Spanish Football

The World Game

Re: Spanish La Liga

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:09 am

devilsadvocate wrote:There was a good centre pread in the Advertiser yesterday regarding the regional divisions in Spain. I don't think many people in Aus realise how divided the country really is.

Even though the WC win helps bring some unity, there is still loads of talk about star performers Fabregas, Puyol and Inniesta being from Catalunya, while Casillas and Torres are Castillian.

Apparently there was a court ruling in Spain recently declaring that Catalunya was not allowed to refer to itself as a nation.

All politics aside, La Liga is great IMO. I really enjoy watching the few games get.

They've been fighting for autonomy for years mate. There was/is a terrorist sect that that were very "active" a few years ago. They targetted tourists too by putting bombs in rubbish bins in coastal tourist centres.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Il Duce » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:30 am

so spain has to sets of it own terriost bombing the country....eta and this one from catalunya
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:13 am

johntheclaret wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:There was a good centre pread in the Advertiser yesterday regarding the regional divisions in Spain. I don't think many people in Aus realise how divided the country really is.

Even though the WC win helps bring some unity, there is still loads of talk about star performers Fabregas, Puyol and Inniesta being from Catalunya, while Casillas and Torres are Castillian.

Apparently there was a court ruling in Spain recently declaring that Catalunya was not allowed to refer to itself as a nation.

All politics aside, La Liga is great IMO. I really enjoy watching the few games get.

They've been fighting for autonomy for years mate. There was/is a terrorist sect that that were very "active" a few years ago. They targetted tourists too by putting bombs in rubbish bins in coastal tourist centres.

I know mate. It's shocking really.
When I was in San Sebastian, we got chatting to a local (who'd drank as much Sangria as I had admitedly!) who was a mssive fan of ETA and totally anti-castillian. He was a really nice bloke actually, but it was a bit worrying how anti-Spain he was.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:40 am

LUIS FABIANO COMMITS HIMSELF TO SEVILLA

Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano insists he is going nowhere this summer, despite speculation linking him with a host of clubs.
AC Milan and Tottenham have already expressed their interest in Luis Fabiano and the Brazil international reportedly claimed he would love a move to the Rossoneri or Manchester United.
Chelsea were also thought to have made enquiries but the 29-year-old insists he will still be a Sevilla player when the Copa del Rey winners kick of f the season in the Supercopa de Espana against Barcelona next month.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:42 am

VAN DER VAART RULES OUT PREM SWITCH

Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart insists reports linking him with a move to England are wide of the mark.
The Madrid playmaker was believed to be mulling over the prospect of a switch to the Premier League, with Liverpool and Chelsea ready to pounce.

It was claimed that Van der Vaart was ready to call time on his time in Spain after slipping down the pecking order at Santiago Bernabeu.
He was even quoted as saying that the opportunity to join Liverpool or Chelsea would be 'impossible to turn down'.
However, the Dutchman claims he has been misquoted and never intended to suggest that he was closing in on a move to England.

Instead, the 27-year-old playmaker is looking to force his way into the fold at Real, with Jose Mourinho having stepped into the Bernabeu hot-seat over the summer.
"I'm determined to stay at Real Madrid," Van der Vaart told De Telegraaf.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:45 am

GUTI SET TO JOIN BESIKTAS

Besiktas have confirmed they have all but completed the signing of former Real Madrid midfielder Guti on a free transfer.
Guti, who on Sunday brought the curtain down on a 15-year professional career at the Bernabeu, has long been linked with a move to the Turkish giants.
And Besiktas have now confirmed the 33-year-old will pen a two-year deal worth 2.7million euros a season if he passes a medical on Tuesday.
The move sees Guti reunited with former Madrid coach Bernd Schuster and the club's new number 14 will be presented to the fans at 8pm (local time) on Tuesday night.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:36 pm

SEGUNDA DIVISIÓN

27th Aug

Valladolid 3 0 Villarreal B
johntheclaret
Coach

Re: Spanish Football

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:16 pm

one of the biggest club games in the world, 1st v 2nd

barca v real

ended up 5-0 :shock: :shock: :shock:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Fantastic result fir all us madrid haters. Couldnt happen to a nicer team :lol:
I was pissing myself laughing when i saw highlights.
Money well spent. Would love to see them go trophyless again
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby devilsadvocate » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:22 am

Finally a bit of entertainment in the Spanish league!

Cesc got what he deserved - a slap!

And Ronnie's 3rd goal was unbelievable.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:09 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:Finally a bit of entertainment in the Spanish league!

Cesc got what he deserved - a slap!

And Ronnie's 3rd goal was unbelievable.

While I've been stuck at Hong Kong airport I was sussing out the Spanish table and if Lavente win their game in hand they will go top of the league by one point! 3 or 4 teams are yet to lose a game aswell
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Lavante win to go top by a point in la liga :shock:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:18 pm

I hope they stay there because it will finaly put some intrest in la liga, but it wont happen sadly and the big 2 will be as you where.

Love to be proven wrong and the top 3 be like lavante, malaga and sevilla
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Il Duce wrote:I hope they stay there because it will finaly put some intrest in la liga, but it wont happen sadly and the big 2 will be as you where.

It got me off my seat thats for sure! I dont normally follow spain coz of the dominace of madriad and barca but did lavante go about their recruiting quietly or are they just surprising eveyone atm?
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:29 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Il Duce wrote:I hope they stay there because it will finaly put some intrest in la liga, but it wont happen sadly and the big 2 will be as you where.

It got me off my seat thats for sure! I dont normally follow spain coz of the dominace of madriad and barca but did lavante go about their recruiting quietly or are they just surprising eveyone atm?

Nah they are surprising everyone, just survived relagation last year, they league position was made better by wins in the last month of games but they just survived, they have the oldest squad by at least 2.5 years more than everyone else. they spent something like 210k euro's in the summer in comparision Malaga the new "money team" besides the big 2 spent something like 65million euro. They dont even play great football just do the basics and they have caught everyone off guard they even beat real madriad. The only game they have actually played fantastic in and dominated was on the weekend in the derby vs Villareal which they batted 3-0 but they dominated possesion like 65% to 35% all game. It is a fantastic effort and I hope it continues and they are rewarded with something come seasons end weather it be the copa del rey, europa league spot, champions league spot or the league title itself. (btw this current run of form is the best in there 102 year history and the only trophy they have one, was a make shift one during the spanish civil war)
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:52 pm

El Clasico is on this weekend
Barcelona are $2.87 outsiders :shock:
Would like to know the last time Barca went into any match not being favourite.
Hopefully they smash those Madrid wankers
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:52 am

Jim05 wrote:El Clasico is on this weekend

You'd be surprised Jim. I put a bet on every now and then and when ever Messi has been out Barcas odds become more juicy. But I think this one is purely form based.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:13 am

I hope Madrid smash Barca! Would love to see Ronaldo and Real lift La Liga instead of Barca even though both clubs are arrogant Spanish tossers to be fair.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:53 pm

RoosterMarty wrote:

I hope Madrid smash Barca! Would love to see Ronaldo and Real lift La Liga instead of Barca even though both clubs are arrogant Spanish tossers to be fair.

Ronaldo can get stuffed, good to see he has won F**k all since joining them.
Mourinho is a knob aswell
I dont actually mind Barca, love Messi
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:26 am

Barca go top after hamerring Real 3-1
Jim05
Coach