Australian International Summer

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:08 pm

valleys07 wrote:Where is James Faulkner at?

Think his papers have been marked and put into the same filing cabinet as Maxwell’s
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3577 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:10 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:still cant work out how our test allrounder cant get more than 3 overs in an ODI - surely if he is being picked in test matches partly for his bowling, he would be bowling 7-10 overs in ODIs every time? Surely he is a better option than Stoinis - who to be fair has justified his selection in this team, but still doesnt deserve more overs than Marsh

I'm not sure Marsh was picked for his bowling at all

Listening to Langer speak when Marsh was selected he mentioned that Marsh hadn't been bowling for WA and that the selectors were amazed at how wel Marsh was hitting the ball

I think we believed he was selected as an all rounder but I think he was selected as the next 'best bat'

think you might be right. And he is hitting the ball well, but surely he still bowls better than stoinis.

How awesome would glenn maxwell be about now. We would still be a chance
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:Couldnt of happened to a better bloke. Sucked in Smith.

If only England showed this much fight in games that counted

Faie call jim. Although id suggest we fought hard in the tests but just simply werent good enough. Any win in australia I'm going to enjoy because ive seen alot of losses :)

I respect smith for his unbelievable talent but hes comes across as bit of a tool. Im sure you guys feel the same about Anderson.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 188 times

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:still cant work out how our test allrounder cant get more than 3 overs in an ODI - surely if he is being picked in test matches partly for his bowling, he would be bowling 7-10 overs in ODIs every time? Surely he is a better option than Stoinis - who to be fair has justified his selection in this team, but still doesnt deserve more overs than Marsh

Listening to Langer speak when Marsh was selected he mentioned that Marsh hadn't been bowling for WA and that the selectors were amazed at how wel Marsh was hitting the ball

I think we believed he was selected as an all rounder but I think he was selected as the next 'best bat'

think you might be right. And he is hitting the ball well, but surely he still bowls better than stoinis.

Gut feel tells me there has been some issues in the changerooms (which we are unaware of) with culture that all a sudden a 'no dickhead policy' is enforeced, especially on the back of the bad publicity from 'cigarette gate' after the Ashes
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby carey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:17 pm

How is Warner still playing then?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:24 pm

batmanbegins wrote:I respect smith for his unbelievable talent but hes comes across as bit of a tool.

reckon most of australia agree with you. watch the public turn on him should he ever go through a bad run
bennymacca
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:26 pm

30 from 12 needed. Come on Oil, see us home mate!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10445 times
Been liked: 1545 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby valleys07 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Fevola 25 wrote:The worst 180 I have seen, but 180 is 180

6 knocks for 60 in 20/20 suggests the bloke is shit or shine and tonight is his night. Doesn't matter how many times you play and miss or miss a fielder by a couple of yards. It's gonna say 180 in the paper tomorrow

Australia have played and bowled like a team playing in a practice match after winning the Ashes 4 nil. England wanted it more and Roy rode his luck and struck the ball beautifully. Should be an interesting series now as an England win might add some interest.

Pretty happy that I will be watching a live series at AO on Straya Day

You were saying?

:(
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1174 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Any chance that Paine can get a hold of one?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3577 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Q. » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Jim05 wrote:Any chance that Paine can get a hold of one?
Lacks creativity
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby RB » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:31 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
RB wrote:What the hell would you bowl? It's 30 degrees, not chance of rain or wind or humidity and we're in Australia. And the other side has the confidence to chase. No idea why you would look at that pitch and not bat, something is wrong with modern day captains...

Correct decision to bowl first. Slow pitch that might speed up and become easier to bat on when the dew comes at night.

Bowl first (except with a very dodgy pitch and conditions) and you deserve to lose for being so defensive, as Australia have.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 775 times
Been liked: 1086 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:41 pm

Q. wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Any chance that Paine can get a hold of one?
Lacks creativity

probably should be batting at 3 in this side. doesnt have the tools to go big at the end.

or get carey in if they want someone to bat 7
bennymacca
Coach

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:44 pm

You beauty! Whilst the one dayers arent overly meaningful, any win in australia should be enjoyed. Well done to the lads they are playing superb one day cricket at the moment. Add stokesy to the side and its the best one day side we have had since 1992.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 188 times

Postby valleys07 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 pm

batmanbegins wrote:You beauty! Whilst the one dayers arent overly meaningful, any win in australia should be enjoyed. Well done to the lads they are playing superb one day cricket at the moment. Add stokesy to the side and its the best one day side we have had since 1992.

Did laugh at the army's chant "we're going to win 5-4"

:lol:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1174 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby helicopterking » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:05 pm

How Khawaja isn't in the Aussie ODI team baffles me.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 676 times

Postby helicopterking » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:08 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:

Gut feel tells me there has been some issues in the changerooms (which we are unaware of) with culture that all a sudden a 'no dickhead policy' is enforeced, especially on the back of the bad publicity from 'cigarette gate' after the Ashes

Gut feel tells me, unless you are a total 100% cricket nerd, Smith doesn't like you.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Does Smith really carry that much influence on the selection table, I hardly see the likes of Lehmann or Mark Waugh (one of the most arrogant and self righteous men alive apparently) bowing down to Sir Steve Smith. I mean he isn't even on the selection committee
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:40 pm

batmanbegins wrote:You beauty! Whilst the one dayers arent overly meaningful, any win in australia should be enjoyed. Well done to the lads they are playing superb one day cricket at the moment. Add stokesy to the side and its the best one day side we have had since 1992.

Stokes should be in jail mate.
Ask the parents of kids that have died from punches like he threw if he should be a role model cricketer.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:34 am

whufc wrote:Does Smith really carry that much influence on the selection table, I hardly see the likes of Lehmann or Mark Waugh (one of the most arrogant and self righteous men alive apparently) bowing down to Sir Steve Smith. I mean he isn't even on the selection committee

If you are going to come out and explain why a player is not selected in the squad(Maxwell) it makes it look as though you do have a fair bit of influence.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby northerner » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:08 am

bennymacca wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:I respect smith for his unbelievable talent but hes comes across as bit of a tool.

reckon most of australia agree with you. watch the public turn on him should he ever go through a bad run

Yep... ala Waugh Ponting and Clarke... says more about the mentality of the public than the individual player.
northerner
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 454 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket