Swimming

Winter and Summer

Re: Swimming

Postby JAS » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:02 pm

Hadn't realised that swimming could be this ruthless :shock: ...

From the BBC live text... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic ... id=7534974

1149: The texters are wondering if Britain can protest about the Russian's tactics in the 10km swim earlier. Bronze medallist Cassie Patten accused winner Larisa Ilchenko of pulling her feet - but that's par for the course in marathon swimming I'm afraid. It's very much a dog eat dog situation. Plucky Welshman David Davies goes in the men's event tomorrow.

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Grahaml » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:12 pm

JAS wrote:Hadn't realised that swimming could be this ruthless :shock: ...

From the BBC live text... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic ... id=7534974

1149: The texters are wondering if Britain can protest about the Russian's tactics in the 10km swim earlier. Bronze medallist Cassie Patten accused winner Larisa Ilchenko of pulling her feet - but that's par for the course in marathon swimming I'm afraid. It's very much a dog eat dog situation. Plucky Welshman David Davies goes in the men's event tomorrow.

Regards
JAS

That was pretty much the main reason Hackett didn't qualify from what I understand. Didn't have much experience putting up with other blokes hitting him the whole time and being the fave to win everyone wanted to do what they could to stop him.

I know it's part and parcel of open water swimming but I think it shouldn't be allowed.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby JAS » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Grahaml wrote:That was pretty much the main reason Hackett didn't qualify from what I understand. Didn't have much experience putting up with other blokes hitting him the whole time and being the fave to win everyone wanted to do what they could to stop him.

I know it's part and parcel of open water swimming but I think it shouldn't be allowed.

Couldn't agree more...I mean WTF...they might as well allow kicking, punching and hair pulling in the road marathon.

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Pseudo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:37 am

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1604 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Olympics