2015 Ashes

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2015 Ashes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:51 pm

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
What criteria do we use then?

I say let's pick straws!

Bruce Reid retired years ago.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I say in order to find talent or see who our next line of bowlers/batsman are. Give them a crack. Faulker isn't a dud and he's a proven cricketer in all forms. We can't keep picking blokes based on stats and their past results. And also hope that they will bat/bowl themselves back into form. That's when young talent gets lost. Time for the old timers to know when to stop and lets start giving blokes a crack. No matter what type of deck we are playing on. Stop with the excuses.

We have the rest of the shield season to look at potential players.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I say in order to find talent or see who our next line of bowlers/batsman are. Give them a crack. Faulker isn't a dud and he's a proven cricketer in all forms. We can't keep picking blokes based on stats and their past results. And also hope that they will bat/bowl themselves back into form. That's when young talent gets lost. Time for the old timers to know when to stop and lets start giving blokes a crack. No matter what type of deck we are playing on. Stop with the excuses.

We have the rest of the shield season to look at potential players.

Besides the ones participating in the World Cup.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Everyone has a right to an opinion on here as it is a forum where you can express your opinion on any matter. I believe that Faulkner deserves a crack and he looks like he can play cricket. He's better than some blokes we've given a shot to or are still hoping they find some form (Watson).

I don't think you can play Faulkner or Marsh ahead of Watson, at least away. Try that selection on home decks first.

regards,

REB

Agreed.

I'm no Watson fan boy, but he's just too valuable as an all rounder to not have in the current side. Especially in swinging English conditions & a lack of other all rounders demanding selection.
I believe the scrutiny is more focused at him because he is clearly being batted out of position. If he was at 6, would there be the same questions? Hopefully we see Michael Clarke get fit & I think most agree that when up & running is the perfect number 3 for the Australian batting attack.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket