2011 Assoc Games between SFL GSFL & RMFL - June Long Weekend

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: 2011 Assoc Games between SFL GSFL & RMFL - June Long Weekend

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 pm

You fielded a full strentgh side and we played U/23 when we fielded a normal side we kicked your butt back over the hill to prove that we are the best metro league. I hate the U/23 concept its crap you should always field your best side
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby t express » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:13 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:You fielded a full strentgh side and we played U/23 when we fielded a normal side we kicked your butt back over the hill to prove that we are the best metro league. I hate the U/23 concept its crap you should always field your best side
ease up princess
t express
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Pommy Git » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:38 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:You fielded a full strentgh side and we played U/23 when we fielded a normal side we kicked your butt back over the hill to prove that we are the best metro league. I hate the U/23 concept its crap you should always field your best side

didnt morphett vale kick broadviews @rse in a trial game a few years back? i think both teams won premierships the year before.
Pommy Git

Has liked: 8 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:53 pm

I asked why we were fielding 2 equal sides at an SFL meeting.

Craig Warman explained how the SFL Board have worked very hard behind the scenes since the Hills League dropped out mid-season last year, to ensure a match was played this year.

Both RMFL and Great Southern wanted to play their full strength Senior sides.
Initially RMFL were asked if they were interested in playing an U21/U23 side, and they declined.

GSFL and RMFL were planning to play against each other, but agreed to this format to ensure the SFL were able to play an Association Match in it's 125th Year.

Like it or loath it, it was either this format with 2 Senior matches, or nothing.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Grape Ape » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:52 pm

What's wrong with a round robin comp - 2 x 20min halves?
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:11 pm

Pommy Git wrote:

didnt morphett vale kick broadviews @rse in a trial game a few years back? i think both teams won premierships the year before.

We fielded 10 fringe A Graders from the B Grade and new sigings with a few A graders in the main trial. We only lost as we didn't kick straight 8.17!!!!!!!! from memory

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:14 pm

t express wrote:
ease up princess

Then why did your league pull out of the game and not have the decency to tell our league.

I had to tell them at a delegates meeting that you had squibbed out after they announced that we were playing again that year. The League directors were not impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty piss weak if you ask me

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby Speccy02 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:16 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
t express wrote:
ease up princess

Then why did your league pull out of the game and not have the decency to tell our league.

I had to tell them at a delegates meeting that you had squibbed out after they announced that we were playing again that year. The League directors were not impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty piss weak if you ask me

Someone's got an axe to grind....... :shock: :shock:
Speccy02
Rookie

Postby The Lova » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:18 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
Pommy Git wrote:

We fielded 10 fringe A Graders from the B Grade and new sigings with a few A graders in the main trial. We only lost as we didn't kick straight 8.17!!!!!!!! from memory

How do you know Morphett Vale werent in the same boat. ;) ;)
As far as the kicking goes..... bad kicking IS bad football!!
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 pm

The Lova would know!!
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby The Lova » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:The Lova would know!!

Youve gotta get touches to kick poorly Zelezny, Im sure we will find out how you kick one day :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL