Hussey Hussey Hussey OI OI OI

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Hussey Hussey Hussey OI OI OI

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:13 pm

I've been watching Test cricket for over 30 years and have seen some truly great players over the years. But I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how TF Mike Hussey managed to make a century today. 27 n.o. when Glen McGrath came to the wicket, now Hussey has smashed his way to 112 not out..a truly remarkable performance.

In a test match where other newbies Jaques, Hodge and Symonds poked prodded and failed, Mike Hussey has come to Australia's rescue with a truly amazing innings. I believe that Hussey could in fact become greater than Waugh and that is really saying something. Mike Hussey you are a dead set legend.

Fantastic Test Cricket!! Forget the hit and giggle that will follow once this test series starts, this, along with Mike Hussey is the genuine article.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Re: Hussey Hussey Hussey OI OI OI

Postby Ian » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:04 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:I've been watching Test cricket for over 30 years and have seen some truly great players over the years. But I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how TF Mike Hussey managed to make a century today. 27 n.o. when Glen McGrath came to the wicket, now Hussey has smashed his way to 112 not out..a truly remarkable performance.

Finished up on 122, with McGrath no11, great innings by both if them, McGrath's 11 was worth a hell of a lot more than 11, just to stay out there in the middle with Hussey was a great effort

Interesting comment by Ian Chappel today, he claims that McGrath has never been that bad a #11 batsman. He backed his statement by the number of times (nearlly half of all dismissals I think) McGrath has been caught out after edging the ball, and he reckons that most #11's aren't good enough to get close enough to the ball to get the edge in the first place.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby duncs7 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:28 pm

Hussey has a great head on his shoulders too.
Possibly future captain?
Outstanding batting today.
Elizabeth Eagles Football Club. Est 1956
Argana Park, Elizabeth. SA
http://www.elizabethfc.net
duncs7
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Hussey Hussey Hussey OI OI OI

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:01 pm

Ian wrote:

Interesting comment by Ian Chappel today, he claims that McGrath has never been that bad a #11 batsman.

You would certainly have Pidge ahead of at least a dozen West Indian tailenders of recent series that's for sure.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket