BOWDEN AND DAR

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

BOWDEN AND DAR

Postby Tiger Couple » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:34 pm

Are these two clowns trying to piss eveyone off. (players, coaches, commentators and spectators)

They have been ordinary and that is being nice. The main terrible decisions have been Prince LBW, Boucher Catch, Symonds LBW.

The point being they have given two terrible LBW decisions that haven't been close yet there have been a few that have been plum and given not out.

I have thought Bowden was alright before but he just dosen't seem to bi shis normal self out in the middle and I have never rated Dar he makes a lot of ordinary decisions.

What are peoples thoughts on these two or am I overeacting?
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby stan » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:39 pm

When Dar gave Symonds out i was shocked a bit. Pretty much because he dosent give many out. But that was a shocker. There have been plenty of shockers this series. Ohh well not much that can be done about them. just hope that it all evens out in the end.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby eags » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:23 pm

Bowden is a stinker .... I reckon Dar is just having a rough trot. Can't blame them really when you consider the work load they're under. Definitely need more umpires on the panel.

Smith's was an absolute stinker this morning!!
eags
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:52 pm

i agree that the symonds decision was one of the worst i've seen, however Dar doesn't really bother me.

Bowden on the other hand..... is just a dickhead. If he put as much time and effort and focus on the cricket game itself rather than he's theatrics on the field, he would be a top umpire.

But this thread got me thinking.... Do you think umpires in all games go through form slumps like players do? Can you really say that an umpire is out of form?
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:08 am

You certainly can Yab Boy. Steve Bucknor is usually a good umpire (with his main weakness being not actually raising the finger and giving batsmen the opportunity to walk, rather than his judgement) but during the Ashes, he was crap - Just ask Damien Martyn.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket