Morphie Vs Willunga

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Morphie Vs Willunga

Postby wattle » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:00 pm

BJ Ernest wrote:Fair enough Wattle. We had no bigger point to prove than MV did. If anything as they say they have beaten us the last couple of years for whatever reason but this year we had more players available than other years and i think we got a closer result becuase of that.

Doesnt matter, a trial game is a trial game, the real stuff starts in a couple of years and from here we build into another season to hopefully play some finals and in the end try to win the flag.

Fair enough, and winning flags is what its all about in any comp in any grade all the best to you this year,my mate plays at Reynella so i hope they can knock off Morphies this year in the sfl.
wattle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:06 pm

Leg Rope wrote:Becareful Diver those Love birds get touchy!
Least Mex isn't talking about how much he drinks these days and just talking footy. Well done Willunga good effort to beat Morphies.
I reckon the best game would be MVale Vs Goodwood saints both at full strength as far as amatuer footy goes!

Goodwood way too good at full strength. Don't think many on here would disagree with that.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 773 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:52 am

ex diver wrote:Thanks to the two "lovebirds" Chucks and Mexican, im well aware that trial matches have no premiership points but a good result for us may at least burst some of your arrogance which is getting tiresome.

Confidence in ability would look like arrogance to someone like you, who clearly has no idea.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 73 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Cheese Twisties » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:16 am

BJ, how long has that Hasset bloke (number 8 i think?) played for you guys? Looks like a gun, moves a bit too quickly for someone that big!

Also i reckon its a shame we cant organise a match where we would both be at full strength, especially when its a common gripe in the SFL (im not sure about the GSFL) that there arent enough tough/close games over the course of the season.
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby BJ Ernest » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 am

Brad Haskett is about 6'5 and one of the quickest and strongest at the club and in the league. Quite an athlete! Was down at Sturrt when he was 17/18 and 19 was playin reserves but didnt have the confidence hes got now. Fingers crossed he goes back down to a league club and see what he can do. To be honest if he applies himself and has a stellar year down in town next year he could be a chance with that frame to maybe get picked up. But thats a big call and he loves his Willunga and the boys down there so who knows! Very handy and most of the time we play him on a wing or hafl back, a luxury to say the least.

Yeah its hard to get everyone together, im sure everyones fit come finals time but if theres any niggles u dont risk them in a "trial".
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Panther32 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:37 am

I dunno if he would be 6'5 would he??? maybe 6'3-6'4... He played in the middle last time we played against him and was pretty awesome. Just has the strength to get the ball out of the middle.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby BJ Ernest » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:38 am

Panther you will find hes about 196-197 but stoops coz hes what we call a "yeti".
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Postby Panther32 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 am

Is he really??? That's bigger than most ruckman!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Postby BJ Ernest » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:44 am

Panther we know that aswell. Hes taller than Steele and Thomas (altho all Thomas' time talking to me has left him with quite a hunch :lol: )
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Postby Panther32 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:50 am

BJ Ernest wrote:Panther we know that aswell. Hes taller than Steele and Thomas (altho all Thomas' time talking to me has left him with quite a hunch :lol: )

Like the old days of Mourning and Mugsy!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Postby Cheese Twisties » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 am

BJ how are you boys gonna fit Ryan and Hams in that forward line??!! Im probably 6'1 and was running round in the Morphies backline and wished i brought the stilts instead of footy boots, some big blokes down there.
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby BJ Ernest » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:BJ how are you boys gonna fit Ryan and Hams in that forward line??!! Im probably 6'1 and was running round in the Morphies backline and wished i brought the stilts instead of footy boots, some big blokes down there.

There will be room. There was room Thompson and Hams so i think things will set up similarly to then or maybe even play the 2 up there. We do usually play tall up forward anyway with guys like Dobson and Mcgowan floating around its a pretty potent set up!

Morphies usually have the same height getting around the ground i woulda thought with the Joras boys, Gaskin, Beech, Shorty and co.
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Postby Speccy02 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:07 am

Leg Rope wrote:Becareful Diver those Love birds get touchy!
Least Mex isn't talking about how much he drinks these days and just talking footy. Well done Willunga good effort to beat Morphies.
I reckon the best game would be MVale Vs Goodwood saints both at full strength as far as amatuer footy goes!

I don't mind stirring the pot on here with the best of them, but you 2 seem to take the cake for biggest toser's on here, what sort of w*nker PM's a bloke asking his opinion then bags him out for being wrong, ex Diver you are embarrassing yourself, as for you Leg Rope keep going mate the hole you are digging is getting deeper by the posting, for the record i do not support or follow the Emu's before you jump on that tired wagon...
Speccy02
Rookie

Postby Micky Conlan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Would be the perfect time of year for the two big boys of the south to play,unfortunately both have there eyes set on 5 in a row.Maybe we can find out with kick 2 kick in a few Mondays,or maybe 100 shot in 100 minutes,or even a spelling bee.
"lifes a game of inches, inch by inch, play by play"
Micky Conlan
Under 16s

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL