International ODIs

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: International ODIs

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:01 am

locky801 wrote:Piss poor performance by our batsman again

Think Wade has lost the players :D :D ;)
All of the top 6/7 apart from Marsh ( who has been outstanding) and maybe Wade have been piss poor for 6 T20s in a row now just shows to everyone they aren't good enough and aren't obviously doing their WC squad aspirations any good. The issues against spin continue and they'll obviously be similar conditions to Bangladesh in the UAE for the WC so that is a huge concern.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:13 am

So far we've been pantsed by the 8th ranked team and now we're getting embarrassed by the 10th ranked team, can we go play Nepal next?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:35 am

Why play Ashton Turner and bat him at 7?
Why play 4 seamers in the sub-continent and then only bowl 3 of them?
Why play Moises and bat him at 4?
Why bat Agar at 6?
Why play 3 keepers?
Why doesn't Wade open when his BBL record is immaculate as an opener yet Carey rarely opens for the Strikers?
Why play Carey at all when his T20 record is shit with the bat and he didn't keep?

So here are the players that didn't get a turn:
W.Agar
Behrendorff
Christian
Ellis (did this dude win a competition or something, is he from Reynella's B Grade?)
McDermott
Meredith
Swepson
Sandwich (travelling reserve? WTF is that?)

Where does the improvement come from? Only Behrendorff, McDermott or Swepson could strengthen our side then we have a pensioner and 4 kids on work experience?

If we think we're getting anywhere in the World Cup we're delusional.

When will the selectors consult TDK?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Why play Ashton Turner and bat him at 7?
Why bat Agar at 6?
Why play 3 keepers?
Why doesn't Wade open when his BBL record is immaculate as an opener yet Carey rarely opens for the Strikers?
Why play Carey at all when his T20 record is shit with the bat and he didn't keep?

I think Turner ended up batting 7 because of Agar being a left hander and replacing the left handed Wade which is a trend/tatic that BBL teams (especially Perth) have been doing for a while to maintain the left hand/right had combination at the crease and/or trying to curb the influence of a leg spinner or left arm spinner spinning the ball away from the right hander.

Obviously the Aussies have implemented it aswell, it was done in the third ODI against the Windies where Agar batted ahead of Turner and Christian to curb the influence of the Windies left arm spinner and leg spinner. The issue is when the opposition has both left and right arm spinners bowling in tandem and spinning the ball in opposite directions like Bangladesh had that tatic is harder to implement and execute, especially in those conditions where the Aussie batsmen continue to struggle.

Moises is best suited to 3 or 4 in a T20 side but he's not just good enough for international cricket!

Who is the forth seamer you are talking about? Starc, Hazlewood and Tye are the three who played last night with Zampa and Agar as the spinners plus Marsh and Turner as the extras. Like is the West Indies the bowling attack is not the problem.

I agree Wade should be opening, surely he is the best option at the top of the order in the current squad.
Carey has opened for the Strikers the year they won the BBL title and had a good tournament but played mainly at 4 from memory last season and has play mostly in the middle order for Australia so it was very odd to see him opening instead of Wade IMO.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:41 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Why play Ashton Turner and bat him at 7?
Why bat Agar at 6?
Why play 3 keepers?

I think Turner ended up batting 7 because of Agar being a left hander and replacing the left handed Wade which is a trend/tatic that BBL teams (especially Perth) have been doing for a while to maintain the left hand/right had combination at the crease and/or trying to curb the influence of a leg spinner or left arm spinner spinning the ball away from the right hander. Fair enough, but even still, Agar is not an international standard #6 and you have to question their faith in Turner, especially when you're chasing a little over a run a ball.

Obviously the Aussies have implemented it aswell, it was done in the third ODI against the Windies where Agar batted ahead of Turner and Christian to curb the influence of the Windies left arm spinner and leg spinner. The issue is when the opposition has both left and right arm spinners bowling in tandem and spinning the ball in opposite directions like Bangladesh had that tatic is harder to implement and execute, especially in those conditions where the Aussie batsmen continue to struggle.

Moises is best suited to 3 or 4 in a T20 side but he's not just good enough for international cricket! Agreed, could be a late order pinch hitter if you can find room for him in your XI

Who is the forth seamer you are talking about? Moises, and shit, I didn't even mention Marsh, so 5 in essence. Starc, Hazlewood and Tye are the three who played last night with Zampa and Agar as the spinners plus Marsh and Turner as the extras. Like is the West Indies the bowling attack is not the problem. Yes, we have alternatives for when Starc has his off days, and they will happen, Hazelwood rarely gets carted, piss Tye off and strengthen our batting, Starc wouldn't even bat as high for his state.

I agree Wade should be opening, surely he is the best option at the top of the order in the current squad.
Carey has opened for the Strikers the year they won the BBL title and had a good tournament but played mainly at 4 from memory last season and has play mostly in the middle order for Australia so it was very odd to see him opening instead of Wade IMO. Carey was at his prime when he was opening, him and Weatherald were on fire and then we had Head coming in at 3 turning it up even more................and all left handers

I do tend to favour the left/right combo though, more so for the opening pair.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:16 pm

Second T20I in Bangladesh, the Aussies are batting first.
Both teams unchanged!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:56 pm

Carey goes for 11 and we are 2/32 after 6.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby DOC » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:34 pm

3/90 after 15.

Think we need 50 More.
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:48 pm

5/103 off 17.3

Wade goes for 4. Should be playing golf.
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:51 pm

Agar goes first ball.
DOC
Coach

Postby locky801 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:54 pm

DOC wrote:5/103 off 17.3

Wade goes for 4. Should be playing golf.

Hopefully after this tour he will be :roll:

7/106 :oops: :oops:
Last edited by locky801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:55 pm

DOC wrote:Agar goes first ball.
6/106, things going well with the bat then!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:02 am

7/121

Need a big bowling performance.
DOC
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:48 am

5 wicket loss enough said :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:00 am

I'm really surprised, we were comfortably beaten in the first game so we made some wholesome changes to try and rectify the result, we moved
Turner up to 6 and Agar to 7, surely that fixed the problem?

Spin: 8 overs, 41 runs
Pace: 10.4 overs, 82 runs.

Not that the ball is the issue although I think Starc and Hazlewood is enough pace-wise when we have Marsh and Moises to wax a few overs between them too.

Wade
Philippe
Marsh
McDermott
Henriques
Turner
Christian
Agar
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

That's the best I can come up with considering who they took across, we just didn't send enough capable batsmen.

Mitch Marsh for captaincy moving forward, keep him away from the longer version games, the bloke gets injured fielding.

I'm hoping that they have 6 or 7 already penciled in for the WC and these two tours were just auditions for a lot of fringe players.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:22 am

I don't follow the T20 closely but are we the only country who still doesn't play their best 11 every single time.

You throw, Warner, Smith, Cummins into the side and that's a huge difference, especially in t20 where one performance can easily win you a game.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm really surprised, we were comfortably beaten in the first game so we made some wholesome changes to try and rectify the result, we moved
Turner up to 6 and Agar to 7, surely that fixed the problem?

Spin: 8 overs, 41 runs
Pace: 10.4 overs, 82 runs.

Not that the ball is the issue although I think Starc and Hazlewood is enough pace-wise when we have Marsh and Moises to wax a few overs between them too.

Wade
Philippe
Marsh
McDermott
Henriques
Turner
Christian
Agar
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

That's the best I can come up with considering who they took across, we just didn't send enough capable batsmen.

Mitch Marsh for captaincy moving forward, keep him away from the longer version games, the bloke gets injured fielding.

I'm hoping that they have 6 or 7 already penciled in for the WC and these two tours were just auditions for a lot of fringe players.

Miving forward batting wise Phillippe and Turner simply cannot be picked for the WC as they are not good enough and it's either Wade or Carey to take the gloves, can't have one just playing as a batsmen IMO.
They need to give McDermott and Christian an opportunity now.
Marsh the shinning light once again!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:08 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Miving forward batting wise Phillippe and Turner simply cannot be picked for the WC as they are not good enough and it's either Wade or Carey to take the gloves, can't have one just playing as a batsmen IMO.

Yep, I'd persevere with Philippe for the remainder of this tour, it was enough of an audition, there's just no room for Turner, batting 6 or 7 he's never gonna hit a half ton unless we're 4/10, he will never strike at 160 or above and we have enough all-rounders that can fill in the middle to lower order positions while being able to contribute with the ball if need be.

We should be investing time in the middle for McDermott, he has to bat 4, 5 at the lowest and yeah, let's actually see if Dan is up to it, chucking him in for a game here or there is pointless, he'd put too much pressure on himself to perform, telling him he has a guaranteed 5 games to prove his worth would take the edge off we'd get a better result, or alternatively we'd see that he just aint up to it.

whufc wrote:I don't follow the T20 closely but are we the only country who still doesn't play their best 11 every single time.

You throw, Warner, Smith, Cummins into the side and that's a huge difference, especially in t20 where one performance can easily win you a game.

Yep, Warner and Smith gives that top order a whole new look, the other opener role is still up for grabs as is the keeper, in today's game it's usually a dual role.

With the T20 WC being held in the UAE we really need to focus on batsmen that can handle turning wickets.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Miving forward batting wise Phillippe and Turner simply cannot be picked for the WC as they are not good enough and it's either Wade or Carey to take the gloves, can't have one just playing as a batsmen IMO.

Yep, I'd persevere with Philippe for the remainder of this tour, it was enough of an audition, there's just no room for Turner, batting 6 or 7 he's never gonna hit a half ton unless we're 4/10, he will never strike at 160 or above and we have enough all-rounders that can fill in the middle to lower order positions while being able to contribute with the ball if need be.

We should be investing time in the middle for McDermott, he has to bat 4, 5 at the lowest and yeah, let's actually see if Dan is up to it, chucking him in for a game here or there is pointless, he'd put too much pressure on himself to perform, telling him he has a guaranteed 5 games to prove his worth would take the edge off we'd get a better result, or alternatively we'd see that he just aint up to it.

whufc wrote:I don't follow the T20 closely but are we the only country who still doesn't play their best 11 every single time.

Yep, Warner and Smith gives that top order a whole new look, the other opener role is still up for grabs as is the keeper, in today's game it's usually a dual role.

With the T20 WC being held in the UAE we really need to focus on batsmen that can handle turning wickets.

Cmon fellas, Christian, really??
He beats up on the 4th, 5th 6th bowlers in a Big Bash league that is amongst the worst in the world. I dont think there is any doubt about this anymore, f me the Hong Kong 6's is probaly a better standard haha.
He has not improved at what? 38 years of age, nobody does, he has always been just not quite good enough, wether it be shield cricket or domestic one dayers and now we are trying to build a case for him at International level, please, turn it up.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:36 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Cmon fellas, Christian, really??
He beats up on the 4th, 5th 6th bowlers in a Big Bash league that is amongst the worst in the world. I dont think there is any doubt about this anymore, f me the Hong Kong 6's is probaly a better standard haha.
He has not improved at what? 38 years of age, nobody does, he has always been just not quite good enough, wether it be shield cricket or domestic one dayers and now we are trying to build a case for him at International level, please, turn it up.

All bullshit aside, we shouldn't have sent him, but look at some of the other chops over there, may aswell nip it in the bud now as a failed experiment.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket