Australian tour of India 2017

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:02 am

stan wrote:Image

Too bad the pics got out. Social media is such a curse.

She looks like a belter.

This is why tests should be changed away from a toss & to the touring team choosing to bat or bowl.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:04 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:Say a tweet yesterday :

"So it's a win the toss and win kind of pitch?"

And that's what shouldn't be allowed.
As long as the pitch gives both sides a chance, I don't care.

It's what makes Ponting's suggestion all the more valid.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:05 am

I don't know why everyone is always so shocked and surprised when these pitches are produced over there.

About time each country began preparing decks that suit their side - next time around we should produce the quickest wickets we can :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4005 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:06 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Agreed.

Hey, they could just go back to playing on coir mats.

United Districts ( in behind the hockey club in Woodville North ) used to have the worst hessian mats you would have ever seen. Holes for landing when bowling, gaff tape short of a length if you had a lefty over the wicket at you. It was dangerous, fun, but dangerous.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:08 am

am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but we do the exact same thing but at the other end of the ledger, if we play a team that lacks genuine quicks we make sure we play them at the WACA and make it very venomous.

And we've played teams with genuine quicks on the WACA and the pitch stays the same (save for it's decline over the past 10 years)

West Indies, South Africa recently, Pakistan with Wasim and Waqar

End of the day it is what it is both teams have to play on it.

This could backfire massively on India if we win the toss and post a decent 1st innings score (250-300)

Pretty sure we generally played them over 5 tests so there was no real say in the matter, I'm sure we dimmed it down a little when the quality of the pace attack was higher than ours.

We have been the most pig-headed, sooky cricketing nation for the past 25 years, the pack has caught up to us and we're not used of it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:24 am

Bowlers and batsman the world over come to Australia to test themselves in the best conditions, wickets and runs on Australian decks are what players hang their hats on. Taking 12/70 on those type of Indian decks can be done by any old pie chucker. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but we do the exact same thing but at the other end of the ledger, if we play a team that lacks genuine quicks we make sure we play them at the WACA and make it very venomous.

I have to disagree. The waca is always venomous because of the high clay content.
All Australian wickets have grass.
Its turf cricket not dirt cricket.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Pretty sure we generally played them over 5 tests so there was no real say in the matter, I'm sure we dimmed it down a little when the quality of the pace attack was higher than ours.

We have been the most pig-headed, sooky cricketing nation for the past 25 years, the pack has caught up to us and we're not used of it.

Disagree, our media has become the biggest sooks as it sells papers and www Mb. have you heard anything coming out of the test team?? Today's article is all about the crap wicket, Tomorrow or at some time over the next few days I bet my left nut there will be an article about us being the biggest pack of sooks with a quote attributable to a former player saying we should harden up and in our day we did/put up with it when we came to Aust.

re the wickets:

Yes but there was no shaving it down and rolling out mud to blunt the pace attacks, even when we were poo in the 80s.

Groundsmen prepared the wickets as per the local conditions.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:44 am

am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Pretty sure we generally played them over 5 tests so there was no real say in the matter, I'm sure we dimmed it down a little when the quality of the pace attack was higher than ours.

Disagree, our media has become the biggest sooks as it sells papers and www Mb. have you heard anything coming out of the test team?? Today's article is all about the crap wicket, Tomorrow or at some time over the next few days I bet my left nut there will be an article about us being the biggest pack of sooks with a quote attributable to a former player saying we should harden up and in our day we did/put up with it when we came to Aust.

re the wickets:

Yes but there was no shaving it down and rolling out mud to blunt the pace attacks, even when we were poo in the 80s.

Groundsmen prepared the wickets as per the local conditions.

I was saying over the past 25 years, the playing group is not as arrogant now because we're no longer dominating the game.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:38 am

Zartan wrote:I don't know why everyone is always so shocked and surprised when these pitches are produced over there.

About time each country began preparing decks that suit their side - next time around we should produce the quickest wickets we can :D

Not while there is a vested commercial interest in ensuring tests last for five days.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Q. wrote:
Zartan wrote:I don't know why everyone is always so shocked and surprised when these pitches are produced over there.

Not while there is a vested commercial interest in ensuring tests last for five days.

And the fact that any decent curator has pride in their work. A wicket that keeps low and deteriorates in the second session, first day, just makes for crap cricket.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Q. wrote:

We could just bowl bumpers for 2 days :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4005 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:30 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Q. wrote:

And the fact that any decent curator has pride in their work. A wicket that keeps low and deteriorates in the second session, first day, just makes for crap cricket.

I dunno, these tests have been fascinating
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stampy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:31 pm

imagine if we made wickets to suit shane warne? would've taken 1000 test wickets
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Relax everyone. After the up roar on social media, india are now starting the pitch repairs.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:50 pm

The early talk for tomorrow's third test is that Maxwell will come in for Mitch Marsh and Cummins in for Starc.

While I think Maxwell should of been in the side before Marsh from the start I disagree with this selection (like most on here would I reckon). Got to play 6 batsman bringing in Khawaja. The 5th bowling option is irrelevant but would be great to see Maxi show some balls and go after the Indian bowlers, something that Marsh is just to scared and too shit to do.

Don't really like how Cummins is going to come straight in instead of considering playing Bird but we need his extra pace as he should be nearly as effective as Starc and it looks like he's in some good form. It's probably ideal for Cummins to play in India as teams as less reliant on their quicks as the spinners are obviously the main bowlers in those conditions. Although I would not be at all surprised to see him get injured lol.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Cummins pace will be irrelevant on this completely dead pitch
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:11 pm

If there's two pitches alongside the match pitch you'd think the ball would scuff up very quickly. Could be some significant reverse swing going on.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Australian tour of India 2017

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:42 am

Last minute pitch preparation [emoji3]

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2013/09 ... 00-c85.jpg
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:35 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:The early talk for tomorrow's third test is that Maxwell will come in for Mitch Marsh and Cummins in for Starc.

While I think Maxwell should of been in the side before Marsh from the start I disagree with this selection (like most on here would I reckon). Got to play 6 batsman bringing in Khawaja. The 5th bowling option is irrelevant but would be great to see Maxi show some balls and go after the Indian bowlers, something that Marsh is just to scared and too shit to do.

Don't really like how Cummins is going to come straight in instead of considering playing Bird but we need his extra pace as he should be nearly as effective as Starc and it looks like he's in some good form. It's probably ideal for Cummins to play in India as teams as less reliant on their quicks as the spinners are obviously the main bowlers in those conditions. Although I would not be at all surprised to see him get injured lol.

Bird and Maxwell should come in my opinion. I would rather have Bird plugging away with unerring accuracy than Cummins spraying the ball and giving up a boundary every over. I don't expect Maxwell to bowl much, but he's clearly better in the field and will not be a sitting duck when he bats.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket