FREE SUBS UNDER 14 & 16'S !!!!

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: FREE SUBS UNDER 14 & 16'S !!!!

Postby A Mum » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Waterboy wrote:
A Mum wrote:Lion Heart.

A good thing to do is find out which are your local schools and place an advert in thier school newsletters.
Then all parents will see the notice.

O:)

Notices were placed in school newsletters (or daily notes) at all the local secondary schools that would allow it. Apparently a couple declined when asked.

That's good then, but a bugger that some declined.
I suppose you are up against 'school football' on Saturday's as well and maybe that's why they declined.

What about a free sausage sizzle at a local shop/shopping complex
With a sign that has it plain to see that you are offering free subs to play football.
And have people on hand to talk to the parents who pass by.

Just another suggestion, but I think as you say, letterbox drop probably a good idea.
Just the initiative to have free subs is a great idea.
So I wish you luck with it O:)
You get what you give....
A Mum
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:43 pm

A Mum wrote:
Waterboy wrote:

A good thing to do is find out which are your local schools and place an advert in thier school newsletters.

Notices were placed in school newsletters (or daily notes) at all the local secondary schools that would allow it. Apparently a couple declined when asked.

I suppose you are up against 'school football' on Saturday's as well and maybe that's why they declined.

With a sign that has it plain to see that you are offering free subs to play football.

Just another suggestion, but I think as you say, letterbox drop probably a good idea.

Now there's a ripper of and idea !! Go do it Lions !!!
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby lion heart » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:40 am

Bag The Points wrote:
A Mum wrote:
Waterboy wrote:

It is a great idea A Mum but weve already tried it at great expense (we were charged for the site at local shopping centre) and although i wouldnt call it a failure (we did pick up subbies) we still didnt get the age group were desperate for (under 14/16''s).
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Waterboy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:50 am

lion heart wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:
A Mum wrote:

It is a great idea A Mum but weve already tried it at great expense (we were charged for the site at local shopping centre) and although i wouldnt call it a failure (we did pick up subbies) we still didnt get the age group were desperate for (under 14/16''s).

Actually we've done it twice. The first time was the first year of the subbies, the year you're thinking of.
The second time was a couple of years ago, we had a free space at Colonnades. The president and the junior co-ordinator apparently spent all of one Saturday down there and saw about 2 14-16 year old boys.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Brock Landers » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Waterboy wrote:
lion heart wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:
A Mum wrote:

Actually we've done it twice. The first time was the first year of the subbies, the year you're thinking of.
The second time was a couple of years ago, we had a free space at Colonnades. The president and the junior co-ordinator apparently spent all of one Saturday down there and saw about 2 14-16 year old boys.

Teenagers seem to like hanging out at Noarlunga Train Station for some reason. Maybe hand out some fliers around there.
Brock Landers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL