Pulteney and Gepps Cross. The Rams have slipped a little but still remain in touch with the top 5. The Blues have been inconsistent and find themselves walking a fine line towards the bottom of the ladder. The side who wins here will put the loser in dangerous territory.. and bolster their own finals hopes.

If SMOSH win (along with HV & Mitcham) and Morphy Pk loses, we will have 4 sides on 4 wins.. with Walkerville 2 games clear on top and Pembroke a game clear in second. Kilburn and Woody South seasons will just about be shot.

If SMOSH lose and Morphy Park win, suddenly two sides equal on 6 wins at the top, and Morphy a game back in 3rd - clear of the pack behind.

If Pulteney wins and SMOSH, HV or Mitcham lose, they'll close that gap on the 5 and be on equal wins.

If Pulteney loses and Woody Sth wins, then it will set up a battle next round with the loser to find themselves planning for D5 in 2022.

So much to play out this week, so many "what ifs"
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 17, 2021 3:36 pm

Bedge's BBQ Review
It's been a while since i've reviewed the delectable cuisine getting around the AdFL circuit.

Saturday was a visit to Walkerville, and product deserving of a review.

Following a comprehensive thrashing, moving magnets had worked up quite the appetite.. as i panned around behind me to see a lad sit down with an amazing looking roll, my stomach growled at me - a warning from inside that i needed nourishment.

Ventured over to the canteen and pondered what to get.. couldn't split the options so settled on the Kranksy roll and Marinated steak sanga.

Firstly, the Kranksy roll - pleasantly surprised to find it had a nice touch of chilli bite to it, cooked to perfection as the fat had rendered down to a juicy ooze, helping to moisten the soft 8" bread roll with a nice crunchy outer. Complimented with a touch of onion and some relish, nothing else was needed for this fine creation - and no wonder it was the last one for the day - i can see them being a good seller.

Secondly the marinated steak sandwich with the lot - the reason i originally went to the BBQ.. beautiful thick, juicy marinated steak, bacon, egg, onion.. added with some coleslaw and diced beetroot.. boy oh boy.

I thought it might've been hard to manage given the volume of the contents and precariously placed condiments, but such was the explosion of flavours which had my taste buds dancing in happiness that it was devoured in a matter of moments, without a drop to be wasted.

The bread was fresh, the meat was hot and freshly cooked, the old ducks on the BBQ lovely ladies.. cant complain, but if i'd had my time again, i would've trumped up the extra $2 and got it on one of the rolls, instead of a sandwich.

Having fresh options such as coleslaw, beetroot, relish was wonderful. Good sauce range to choose from - except would've liked a hot chilli sauce option - but that's minor in the scheme of things.

My memory is a little hazy, i was in a hurry to scoff the food and was willing to throw cash at whoever could please my tummy.. but i think it was $7 for the Marinated Steak Sanga and $9 for the Kranksy roll - both bang for buck.. great value.

When at Walkies, a trip to the BBQ is recommended. You can't go wrong.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 17, 2021 3:46 pm

I always loved umpiring junior games at Walkerville, the old digger on the BBQ would always have a kransky waiting for the umpires for when they finished, I usually done back to back 15's and 16's games so it was great to sample what had been wofting across the oval for the previous 3 and half hours.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:23 pm

If I'm out game hopping, I always happen to be near Walkerville Oval around lunch time. Their BBQ is brilliant down to the home made relish =P~
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Browny007 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm

A big cheers to the smosh lads who were out in numbers and really supported the kilburn club. Our bbq and canteen had a huge day with 7.5kg of pork sold on our pork and gravy rolls 7kg steaks got smashed. Just over 7kg of bacon well over 100 eggs plenty of snags.
On field smosh were just way to good in both grades but the game was played in good spirit and some of the best umpiring I have seen all year. Good luck to smosh for the season. There supporters are vocal and really do a good job getting behind there lads.
Browny007
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:49 am

Looking forward to heading up to the Gateway this week. Has been a while :D
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby old fullback » Fri May 21, 2021 2:27 am

Lionel Ave Blair Athol :D
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 21, 2021 10:30 am

old fullback wrote:

Your jokes are lame.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby old fullback » Sat May 22, 2021 2:28 am

The Bedge wrote:
old fullback wrote:

Your jokes are lame.
Did i beat you to it 8)
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 10:46 am

Ladder after Round 7
12 - Pembroke OS
12 - Walkerville
10 - Morphettville Park
08 - Hope Valley
06 - SMOSH West Lakes

--------------------------------------
06 - Mitcham
06 - Pulteney
06 - Gepps Cross
04 - Woodville South
00 - Kilburn

Round 8
Kilburn v Mitcham
Gepps Cross v Morphettville Park
Pulteney v Woodville South
Walkerville v SMOSH West Lakes
Pembroke OS v Hope Valley

Well this season has come alive following an interesting round of results in Rd 7. There appears to be three clear battles happening:
1. The fight for top .2
2: The fight for 5th.
3. The fight to avoid relegation.

Sadly Kilburn look destined to fill one of the relegation spots, but after Woody South knocked off Mitcham, the battle to avoid the second spot is red hot.

Pulteney systematically destroyed a poor Gepps Cross outfit, Morphy Park got the chocolates over Walkerville - unsurprisingly i think it can be said. The Twisties have shown good form in recent weeks, and were unlucky not to knock off Pembroke the Friday prior, whereas Walkerville have had the wobbles over the past fortnight despite collecting the win.

Hope Valley with a nice percentage booster positions them above the pack, and sets up an interesting clash this weekend with the Kings. Pembroke are vulnerable at times, and the Demons play the style of game - and have the type of players - that can unsettle the Kings and collect the 'W'.

Kilburn are struggling, but get Mitcham smarting off the back of a tough loss.. at home, bigger ground, youthful kids.. the Chics are their best chance here.

Pulteney host Woodville South in another interesting clash. The Blues have been inconsistent over the season, but find themselves in the mix - best is good enough. The best thing the Cats did was change coaches, since he left they've slowly been building - B grade winning games, A grade competitive cultivating in a win on the weekend. With Giddings at one end and Clark at the other, this could be a nice high scoring encounter.

Gepps Cross have their work cut out against Morphy Park at home, it's important they put up a good fight, otherwise they risk sitting in the bottom 2 at rounds end. Rams always a better unit at home though so could go either way.

Final match of the round is Walkies and SMOSH - Cats win they hold onto top 2, and potentially send the Lions spiraling out of the 5.. whilst on the flip side a SMOSH win could keep them in the hunt for a top 3 finish.

Closing in on the halfway mark, depth will begin to be tested, and wins in the next two weeks are paramount.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 26, 2021 12:59 pm

Always interesting to see how many players are used each season as clubs battle to negotiate injuries etc. I used to think that less players equated to a more settled side, and ultimately better output, but couple of the sides in the list below squash that theory.

I have started thinking recently though, that lower players used but poor results could be an outcome from coaches recycling the same players through their sides and not placing enough faith in others from the lower grades.

D4
26 - Pembroke OS
29 - Hope Valley
30 - Kilburn
31 - Gepps Cross
31 - Pulteney
32 - Mitcham
34 - Morphettville Park
34 - Walkerville
34 - SMOSH West Lakes
34 - Woodville South

D4R
34 - Pembroke OS
38 - Mitcham
39 - Gepps Cross
40 - Hope Valley
41 - Walkerville
43 - Kilburn
44 - SMOSH West Lakes
45 - Morphettville Park
46 - Pulteney
47 - Woodville South

C4
40 - Morphettville Park
40 - Gepps Cross
41 - Hope Valley
44 - SMOSH West Lakes
45 - Adelaide Uni
48 - Pembroke OS
50 - Woodville South
51 - Mitcham
56 - Walkerville
58 - Pulteney
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed May 26, 2021 1:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:Always interesting to see how many players are used each season as clubs battle to negotiate injuries etc. I used to think that less players equated to a more settled side, and ultimately better output, but couple of the sides in the list below squash that theory.

I have started thinking recently though, that lower players used but poor results could be an outcome from coaches recycling the same players through their sides and not placing enough faith in others from the lower grades.

D4
26 - Pembroke OS
29 - Hope Valley
30 - Kilburn
31 - Gepps Cross
31 - Pulteney
32 - Mitcham
34 - Morphettville Park
34 - Walkerville
34 - SMOSH West Lakes
34 - Woodville South

D4R
34 - Pembroke OS
38 - Mitcham
39 - Gepps Cross
40 - Hope Valley
41 - Walkerville
43 - Kilburn
44 - SMOSH West Lakes
45 - Morphettville Park
46 - Pulteney
47 - Woodville South

C4
40 - Morphettville Park
40 - Gepps Cross
41 - Hope Valley
44 - SMOSH West Lakes
45 - Adelaide Uni
48 - Pembroke OS
50 - Woodville South
51 - Mitcham
56 - Walkerville
58 - Pulteney

Would be interesting to hear how that theory equates come finals.....i know in cricket terms having had more players play throughout the year can be a massive benefit come finals, especially when the pressure is on and if you need to bring in players. Them having game time throughout the year can be all the difference.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Sat May 29, 2021 11:40 pm

Last edited by The Bedge on Sun May 30, 2021 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat May 29, 2021 11:43 pm

Last edited by The Bedge on Sun May 30, 2021 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League