Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Heatley is only 20 I think, Vanders has been injured most of the season, only played in first game or two.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3566 times

Postby Cheese Twisties » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:01 am

Dutchy wrote:C. Barns C. Bradwell A. Broadbent J. Carger J. Carter A. Coakley J. Crate S. Harvey S. Heatley D. Iljcesen M. Johncock E. King B. Kirk B. Lockett M. Minns N. Mott W. Rivers D. Ruddock C. Semple M. Shearer S. Smith T. Starkey S. Tharaldsen J. Trezise A. Wurst

I dont know a heap of these names - can anyone have a crack at putting them into a lineup? And provide clubs etc

Presumably S Smith (Bushpigs), Iljecsen (Emus), N Mott (Shoes), and C Semple (Flies) will play as key forwards, with Rivers (Bombers), Kirk (Bushpigs) and Lockett (Flies?) playing key back? Anyone know the rucks and mids etc.
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby beer tent » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:
Dutchy wrote:C. Barns C. Bradwell A. Broadbent J. Carger J. Carter A. Coakley J. Crate S. Harvey S. Heatley D. Iljcesen M. Johncock E. King B. Kirk B. Lockett M. Minns N. Mott W. Rivers D. Ruddock C. Semple M. Shearer S. Smith T. Starkey S. Tharaldsen J. Trezise A. Wurst

I dont know a heap of these names - can anyone have a crack at putting them into a lineup? And provide clubs etc

Presumably S Smith (Bushpigs), Iljecsen (Emus), N Mott (Shoes), and C Semple (Flies) will play as key forwards, with Rivers (Bombers), Kirk (Bushpigs) and Lockett (Flies?) playing key back? Anyone know the rucks and mids etc.

Barbarians hmmm didn't they used to rape, murder and pillage ? Well boys in the 21st century once again you better bring a good supply of body bags to ferry home ya dead ;) GSFL 100 +
beer tent

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Some late changes to the original 25 man squad for the SFL.

OUT: King, Trezise, Crate

IN: Jennings, Hillier, Francis
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Animus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Does anyone know who the U21 players are...and why they need to pick a certain amount instead of best available team?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Luke15 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Animus wrote:Does anyone know who the U21 players are...and why they need to pick a certain amount instead of best available team?

By the looks.of it Minns, Wurst, Heatley and Hillier would be 21's. Not sure about 5th and 6th player. Got no idea why they need to pick them
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:28 pm

The SACFL rules require each Zone to field 6 U21 players at the Country Champs so the SFL and GSFL for a few years have agreed to play 6 each in their teams so that they get a good look to assist with the 6 to be selected for the Southern Districts team. You can add at least Barns and Harvey to the U21 year olds Luke 15.

The reason for these rules come from higher above so that SANFL and even AFL clubs can see some young talent playing in a high level of competition to see whether they should be encouraged to play SANFL or even higher. I think young Angus Redman was quite happy to play in the South-East rather than bother to travel to play Glenelg U18 in 2014. But when he made the South-East Zone team as a 17 year old and played very well, I think some AFL clubs were keen for him to get back to Glenelg in 2015 and he went on to play State U18, got drafted and has since made his debut for Essendon.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby banterfordays » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:06 pm

State wide rule about U21;s about youth development, to stop teams of dad's armies floating around and to help SANFL scouts really

4 Players from last year's team and no coaches the same by the looks of it

jet-airport wrote:
strike me pink wrote:Emus are improving with a really good win over Reynella yesterday As and Bs, Wineys appeared to have a lot out, McEntee one of them so not getting real excited yet but looking forward to Brighton after the break, a few regular A Graders to come back in yet including Bode who had another run in the Bs.

Yes the post above from a Flaggies person about a 3 horse race between Reynella flaggies and Brighton is a little premature,Flaggies had 2 x beltings in 2015 finals last year when they were the best performing side throughout the year. If I was Shoes Reynella or Brighton I would be pretty confident playing the bushpigs in September.......

Brighton travelling the best from what I've seen at the moment and I think Shoes and M/Vale will be round the mark come Sept 2016.

Shock horror, Flagstaff person only rates the teams with one loss to their name (at the time of posting) to win the flag. Wow what outlandish prediction.
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby spot on » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:34 pm

beer tent wrote:
Cheese Twisties wrote:

Barbarians hmmm didn't they used to rape, murder and pillage ? Well boys in the 21st century once again you better bring a good supply of body bags to ferry home ya dead ;) GSFL 100 +

A bit off the mark there Beer Tent
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby spot on » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:05 pm

spot on wrote:
beer tent wrote:
Cheese Twisties wrote:

A bit off the mark there Beer Tent

Whoops, wrong score posted on SFL facebook page
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:05 pm

SFL with a donut from three games. Sorry state of affairs for the SFL. Urban sprawl of the last twenty years should see the SFL dominant over GEFL. Any chance of someone pulling their finger out? Or do we just accept the state of the last 15 years to be normal?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Antman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:24 am

Until SFL go to 2 Divs they will continue to be a laughing stock. Pros/Cons? Commonsense surly should prevail.
Antman
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby Luke15 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:59 am

Antman wrote:Until SFL go to 2 Divs they will continue to be a laughing stock. Pros/Cons? Commonsense surly should prevail.

I went to the game yesterday and i reckon you are being a little harsh towards SFL. Yeah sure their league needs to.sort out those shit teams to make.more challenging games every week but to say yesterday was a laughing stock i reckon you were way off the mark. SFL lead.at every break but over run in the last quarter badly. I do know they were down to 1 fit player on the bench and jeez those 4 blokes over 6foot4 for GSFL.didnt get any shorter.

I thought yesterday was a very high standard game and the SFL acquitted themselves well. My opinion only. The other point to note was the age differenxe between both sides. Fair to say there was a lot more experience in the Great Southern side, playing at that level whereas the Southern.team only had 5 players who had played Association before. They will be much better for.it.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby tigerpie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Was at the game and I agree Luke, SFL weren't disgraced.
Not enough talls found them out, to go with a relatively inexperienced midfield.
Thought the rucks battled hard though but GSFL too strong and experienced in the last quarter.
Up till then it was a high standard game.
Straths facilities OMG!!!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby cracka » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:34 pm

Antman wrote:Until SFL go to 2 Divs they will continue to be a laughing stock. Pros/Cons? Commonsense surly should prevail.

How does going to 2 divs help out the association side or are you just commenting in general.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby the observer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:12 am

With the amount of under age teams we have to pick from we should never lose under age football . What happen we won the last 3 encounters with GSFL and was not in the game a lot of players not available not put forward by their clubs or not enough homework done on who should or shouldn't be playing. Real credit to GSFL for doing their checks and result was rewarded.
the observer
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Boof » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:51 am

the observer wrote:With the amount of under age teams we have to pick from we should never lose under age football . What happen we won the last 3 encounters with GSFL and was not in the game a lot of players not available not put forward by their clubs or not enough homework done on who should or shouldn't be playing. Real credit to GSFL for doing their checks and result was rewarded.

Yes we have a lot more players to pick from but how often are they exposed to good hard tough pressure football?
The younger lads develop bad habits that they get away with more often than not due to the lack of quality games. Not only does this hurt us when we play association football, it also puts them at a massive disadvantage when they have a crack at playing SANFL.
No surprise that the few lads currently playing AFL who started off in the SFL left our competition to better there football before making it at SANFL level.
Boof
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:54 pm

Looking at South's u18's on the weekend there were a number of SFL players there that would have qualified for u17.5's but obviously SANFL is the priority, Im guessing there might be some GSFL players in the same boat though
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3566 times

Postby strike me pink » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:31 am

Seems as though SFL do pretty well at Strath (Med Size Ground), I remember 2 years ago the score was close all game but if memory serves me correct have been thrashed at South Adelaide (Large Ground) every time. Hope the League wakes up and has next years match at a Local Ground suited to the SFL Boys.
strike me pink
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby fathersonsfl » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:45 am

strike me pink wrote:Seems as though SFL do pretty well at Strath (Med Size Ground), I remember 2 years ago the score was close all game but if memory serves me correct have been thrashed at South Adelaide (Large Ground) every time. Hope the League wakes up and has next years match at a Local Ground suited to the SFL Boys.

Totally agree. I am sure The Shoes would love to host it.
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL