Cricket coverage on Australian tv - ch9 lose rights

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Cricket coverage on Australian tv - ch9 lose rights

Postby Bandit » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Had no idea the cricket was on yesterday until I saw it on the 6pm news. Had no idea ch7 don't have any ODI's or intl T20's, what a joke, didn't even think to look it up because I assumed there was no way the Aus team wouldn't be broadcast on free to air tv.
How can this TV deal be better for the game, it is all about the money - cricket Aus putting $$ over the Aus public. I cant see how this will benefit anyone going forward, especially when they are trying to re-instate some sort of faith in the national team from the younger generation. Yes they will have the $ to spend but no-one will care about cricket. Massive balls up this TV deal.

** The wife is happy though with no cricket on TV so they've got her on side, yay.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 pm

I tried tuning in several times on the Cricket Australia app, but, just like our top order it kept crashing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Bandit wrote:** The wife is happy though with no cricket on TV so they've got her on side, yay.

BBL will be on FTA though.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby MW » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:33 pm

Makes my interest in Cricket even less. Bordering on not even watching when on free-to-air now.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Bandit wrote:Had no idea the cricket was on yesterday until I saw it on the 6pm news. Had no idea ch7 don't have any ODI's or intl T20's, what a joke, didn't even think to look it up because I assumed there was no way the Aus team wouldn't be broadcast on free to air tv.
How can this TV deal be better for the game, it is all about the money - cricket Aus putting $$ over the Aus public. I cant see how this will benefit anyone going forward, especially when they are trying to re-instate some sort of faith in the national team from the younger generation. Yes they will have the $ to spend but no-one will care about cricket. Massive balls up this TV deal.

** The wife is happy though with no cricket on TV so they've got her on side, yay.
How could people not know? It's been a talking point since the deal was announced.

Having said that I was prepared with a Foxtel subscription, but by the time I was ready to watch it South Africa only needed 30 odd runs to win so only watched an over.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Booney wrote:I tried tuning in several times on the Cricket Australia app, but, just like our top order it kept crashing.
I couldn't watch the SA v Vics live stream on my tablet in the morning as it kept crashing. The ODI live stream worked a little bit for me until that kept crashing too so I cracked the shits and used my Foxtel app instead.

What a load of shit, hopefully they will fix/have the the live stream issues
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Gozu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:32 pm

Nine have decided to keep this year's Ashes series instead of giving it to Seven for the next two Wimbledon's and Nine will also keep next year's World Twenty20 tournament to be played in Australia.

Nine has rejected an offer from Seven to swap the 2019 and 2020 Wimbledon Championships in exchange for the right to broadcast the Ashes exclusively.

Nine has opted to keep the Ashes series, taking place in Edgbaston in August, which marks Steve Smith and David Warner’s return to Test cricket. Timezones will mean the broadcast will take place in primetime in Australia.

The Daily Telegraph reports Nine will take take the international feed and commentary from Star Sports for the World Cup and Sky for the Ashes.

Nine will also broadcast next year’s World Twenty20 tournament to be staged on Australian soil.

Last year a deal was struck for the 2019 Australian Open, with Nine paying Seven $48.5m, when the latter’s schedule was given to summer Cricket.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/02/nine-r ... ledon.html
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket