Up and coming guns

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Up and coming guns

Postby Media Park » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Just a thought...

The up and comers in international cricket...

Not just the guys who have made a couple of runs in Shield cricket, but the guys who are just forging an International career that seemed destined for massive things.

Lonwabo Tsotsobe kicks it off for me...

18 one day internationals, 34 wickets at an average under 20.

He's a Seth Efrikan left arm quick, bowls in the mid 130's, and always seems on the spot.

Not yet turned it on in Tests, and may just be the next Chris Martin with the bat... ;)
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: Up and coming guns

Postby smithy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Steve Smith

:D
smithy

Postby heater31 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:20 pm

I have one to watch and he is currently right here in Adelaide playing cricket.....

Essex's Jaik Mickelburgh is only 20 years old in his first full first class season last year kept 2009 County Champions Durham at bay for just on a day scoring 174 in the process and sharing a club record 5th wicket stand of 339 with James Foster. This Durham line up contained Australian Michael Di Venuto and Liam Plunkett who has played Test cricket.

Graham Gooch rates him highly giving him special attention both times England were in Adelaide this season.

With Paul Collingwood out of the Test line up there is bound to be tough competition for that spot as England don't play Test cricket until Sri Lanka tour in July.

Although he hasn't got any international exposure yet if the English Batting coach rates you surely it couldn't be far away.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Grahaml » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:09 am

From Australia there are a couple. Few, and far between.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby redandblack » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 am

Watch out for Keath from Victoria in a year or two.
redandblack

Postby bloods08 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:17 pm

There is a lad from Sturt who I rate very highly by the name of Dylan Thomson. He has been making plenty of runs and taking a heap of wickets over the last couple of seasons and I'm quite surprised he hasn't had a look in with the redbacks. May have a problem with his shoulder that would prevent him from the longer form but should be considered for the shorter forms of the game.

Reminds me a bit of Ryan Harris.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:33 pm

bloods08 wrote:There is a lad from Sturt who I rate very highly by the name of Dylan Thomson. He has been making plenty of runs and taking a heap of wickets over the last couple of seasons and I'm quite surprised he hasn't had a look in with the redbacks. May have a problem with his shoulder that would prevent him from the longer form but should be considered for the shorter forms of the game.

How old is Dylan??? I think this could also count against him.
heater31

Postby toot toot » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:11 pm

heater31 wrote:
bloods08 wrote:There is a lad from Sturt who I rate very highly by the name of Dylan Thomson. He has been making plenty of runs and taking a heap of wickets over the last couple of seasons and I'm quite surprised he hasn't had a look in with the redbacks. May have a problem with his shoulder that would prevent him from the longer form but should be considered for the shorter forms of the game.

think he's about 27. Won the David Hookes medal in last years GF.
toot toot
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Bulls forever » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:56 pm

toot toot wrote:
heater31 wrote:

think he's about 27. Won the David Hookes medal in last years GF.

Dylan, probably second only in wicket taking to C. Sayers who is 23 and has been taking wickets and making runs for 4-5 years in grade cricket. Means nothing apparently these days. He also took 7 for in last game of Futures, but apparently this means nothing. Word is someone in SACA who has had a job for some time and everyone wonders what he actually does does not like him and has told Cox various untruths about his time under contract, hence no look in.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby NFC » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Media Park wrote:Just a thought...

Not just the guys who have made a couple of runs in Shield cricket, but the guys who are just forging an International career that seemed destined for massive things.

He's a Seth Efrikan left arm quick, bowls in the mid 130's, and always seems on the spot.

Not yet turned it on in Tests, and may just be the next Chris Martin with the bat... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great thread!
NFC
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Up and coming star that we have witnessed the last couple of big bash games. Another NSW quick in Cummins. Looks pretty handy
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Media Park » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 pm

NFC wrote:
Media Park wrote:Just a thought...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great thread!

Not just because of the awesome name. ;)
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Apparently there is a young Barbadian (18) who is a fair bat. For the life of me I can' remember the bloke's name though.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Apparently there is a young Barbadian (18) who is a fair bat. For the life of me I can' remember the bloke's name though.

regards,

REB

Reckon he was featured on the Cricket Show during the Tests, can't remember the name though either !!
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times

Postby Bulls forever » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:50 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Apparently there is a young Barbadian (18) who is a fair bat. For the life of me I can' remember the bloke's name though.

regards,

REB

Reckon he was featured on the Cricket Show during the Tests, can't remember the name though either !!

Sturt have a 17 year old from WI named Hodge that apparently smashes them and bowls handy left arm orthodox. Has progressed to their a Grade and having an impact. Not sure if this is the one you talk of.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby heater31 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:

regards,

REB

Sturt have a 17 year old from WI named Hodge that apparently smashes them and bowls handy left arm orthodox. Has progressed to their a Grade and having an impact. Not sure if this is the one you talk of.

I have heard the lad thinks his shite don't stink, gets smacked back over his head or cow corner and doesn't fetch the ball.......You aint playing International Cricket yet son :shock: ^#(^
heater31

Postby Bulls forever » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:19 pm

heater31 wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:

regards,

REB

I have heard the lad thinks his shite don't stink, gets smacked back over his head or cow corner and doesn't fetch the ball.......You aint playing International Cricket yet son :shock: ^#(^

Interesting, all the Poms we have had at the gully have been top lads, couldn't make a run, but certainly played well with our boys after stumps were called, no chips on any shoulders either.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby heater31 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:

Interesting, all the Poms we have had at the gully have been top lads, couldn't make a run, but certainly played well with our boys after stumps were called, no chips on any shoulders either.

This is all allegedly too,

Adelaide have no complaints about Jaik Mickelburgh either, top lad just unfortunate that he hasn't made more runs. I think I know why too, they get flogged all week by the coaching staff of the Academy and then they still rock up to club training 2 times a week :shock: No wonder they don't do any good on Saturdays :roll:
heater31

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 pm

CoverKing wrote:Up and coming star that we have witnessed the last couple of big bash games. Another NSW quick in Cummins. Looks pretty handy

Yep patrick cummins
17yo bowling 140k+
gets good movement and bounce. Has a good short ball, looks very promising. Bit of a shit fight at moment because he has been asked to attend center of excellance in qld but nsw wont let him go.
Last edited by Jim05 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Media Park » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 pm

"Pat Cummins..." What a name!

Just got another one...
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket