Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

Postby dedja » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:25 am

If Mitch has scared the Poms witless at the Gabba and Adelaide, it's likely he'll kill a few of them in Perth if the pitch lives up to it's reputation.*

* as long as he can back up in the 3rd test the back up in the 2nd from the 1st

#neverbeendonebefore
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby Trader » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:29 am

whufc wrote:They have done a very very good job of the AO development bar the footbridge for mind. The old and new combine beautifully!!!

Footbridge was only 6m wide for the test (due to barriers), will be 8m once complete, this will improve the situation.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Trader wrote:
whufc wrote:They have done a very very good job of the AO development bar the footbridge for mind. The old and new combine beautifully!!!

Footbridge was only 6m wide for the test (due to barriers), will be 8m once complete, this will improve the situation.

And also every second person was stopping to take photos which slowed things down more
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:28 pm

RustyCage wrote:
Trader wrote:

And also every second person was stopping to take photos which slowed things down more

...and everyone would have used it for the novelty factor. Come footy season people will also use King William St bridge more as the novelty would have worn off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Most people I saw using it were going straight to or from the railway station, or heading to the croquet club.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Grahaml » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Spargo wrote:Spare a thought for how Micky Arthur is currently feeling :lol:

I'm sure Jim has

Amazing what happens when we havnt got a wanker in charge of the national side and get someone who has a clue. Pity the SACA couldnt see these qualities in Boof

Berry has done fine. Turned us from a basket case into a side that has won the T20 and now for the first time in many years we've competitive in the shield. Lehmann has done well in the roles he's been given but there's no guarantee with our guys he'd have done as well.

There's also the fact that he they appointed Lehmann we'd have lost him just as the players started to get going.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Booney wrote:
RustyCage wrote:
Trader wrote:

...and everyone would have used it for the novelty factor. Come footy season people will also use King William St bridge more as the novelty would have worn off.

Nice conversation guys. Good stuff. I've got a good image of what you're describing.
FWIW when I heard the plans, including the footbridge, I thought it'd really open up the river precinct. I've heard somewhere they're thinking about a little cafe strip on the North bank now. I reckon this'll also be a good idea, tourists will enjoy the view of the river with the festival center as a back drop.
Adelaide heading in the right direction IMHO.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket